Team-BHP - Mahindra XUV300 vs the competition
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/)
-   -   Mahindra XUV300 vs the competition (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/208721-mahindra-xuv300-vs-competition-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by roby_dk (Post 4580626)
Don't want to spoil your party, but would love to see if one is able to associate safety as a feature with Maurti cars. :Frustrati

Can be done for Brezza at least. After all its a 4-star rated car at GNCAP!

Didnt vote as I'm split between the Brezza and the Ecosport.

Nothing beats the Brezza as a VFM proposition, and the Ecosport for its brilliant engines.

I own the Ecosport diesel titanium plus. Face-lift model. While I feel good to see the ecosport garner most votes, it really doesn't seem to translate to sales. The sales chart reflect a completely different picture.

What should Ford do to change this? A better marketing strategy? Show people the comparison? The Brezza doesn't deserve to be in the top. That too with a single engine option. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad4bhp (Post 4580803)
I own the Ecosport diesel titanium plus. Face-lift model. While I feel good to see the ecosport garner most votes, it really doesn't seem to translate to sales. The sales chart reflect a completely different picture.

What should Ford do to change this? A better marketing strategy? Show people the comparison? The Brezza doesn't deserve to be in the top. That too with a single engine option. :Frustrati

Ford needs to market more on the affordability of their cars, driving dynamics by organizing specific track or off road events and their dirt cheap service costs(almost the same cost of maintaining my 200NS for a year) / parts. If that's taken care of, things will get better for Ford.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad4bhp (Post 4580803)

Biggest problem with Ford is that, they don't have a successful entry level car, which will help bring in the numbers when they decide to upgrade. People who are happy with their first car will probably go for the same when upgrading, unless there is a strong USP like Innova or similar cars that are almost a brand of their own.

Tiago has been a success for Tata thanks to its Class leading build quality, equipment and premium feel, Ford could have done the same with Figo IMO.

Don't label me mad as I own a WR-V, love ecosport a lot for what it offers as a package & yet voted for Nexon lol:

Can't comment on XUV300 as not yet driven it & Brezza is overall a downer except that I appreciate its boxy design.

Not to suggest that WR-V is a bad product - have driven close to 9000 kms in 8 months, including a longish drive of 3000 km in 8 days & trust me its a complete all rounder.

I would've taken the Nexon but a best friend who is always a companion on all drives & holidays took one on my suggestion couple of months before I intended to suddenly take the plunge in car market again.

So Nexon was ruled out for me as we take each others car for spin whenever we want, its like co-ownership , to an extent we also have 1 set of our car keys with each other.

From all other options, my heart was set on Ecosport but that lack of rear seat space was a huge put off & add that horrible looking speedo console with dot matrix fonts on the revised models (no offence to owners).

Was strictly looking at CSUV's only; Went for WR-V for excellent space management, Sunroof (A gift for daughter aged 7) & capable diesel mill( I can live with that tractoristic refinement, Audio volume helps clap:)

Of all, Nexon is clearly way ahead as a package & what a VFM product by our own TATA & hence voted for it.

Voted for the Nexon both here and my wallet.

An year I did extensive search and froze on the Nexon despite its loud styling.

Brezza is the best proportioned, however the interior is just really bland. Also it is super cramped at the rear with 3 passengers. And its AMT engine combo is horrible to say the least.

WRV, looks like a grown jazz. Though the space is brilliant, it is too soft and unengaging for my taste.

EcoSport was not considered for its rough ride..

XUV 300 looks nice but a CSUV cannot do with a boot that is bettered by hatches costing half as much.

Chose Nexon for its diesel engine AMT combo, brilliant interiors, ICE, and chose to go with the ornate grey dual tone as it does not have that flashy white strip going around it. The grey looks much sober in my opinion..

Voted for 'others'. I would pick Hyundai Venue for one major reason that is tight parking in my basement. It has a decent diesel engine, Hyundai's hassle-free ASS.

Things I would have really wanted are the ventilated seats which are a boon in hot summer days, a little more power output and higher state of torque.

I would consider buying the 1ltr TC engine with DCT but the lower torque output and the 3 cylinder which would run out of breath easily are the things that would make me choose a diesel.

With the Hyundai Venue now on the roads + a strong start with its bookings, it would be nice to add the Venue to this poll (or start a new poll) and see if & how the results change.

Hi fellow BHPians, looking for your help in selecting the best Automatic as my future ride.

I am in the market for a Diesel Automatic and have been waiting and researching on all the new launches in the Automatic Crossover Space for the past year.

My Requirements : Planning to buy a fun to drive car for daily city driving of 30kms and weekend fun long drives with a budget of around 15l OTR in Hyderabad.

Past year these are the Vehicles that I have shortlisted:

Brezza AMT : Good Value for money, great FE, Maruti convenience. Hate the NVH levels and the seating comfort. The AMT gearbox could have been better sorted. Not that fun to Drive IMHO.

XUV 300 AMT : Love the vehicle with all its features. Could have had better centre console but great looking interiors and comfort. Major drawback is its pricing of 15.4l OTR in Hyderabad, that too for an AMT. If it was within 14l would have booked it immediately, though with a heavy heart due to the uncertainty of the gearbox from Mahindra based on the TUV 300 gearbox reviews.

Hyundai Venue DCT : Was waiting for a Diesel AT but Hyundai disappointed again by holding back. Very good VFM product for the Indian mass market and no surprise that it will beat the the Brezza in number game due to its aggressive pricing and feature set. Hated the raised hatchback treatment at the rear and negligible middle seat space in the back row. The DCT was fun to drive though and hence the mention in this list.

Pre-worshipped Creta SX+ AT 2017 with 30K : This had been on mind for some time but had put it on the back-burner as was expecting better alternatives below 15L.Like the AT and the comfort but runs short on the creature comforts in the older model on sale in used market. Also, don’t feel that confident with the ride quality as it does not feel planted and steering feedback is OK. One more reason being the depreciation post the BS6 norms and its effect on resale

Pre-worshipped Skoda Rapid : Felt that this is the most fun to drive AT in the market and can’t dwell enough on the great suspension and comfort. Major red flag being the ASS and high cost of maintenance and then very low resale Value.

Have ruled out the Harrier, MG and Seltos as they are currently out of the Budget. Had high hopes on TATA delivering on a VFM Diesel AT but looks like it would be priced much higher.

My major points would be comfort and Resale Value after 3 years due to the new BS6 norms kicking in. Would have ideally waited for them but with my daily driver Swift ZXI in the garage need to buy an alternative immediately.

Request fellow experts to weigh in on the options and help me on deciding...!!!please:

Why didn't you check out Nexon diesel AMT? It is Well within your budget and probably fits all your requirements here.

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick_V (Post 4626470)
Hi fellow BHPians, looking for your help in selecting the best Automatic as my future ride.

Have ruled out the Harrier, MG and Seltos as they are currently out of the Budget.

Hi Maverick, If you look closely at the anticipated Seltos variants, the Diesel AT is offered in the mid and top trims of the HT line.

From initial reports from the home country, the car rides and handles well, and the torquey Diesel AT should be fun to drive as well.

Kia has been sending subtle hints through dealers that the reveal will surprise prospective buyers. Given that they are talking of introductory prices, there is a decent chance the mid trim AT may end up in the 12-13 Lakh ex-showroom range, in which case the landing price would be in the order of 15-16 lakh.

Watch out for the detailed reviews and the official launch before you make a decision.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DPetrolHead (Post 4626567)
Why didn't you check out Nexon diesel AMT?

A brilliant choice and fantastic VFM too, given the many positive experiences and reviews. The only thing essential I see missing is Cruise Control. Use it way too often to ignore it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick_V (Post 4626470)
Hi
Request fellow experts to weigh in on the options and help me on deciding...!!!please:

Other options to consider:
1. Renault Duster AMT
2. TATA Nexon AMT
3. Pre owned Tata Hexa XTA or XMA

I am actually looking forward to it but IMHO the Seltos is expected to sit above Creta and compete wiith Harrier and Hector.So,not keeping my expectations high.

It will definitely top of the list if Seltos AT undercuts Creta and will be avaiabe in 12-13 L Price range

Quote:

Originally Posted by DPetrolHead (Post 4626567)
Why didn't you check out Nexon diesel AMT? It is Well within your budget and probably fits all your requirements here.

Cheers!

Had intially considered it too.
Have extensively Driven the Nexon AMT and did a long drive of about 800Kms.It does tick all the right boxes but ends up in mediocrity in my personal opinion.Also Im not really a fan of its design.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambydude (Post 4626578)
Other options to consider:
1. Renault Duster AMT
2. TATA Nexon AMT
3. Pre owned Tata Hexa XTA or XMA

1. Had also tried out the Duster.Loved its handling of Indian potholes and is still under consideration for a pre owned.Was against it due to its low quality interior and basic feature set along with the AMT gearshift nod .It would be on the top of the list for my adventerous weekend long drives.
Was waiting for this to be updated like the Dacia but we ended up getting a cosmetic nose job.:Frustrati

3. Hexa was ruled it out as it is a seven seater and would not be suitable my for daily city driving.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roby_dk (Post 4580626)
Don't want to spoil your party, but would love to see if one is able to associate safety as a feature with Maruti cars. :Frustrati

Brezza has 4-star NCAP rating(as someone has mentioned), which is on par with most of the cars sold today. Adding to this all the safety kits are standard across the variants too. Brezza, S-cross and Celerio are all based on platforms much better than what Swift and other cars get.