Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which compact SUV would you pick?
Mahindra XUV300 139 22.86%
Maruti Vitara Brezza 20 3.29%
Tata Nexon 186 30.59%
Ford EcoSport 227 37.34%
Honda WR-V 8 1.32%
Other (please specify in your post) 28 4.61%
Voters: 608. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2019, 12:34   #31
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 vs the competition

Just wondering why Nissan Kicks and S-cross are not part of the competition/poll.
Old 24th April 2019, 12:39   #32
BHPian

Voted Other - as my personal favorite is missing the TUV300.
Reasoning - Went through the entire process less than 8 months ago. Saw the spy shots of the XUV300, and was clearly advised by the Sales Person that it would be a clear 5 seater, competing flatly with the Brezza. Doubtful of the interior space and left it out.

Ecosport - Rejected for the utter lack of space (coming from a former Ford Owner). Also, the overall maintenance is a bit on the higher side.

Brezza - Too plain jane interiors. No fun, and the engine is the same across all Maruti's - no fun to drive.

Nexon - Too cramped (mysteriously), and also, the constant missing/changing features (not sure what I will get at the end). Also, the service interval is too small.

WRV - Felt like a Jazz on stilts (No offense to owners). Also, not sure if the BRV could take my beating.
Old 24th April 2019, 12:51   #33
BHPian

Hi

Voted 'Others' - Expecting Hyundai Venue to uproot many competition brands soon.

The best option among the ones here - Ford Ecosport. Great Engine and Great ride quality. Only thing I am wary of is the alliance with Mahindra and its effect on the long term ownership of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Just wondering why Nissan Kicks and S-cross are not part of the competition/poll.
They are above 4m in length and hence not considered in this set.
Kicks is actually very long >4.3m

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th April 2019 at 15:07. Reason: back to back posts merged.
Old 24th April 2019, 13:25   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
Clearly the poll result seems to be at odds with the market trends. Brezza is the runaway leader in sales & here it's barely garnering any votes.
Isn't this true for every poll on team-bhp? The choices here never reflect the market in true sense.

The simple reason being, people vote from their heart and spend from their mind!
tarik.arora is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 13:40   #35
BHPian

Barring the Brezza, the poll actually reflects the other CSUV. Ecosport has been doing decently well for last 4-5 years Nexon is currently #2 and XUV 300 has started off well.

Sales number of WRV actually reflects the poll opinion as well.
aniyo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 14:06   #36
BHPian

Depends on budget I guess as we have here a range from 7 - 13 Lakhs.

Low budget ~ 8L: let us say a person has a max budget of 8 Lakhs and he needs a diesel CSUV. He has only two choices, Nexon or Brezza. No wonder why Brezza sells in contrast to our voting pattern.

Medium budget ~10L: Ecosport and Nexon. Decent equipment, good bang for the buck. You even get AT.

High budget ~12L: The choices are plenty, top end Ecosport, KUV300, Nexon or even lower/mid variants from a segment above such as Creta.

Despite I own a Brezza, I voted for Nexon because it is a balanced offer, you have competent choices for different budget customers, good specs and most importantly good quality interiors, best in class I would say. 5 star rating is icing on the cake. Imagine a 8 Lakh budget buyer gets a 5 star safe car.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 24th April 2019 at 14:08.
Thermodynamics is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 14:44   #37
BHPian

Voted for Nexon as i have recently booked one after going through a lot of things.

Nexon: a VFM car with decent interiors and having a tag of safest car in the market right now. Ride is little bumpy at low speed but can live with that.
Ecosport: a perfect car but too old in design IMO, I personally dont like the spare on the back. The space is also a concern.
Breeza: Worthy for people looking for mileage. 1.3 L engine is no match in the segment.
XUV 300: Having owned a XUV 500 i know the niggles and interior quality of Mahindra. Its an expensive buy and those silver finishes with orange backlit is outright ugly IMO.
WRV: is that an SUV by any means ?
Old 24th April 2019, 15:29   #38

If the car is going to be my only car then I'd rather buy the Creta by paying little more.
But the XUV 300 is a really good contender for a second car, lack of adequate boot space and no auto variant are not acceptable to 1 car families.

IMO People looking to spend less than 10 lakhs should buy the brezza. Nexon although good buy I still don't trust TATA in long run.

Ecosport -I don't like the styling and the hatch opening process is very impractical to me.

WRV doesn't even make sense now may massive discounts will make the deal more enticing.
Old 24th April 2019, 18:19   #39

Voted for Nexon.

Reason-
Appreciate the effort put in by Indian manufacturer to bring a production version very close to the concept version & it shows. The design, features, safety, presence, price, AMT option all go for it.

XUV 300 - Latest kid on the block (Looks are similar to Brezza & are very plain).
Nice equipment but then you pay a lot more.

Brezza - Another hit from Maruti but I personally did'nt like the box design. Build quality does'nt feel upto the mark.

Ecosport - Looks not very smart to me (subjective), and I don't like the tailgate opening style.

WRV - I did'nt find anything "Wow" in it. It is reliable like any other Honda car but pricey and confuses at first instance - looks like a tiny Mini-SUV.

Hyundai Venue is latest one in the segment - Looking forward to a TD once it is launched.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamitMukherjee View Post
Had Ford India stayed back full fledged, would have surely voted for Ecosport.
Instead, voted for Nexon. Love this car. The only drawback for Nexon is Tata's aftersales service, which is a hit or miss. But given their recent launches of world class cars, I am sure Tata will work on this area.
Mahindra XUV300- Great car for enthusiasts but overpriced. I would rather push my range and go for 1.6L Creta.
Vitara Brezza- A perfect looking SUV. Just hope, Maruti works on its build quality and brings in the 1.5L diesel from Ciaz.

I wonder, why Hyundai Venue was not included. I understand the car is not yet launched, but it has got potential.
TaMo's After Sales is improving, I recently visited a newly opened service station in Delhi & they were very professional. I also own a Hyundai but did'nt find any comparison with Tata's service this time. Hope they maintain & even improve this standard.

Hyundai Venue is yet to be launched but yes looks promising and has potential to disrupt this segment.
Old 24th April 2019, 19:07   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Wow, customers are really spoilt for choice today, aren't they? My pick for the diesel would be the EcoSport. Fantastic engine, the best road manners, most fun to drive and the best built overall. Second choice would be the XUV300. Among the petrols, it would be a tie between the XUV300 & EcoSport 1.5L Dragon (not EcoBoost). Second place among the petrols would the Nexon.
Hey there, we’re close to booking the Ecosport Titanium Petrol MT. Really confused with the color choices. I only really love 2 colors- the Absolute Black and the Moonlight Silver; with Lightning Blue and Diamond White as a close third option. Don’t want loud colors like the Race Red and Canyon Ridge. Smoke Grey looks too sober imo. My question- considering the fact that this is India, would a black colored car survive outside? Also, the black interiors of the car make it a bit claustrophobic. We might have to consider other color choices. The car would mostly be used in Kolkata for an indefinite time and/or Bangalore. Thanks in advance. And lastly, is it worth getting the spare wheel cover? Don’t want the tire to get damaged.

Last edited by Nostalgic3r : 24th April 2019 at 19:18.
Old 24th April 2019, 19:21   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivrajG View Post
Voted for Nexon as i have recently booked one after going through a lot of things.

Nexon: a VFM car with decent interiors and having a tag of safest car in the market right now. Ride is little bumpy at low speed but can live with that.
WRV: is that an SUV by any means ?
The Nexon is indeed an excellent vehicle combining a sturdy construction and the modern gadgetry.
Funny thing is that people would call the Brezza and WRV as SUVs but would call the hefty Hexa an MUV.
The bias in the media and amongst some people against the homegrown auto manufacturers is very noticeable to the discerning eye. While Hyundai and Suzuki have been very good at suppressing information about which platforms their new cars and SUVs are based on, the media is always tipped off in advance about other manufacturers...the low Hexa sales can easily be attributed to the repeated references to the Aria platform.
It would be good to hear about which platforms the mini and medium SUVs of each manufacturer are based !
fiestarry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 20:24   #42
BANNED

The league of extraordinary Swollen Hatchbacks

All the vehicles in the poll are just Pseudo-SUVs. NO AWD/4WD option. My vote goes to Renault Duster AWD, atleast some functionality is there to do the justice to SUV label.

Last edited by The King : 24th April 2019 at 20:34. Reason: The league of extraordinary Swollen Hatchbacks
The King is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 20:51   #43
BHPian

Can someone throw some light on why these are called compact SUVs? Compact, I agree. But SUV? When hatchbacks get jacked-up , they become SUVs? I see them as CJCs - compact jacked up cars. When a 4-meter 4x4 Jeep Renegade gets in this list I’d see a connect with compact and SUV. Just my thoughts. All these are good cars (except Brezza), in my opinion. 😬
gigatech2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 20:56   #44
BHPian

Voted for the EcoSport

For me, the EcoSport is the most complete package out here. Very good engines, solid build quality, more than enough features and good looks. There's also many variants here so it suits various people. I agree it is a bit old now and not as spacious(I found it adequately spacious)but according to me, that can be compromised for how brilliant the overall package is.

The only thing that worries me here is the frequent jiggling of features which makes me really nervous and is the only reason I'm hesitant to go for it as our next car.

My next choice would no doubt be the Tata Nexon. It's extremely VFM, it looks amazing, brilliant interiors and the 5 star safety rating is the cherry on the cake.

As for the XUV3OO, I'd be vary of buying any Mahindra within 2 years of its launch. It's just too many niggles. The extra electronics in this one just add to the fears of unreliability. Also, the side profile looks a bit funny to me and I wonder about how even M&M designers could digest it.

Cheers!
Old 24th April 2019, 21:51   #45
BHPian

Voted for the Ecosport. The kit on offer along with the safety and the proven diesel engine is just too much to ignore.

I was also in the quandary of choosing amongst the sub 4m SUVs and details for the same can be found here:- https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4560353 (Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review)

Though, I was considering Nexon too, its steering size and feel fell short of my expectations. As per me, first choice is the Ecosport, second being Nexon and third being the XUV 300. Others just don't cut it for me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks