Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2019, 10:51   #16

Re: Which pre-owned 4x4 should I buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
More on the seating, the front seats can be reclined to sit completely flush with the rear seats thereby transforming the Pajero seats into a proper double bed that is completely flat.
Do you have any picture of this? Or anywhere on the net. I tried to search on the web, but could not find one. I am looking for a second hand 4x4 vehicle and this can be a very +ve value add.
Old 27th May 2019, 11:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Road dynamics are better along with accelerations.
Second row space for three adults is manageable.
That was actually my choice instead of the Scorpio, unfortunately I couldn't find a clean model for sale just then. Now I've sort of grown to love the Scorpio though it isn't a true 7 seater with those tiny jump seats at the back.
Old 27th May 2019, 11:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kams7ue View Post
Do you have any picture of this? Or anywhere on the net. I tried to search on the web, but could not find one. I am looking for a second hand 4x4 vehicle and this can be a very +ve value add.
This is possible in the 3L Fortuner as well.
Quite similar to what khan has done here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...seats_down.jpg

Which pre-owned 4x4 should I buy?-prado_all_seats_down.jpg

Which pre-owned 4x4 should I buy?-prado_seats_folded1.jpg

Last edited by benbsb29 : 29th May 2019 at 05:40. Reason: Added pics in-line.
starter is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 11:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can try in my Pajero SFX and let you know.
Old 27th May 2019, 12:03   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
This is possible in the 3L Fortuner as well.
Quite similar to what khan has done here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...seats_down.jpg
That looks great. Is it sleepable for the night?
Thank you for the pics
Old 27th May 2019, 13:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That looks great. Is it sleepable for the night?
Thank you for the pics
I did use it for a short nap of an hour to 90 minutes on my way to Bhutan. Not sure if you can use it for an entire night.
The problem however would be the dip/gap where the back rest meets the seat on the second row.
You would have to make that dip/gap more gradual using an appropriate pillow. If you are able to address that, you should be able to manage.
Cheers,
Deepak
starter is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 21:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is the procedure from the owners manual. I will try to get you an actual picture as well.

Which pre-owned 4x4 should I buy?-1558972132760.jpg

Which pre-owned 4x4 should I buy?-1558972141565.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 30th May 2019 at 20:59. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
Old 28th May 2019, 07:06   #23

Quote:
Road dynamics are better along with accelerations.

Second row space for three adults is manageable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
That was actually my choice instead of the Scorpio, unfortunately I couldn't find a clean model for sale just then. Now I've sort of grown to love the Scorpio though it isn't a true 7 seater with those tiny jump seats at the back.
Thanks for clearing the air! May be one of the Pajero Sport I test drove must have had a goofed up setup.
I'll try and test drive some more vehicles.

Last edited by aah78 : 30th May 2019 at 20:59. Reason: Spacing fixed.
Old 28th May 2019, 15:05   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is the procedure from the owners manual. I will try to get you an actual picture as well.
Hi, do you have Pajero SFX owners manual by any chance?
Old 28th May 2019, 15:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiraj View Post
I'll try and test drive some more vehicles.
Yogi - based on my reading of your requirements and budget (17-18 lac), I would recommend that you go with the following:

a) Pre-owned Pajero Sport : I am recommending this over Pajero SFX (I own one, BTW) is because of your need to seat 3 adults comfortably in the middle-row as well as for the fact that it is a much more contemporary vehicle compared to the SFX, which is a design 3-decades old (which I love ). While the SFX was built ground-up to go off-road, the Sport is an amazing handler on highways coupled with decent off-road capabilities! It will serve you as a good family tourer. Parts might be a little difficult to come by but tie up with a good FNG and you should be all set. You can get good 2013-14 models in the range of 13-14 lac since Mitsubishi does not command good resale in our market. At this price point, a well maintained example will be amazing VFM!

AND

b) Pre-owned Gypsy or Thar : This will satiate your need for a hard-core off-roader which you can modify to your heart's content and take it to the Raid if you want to! Can be your daily drive as well, barring the need for a/c and p/s in a Gypsy. Either of these can be had within a budget of 5 lac. BTW, I own a Gypsy and it is my daily drive

All of the above options have a low-range gearbox too.

This recommendation is based on my assumption that you are good with 2 vehicles as well. If you would still try and make do with one for all your needs, then the Pajero Sport is a good all-rounder.

All the best!

Last edited by cool_dube : 28th May 2019 at 16:17.
Old 28th May 2019, 15:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, do you have Pajero SFX owners manual by any chance?
Yes ofcourse I have the owner manual. Do you need it?
Old 28th May 2019, 16:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes ofcourse I have the owner manual. Do you need it?
If you have soft copy, can you please share it?
Old 28th May 2019, 19:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you have soft copy, can you please share it?
I scanned the owner manual for a friend last year. Here is the link from where you can download. The quality is average but readable.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tn3jv930yf...anual.pdf?dl=0
Traveler is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 12:33   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Yogi - based on my reading of your requirements and budget (17-18 lac), I would recommend that you go with the following:
Thanks cool_dube!
You ask for one, and you get two!
Jokes apart, as few other members have already confirmed, I will be test riding few more Pajero Sport in near future. Any Pajero Sport owner in Pune willing to help in evaluating a couple of Pajero Sport available in Pune?

On GV front, I have been able to locate one 2012 2.4 MT with 60k on the Odo (manipulated, most probably by dealer, I have seen the service record and it must have been around 140k). This is a Company owned vehicle. No accident repairs are carried out at least in ASS.
I have a few questions
1. Is it worth the hassle at 140k odo reading?
2. What should be fair price?
3. The service history shows all the periodic repairs carried out timely with only two major repairs, Clutch replacement at 80k and Front Suspension Arm and Ball joint replacement at 120k km. Do these repairs look out of place?
4. I see T/M oil being changed 4 times, 25k, 40k, 60k and 80k km intervals. And after 80k, there has been no T/M Oil change. Is this normal?
5. Last Service Recommendations are "POWER STEERING OIL LEAKAGE ,POWER STEERING NEED CHANGE". Any idea if this is complete assembly or only power steering pump?

Thanks,

Yogi.

Last edited by aah78 : 30th May 2019 at 21:00. Reason: Please quote only relevant portions of posts. Thanks!
Old 30th May 2019, 10:25   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiraj View Post

On GV front, I have been able to locate one 2012 2.4 MT with 60k on the Odo (manipulated, most probably by dealer, I have seen the service record and it must have been around 140k). This is a Company owned vehicle. No accident repairs are carried out at least in ASS.
I have a few questions
140K kms means a lot of things like Engine belt, plugs, various hoses and possibly ac require overhaul. Water pump seals leakage is also possible.
Clutch and lower arm repairs are par for the course. Skipping Transmission oil change will not kill the transmission, but check for noise and vibrations.
Power steering oil leakage is a known issue with the vehicle. It usually leaks from the seal where steering column rod enters the rack assly.

"The WhiteKnight" & "SanjuSahu" have a MT 2L. Reach out to them if you want any opinions on the MT box.

I have a 2L AT. I am extremely happy with it. But I am seeing repair costs creeping up as it ages. But then I do tend to take my vehicle on extremely bad roads. And I cannot see potholes or speed breakers.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 30th May 2019 at 10:37. Reason: Trimmed quoted post, as the post mentioned is just above. :)
sridhar-v is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks