Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2007, 11:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Check Innova G1 Diesel Limited edition, its a great buy, Simpson red looks interesting. If you don't like Innova then plan to go for Scorpio or Safari!

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 3rd February 2007, 22:39   #17
BHPian

TD'd the Verna and the Innova today.

Verna : Handling is amazing and the power generated is pretty awesome. I thought there was a slight loss of control when accelerating ..but otherwise really reminded me of the Mid/Full size cars in the US in terms of Handling as well as the solidity of construction. the heavy door was pretty reassuring (Totally opposite of the NHC)

The seats although comfortable..seems to have something missing for lower back support ?? anyone else feel the same ?

All in all a great car..but at a slightly high OTR price (Currently around 8.72) with thicker rubbers and a good ICE will nudge ahead of 9L..not sure if it is VFM on comparison with the Scorpio though ! and hyundai appears to be giving No discounts !

Innova: Was very very surprised with the handling. good pick up, excellent brakes and good comforatble ride.
never got the feeling that I was driving such a big car. In fact if I ever get used to the Idea of a Driver Driven car..this might be the option..the second row comfort is perhaps the main USP.

But..it is too big for me !!!I belive it is the Ideal vehicle for joint families with 5+ members (Better than the Scorpio) ..in fact I would have still preferred it on US roads but not here in bangalore. Also Wife, athough she has revised he initial opinion, is still not its fan.

Thaks a lot to Ravibhat and akshay1234 for changing my opinion...it was a good lesson on how exterior looks can be deceptive.

So it must in most probability be the Scorpio for me (Still not 100% sure)..I anyway have my old trusty martiz as a second car to venture out into the crowded city.

Folks, thanks a lot for your help/Opinion.. will update on this once I have my final purchase
Old 4th February 2007, 00:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
in fact I would have still preferred it on US roads but not here in bangalore
The innova is quite deceptive to drive and many a driver would toe this line.Though very car like to drive it is not a car[something that we tend to overlook while driving],Overtaking manoeuvres can get too tight for comfort[this includes the guy you are trying to overtake].City driving just is not in the qualis league[turning radius,overtaking,ease of parking].I prefer driving the qualis to the innova in the city,especially one like bangalore.

Its the highways where the innova is in a different league.Cities its best to be a backseat driver in the Innova.

As for your choice read my earlier post.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 4th February 2007 at 00:30.
Old 4th February 2007, 12:51   #19
Team-BHP Support

your welcome.. good to see that you liked it even though it dosent suit your purpose.
Old 5th February 2007, 12:04   #20
Team-BHP Support

@sharpshooter : Looks like mentally u do want to go in for the Scorp.
It does satisfy ur requirements, and is a good buy.

Between, what are the options that the SLX provides over the DX ?
Old 5th February 2007, 12:32   #21
BHPian

Well my take was that the value provided in the SLX is not worth the price

viz
1. MP3 player + Speakers (Tinny and not able to fill the space)
2. Body coloured Bumpers (I think the unpainted looks more rugged and ealsly maintainable)
3. Follow me home lights ( Uhh... ??)
4. internal theater lighting- this one is pretty nice
5. Arm rests.. again pretty nice
6. Intelligent front vipers.. (I dod not understand that)
7. Voice help (Very very creepy)
8. Fog lamp- additional attachment for 1.5k
9. tiltable steering. Another nice feature

some more which i dont remember..again not worth the 70K price difference IMHO

regarding your comment in the Scorpio..I was actually very very keen on the Verna..except that the OTR cost is a bit overpriced in bangalore vis a vis the competition
Old 23rd January 2009, 23:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

There is a comaprison between Verna and Scorp/Innova, and how come no one mentioned that Verna can leave Scorp and Innova in the dust by a loooooooong mile. Acceleration or top speed, Scorp and Innova are simply no match for Verna.
Old 24th January 2009, 10:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

@ sagar: you actually replied to a post dated february 2007, 2 years old!
Old 26th January 2009, 17:25   #24
BHPian

Amused to see this thread coming back.its been 2 years and have not regretted my decision for a moment. I love the Scorpio and the only model i can think of upgrading to is the Toyota Fortuner !

the Pickup is still good. seems tp have unlimited power. only the day before did a 800KMs trip to Coimbatore and back !
Old 6th March 2009, 00:10   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh@rpshooter View Post
Amused to see this thread coming back.its been 2 years and have not regretted my decision for a moment. I love the Scorpio and the only model i can think of upgrading to is the Toyota Fortuner !
Tell me about it. My Scorpio is going to turn 5 in a couple of months, and we have been contemplating a replacement and there is simply nothing that can fit the bill just as well.

manson.
Old 6th March 2009, 07:06   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Tell me about it. My Scorpio is going to turn 5 in a couple of months, and we have been contemplating a replacement and there is simply nothing that can fit the bill just as well.

manson.
thats the sole reason we bought a non-crde scorpio in 2003, replaced it with a crde one in 2006 and replaced the Crde with the mHawk in 2008!

now replace does not mean we sold the first 2 scorps, its still with us & still running fine without any problems whatsoever!

in some other thread, Mr. suman commented that i am a huge scorpio fanatic & the innova & safari are there in my family just for namesake. well, this is the reason... no other car has given me or my dad such assurance as the scorpio that we may think to buy the same car thrice! is mahindra launching a new scorpio in 2010?!!!
Old 6th March 2009, 07:45   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
SH@rpshooter : You dont like the innova's form factor, i'd still suggest you to test drive one. I'm sure it will change your mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i second that..
I third that! Remember, you ought to concern yourself with the insides, rather than the exterior! After all, you will always be inside the car!
Old 7th March 2009, 18:40   #28
Senior - BHPian

On a one-to-one basis you can't be comparing a sedan with a SUV/MPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
There is a comaprison between Verna and Scorp/Innova, and how come no one mentioned that Verna can leave Scorp and Innova in the dust by a loooooooong mile. Acceleration or top speed, Scorp and Innova are simply no match for Verna.

Last edited by gd1418 : 7th March 2009 at 18:42.

Most Viewed