Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 4th November 2019, 17:15   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Advice on buying a Toyota Land Cruiser 100-Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiram7912 View Post

I know for 20 to 30 lakhs i will be spending on purchasing and modifying this, i can get a Fortuner or Endeavour. But one major issue i have is i am 6'6 tall and its very difficult to get comfortable in either of them. In the new Fortuner, the steering wheel is placed too low even at the highest setting, while in the new Endeavour, my knee is hitting the dashboard. The land cruiser has it disadvantages, like huge size and poor mileage, but i am putting my comfort before that. Provided i get a well taken care of Land Cruiser, i know it will last my lifetime. So i am willing to take a chance on it.

Toyota LC is a wonderful vehicle but you can have problems in the future. In the price you have mentioned, you can add some more and buy a Fortuner or Endeavour.

Coming back to the Endeavour, I think you have taken a test drive of the Titanium model with sunroof. Because of the sunroof you have to sit lower down. I am almost 6'1 and have the habbit of sitting upright like in a Scorpio. Because of the sunroof the seat height is reduced and I have to sit at an angle. But this is only in the Titanium models. When Endeavour was launched, there was a Trend model without sunroof. And because of this the seating space was more, vertically. I know that there is a big difference between 6'6 and 6'1 but a Trend Endeavour may solve your problem. You will have to look out for a used 3.2Litre Trend.

New Endeavour or new Fortuner will give you hassle free 5 years at least.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 4th November 2019 at 17:17.
ruzbehxyz is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 17:39   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
New Endeavour or new Fortuner will give you hassle free 5 years at least.
Yes i am hoping the VCross will serve me the same.
abhiram7912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 16:17   #33
BHPian

Hi all, Iím looking to buy a 1998 Landcruiser 100 series. Itís MP registered and has fitness until this year end. However I need to transfer it to my home state TN. Can anyone confirm how much road tax will I have to pay? It was first registered in MP in 2006 and the tax amount paid was around 56000. Bill of entry mentions invoice value as 3.35L. Need your advice regarding this.

Most Viewed