Mod Note: Post edited. Please DO NOT post replies inline in BOLD, use Quote instead.
Originally Posted by locusjag
I've heard other members opine that the Scorpio ...........................but I just thought I could perhaps get your take on the topic.
Originally Posted by hserus
The FE will certainly reduce but a little care and ..........................................ds? About the same size and form factor as the Pajero, and more up to date.
The scorpio never appealed to me in any of its forms old gen , new gen, face lift etc. so never considered it.
Originally Posted by dhanushs
Well, if you are looking to replace your primary car with the Pajero - Dont.
[*]Parts availability, though easy is not over the counter like needed for a primary car.
Does this hold true for all spares?
Consumables? bushes? etc
[*]FE is bad considering a primary car. Expect 6-8 in City and 7-9 in highways.
I am reading contrasting views on FE. I guess it all comes down to driving styles. My Elantra offers around 9 in the city if i drive with a light foot, Highway is marginally better. And I am okay with this.
[*]The worst and probably the best part is the engine. If you've driven a .......................... pretty fast and stay there. The stock Pajero is a slouch and will take ages to reach 100.
My driving style is sedate, I don't like to rip so this may work for me.
[*]All Pajeros now available would be atleast 6 years old.........................ear-old premium car as a primary car. |
[*]Not all workshops repair the Pajero, make sure you have one nearby or else they'll mess with your car and pocket.
My worries in order listed below.
- Getting a good car
- Easy availability of spares, atleast the ones which are regularly changed as per schedule.
- Technical expertise required to service and resolve issues in mumbai. Came across threads where bhpians have spent a good amount of their hard earned money because the diagnosis of the problem by the mech was quite inaccurate.
That said, Am I happy with my Pajero? Hell YES!
Why did you have to throw this googly at me after listing all the cons!!
With the current prices, the vehicle is an absolute value for money. You can get .......probably the best in: |
- Road Handling. Slot it into 4H and you can eat up the ghats with a 3-ton mammoth. Will leave peoples jaw hanging.
- Comfort, especially Middle seat.
- Superb offroad capability. With a good bumper design, it can do probably everything a Thar can.
- Again, extremely comfortable and agile while offroading.
- Very reliable vehicle.
- Absolutely awesome seating position all around. Great visibility and ergonomics. Not truck-like, but definitely not car-like. Can command the road as a king.
- Great low end. Along with great visibility, makes it driving in town so much fun.
- Scope for unlimited modifications. All major offroad parts suppliers have bolt-on suspension, camping and mechanical mods.
Well now - The choice is yours.
Thanks for the reassurance, Points no 3 and 8 wont be seeing much light as i dont plan on specifically offroading the vehicle and will mostly keep it bone stock.
That's a Beauty. Looks fabulous!!
Originally Posted by cool_dube
Thanks for link will go through it
OK, so I did TD the 54k pajero. Left work early and headed straight to the dealers'
It was 6pm in the evening and rush hour mumbai traffic is unforgiving.
Did not get to drive it for longer distance either as traffic conditions would have been the same.
My observations are
1) Car has been repainted.
2) Clutch is making khi-khi noise when pressed and released
3) ABS shows a malfunction
4) Seats are covered so could not check the original covers, Seat covers do need replacement.
5) Could not check the floor boards either as it was carpeted in rexin/leather and it was getting dark.
6)Tyres look recently changed to Yokos AT, have a good amount of thread left
7)Car was being driven in 4WD when it was brought to for a TD :facepalm:
Asked the dealer genuineness of the 54k done and he was extremely confident that odo has not been tampered with at all and its all genuine. Dealer even offered to have the car taken to the ASC to check for the service records along with me.
Will sort out my work schedule and do that as well.
Two important questions I have missed out on asking in the forum.
1)Me Being a 6 footer how is the leg room- knee room for the driver?
While taking the TD I found it rather cramped.
I shifted the seat behind to the point it would not go behind any further.
2) can some one explain the operation or point out any video on the operation of the SS 4X4.
The car was bought out for a TD ON 4H.
I did shift the lever in 2H while i started my TD but the 4X4 console lights
showed the front wheels blinking?
Is this normal?
Originally Posted by whitemm550
1.My 2008 Pajero, done about 11000 kms has been consistently giving me 8.75 to 9.5 in mix cycle driving.
4. only downside i see, is that you get a feeling of sitting HIGH up, not to many peoples liking
11000kms in 11 years
Are your sure that's not a typo? Missing one more zero?
I like the feeling of sitting high up, this will work for me.