Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2020, 17:46   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Compass Petrol AT vs Diesel vs Hyundai Tuscon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom77 View Post
Definitely, didnt know about it. Let me take a look and do a test drive as well. If its not a popular vehicle, how about service, spare parts, warranty etc? Where is this vehicle manufactured? Any chance of being discontinued in India? Just some thoughts based on parameters used for selecting other cars.
Outlanders are fully imported as CBU from Japan. Technically I think it is still on sale. I am sure they will provide regular service and the service spares like oil filters may not be an issue at all. For some other spares, one may have to plan and order with them (that is the case in any CBU, but in this case it may be more so)
Old 9th September 2020, 18:01   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Outlanders are fully imported as CBU from Japan. Technically I think it is still on sale. I am sure they will provide regular service and the service spares like oil filters may not be an issue at all. For some other spares, one may have to plan and order with them (that is the case in any CBU, but in this case it may be more so)
Owner reviews seem to be very bad. People are not able to procure even a ORVM from Bengaluru dealer. Car is a very good one and reliable. Company doesn't seems to have plans for customer support though.
Old 9th September 2020, 18:14   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom77 View Post
Owner reviews seem to be very bad. People are not able to procure even a ORVM from Bengaluru dealer. Car is a very good one and reliable. Company doesn't seems to have plans for customer support though.
Well, procuring something like an ORVM is going to be an issue with any CBU. They will only keep common service/wear and tear parts like oil filters or brake pads.
If a trouble free service is a priority, this is not a car to look at. But for someone like me, who has lived with a Chevy Forester (which has been discontinued for 15 years and even the company doesn't have a presence here), a new Mitsubishi car even with 'not so great service' is not a big issue (if the car itself is great)
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 22:59   #154
BHPian

Need an SUV/Crossover under 18lacs on road.

Hello bhpians.
This thread is all about my confusion between cars of different segment and gearbox options.

Cars in the garage: Ciaz VDI+ SHVS, BALENO ALPHA 1.3, 2019ECOSPORT TITANIUM DIESEL.

Ciaz is the car which might be sold and replaced by any of the car I've mentioned in this list provided the resale value I get should be satisfactory.
Our Ciaz was bought in March 2016 and has just done 42K kms due to usage of other cars in the garage. Baleno is used by grandfather and Ecosport is used by me. Now dad as always replaces his cars once it becomes 5 years old. Having had all diesel cars at home this time we want a petrol car as it will be more suitable for our requirements provided it atleast provides double digit mileage under sedate driving.
Financially it makes sense to keep the Ciaz and use it for another 3-4 years but the itch to upgrade cannot be controlled .

http://https://www.team-bhp.com/foru...-vdi-plus.html

So here are a few options we have considered and the maximum on road price(Mangalore) is 18.5lacs.

Contender No.1
KIA SELTOS HTX 1.5PETROL IVT/MT
How good is the IVT?
What is IVT's fuel efficiency in the city and highway
Without auto hold function is it difficult to drive the car in ghat traffic situations.

Contender No.2
CRETA SX PETROL IVT/MT
Is 1.2 lacs more worth paying for some extra features vs the Seltos HTX IVT?

Contender 3:
MG HECTOR SUPER DIESEL
Again its expensive compared to contender 1 and 2 by a lac and dosen't get many features either. But still is it worth it as the car will be driven in narrow lanes and in congested city traffic.

Contender 4:
TATA HARRIER XM
Compared to all the cars above this is the car with least amount of features and looks bare bones but is it still worth considering it??

Automatics are a good choice in todays scenario in the view of growing city traffic but can also live with a manual gearbox.
This car will be used 40% in city and 60% on highways.
All the suggestions are welcome and thank you in advance.

Last edited by Sahilrai166 : 9th September 2020 at 23:07.
Old 11th September 2020, 06:48   #155
Team-BHP Support

Re: Need an SUV/Crossover under 18lacs on road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahilrai166 View Post
Automatics are a good choice in todays scenario in the view of growing city traffic but can also live with a manual gearbox.
This car will be used 40% in city and 60% on highways.
All the suggestions are welcome and thank you in advance.
Does he drive his own car or he is seated in the back? If back seat is the priority, equation changes.

If he drives on his own, quite many options, depending need for space to driving pleasure.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 07:13   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Does he drive his own car or he is seated in the back? If back seat is the priority, equation changes.

If he drives on his own, quite many options, depending need for space to driving pleasure.
He drives on his own and the only person seated in the backseat will be my mom(5'0).
Old 11th September 2020, 07:15   #157
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahilrai166 View Post
He drives on his own and the only person seated in the backseat will be my mom(5'0).
I would then suggest the Seltos Diesel AT (instead of Petrol, given its DCT). Much more reliable.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 13:43   #158
BHPian

Looking to replace my 2014 Pajero Sports Anniversary Edition

I'm thinking about selling my 2014 Pajero Sports. It has 58,000km on the odo. It's a worshipped vehicle, by my whole family, and we have treated it like our very own child.

What made us buy this car was even though it lacked features in its console, it is just such a good machine to drive, so comfortable and so stable. It eats away bad roads, and all over, feels like a super solid, sturdy and stable car.

This is a CBU unit completely built in Japan.

Since it's a diesel car, I wont be able to keep it in my city after 4 years, so I was wondering if I should sell it. But then, what do I replace it with? (Maximum budget, 35L)

I have ridden the modern variants of Jeep Compass, Harrier, Seltos, and to be honest, even though they have tons of features, driving them feels like I'm driving a toy car. They just dont feel like solid cars to me, atleast when compared to the Pajero Sports.

Any recommendations? Or, should I keep the Pajero Sports?
Old 8th October 2020, 13:52   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Looking to replace my 2014 Pajero Sports Anniversary Edition

^^ The odo reading of 58,000km is nothing for this machine.

No car today can match the rugged build, simplistic construction, terrific road presence, drivability and the reliability of this car.

Unless you've got bored and want to experiment with something new, I'd strongly recommend keeping the car for at least 2 years by when, hopefully, a clearer picture would emerge with more options.

Last edited by Sheel : 8th October 2020 at 15:00. Reason: As requested.
vigsom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 14:35   #160
BHPian

Re: Looking to replace my 2014 Pajero Sports Anniversary Edition

I would love to advise you to keep your car, but there's a voice inside my head that tells me to PM you and see if there's a deal.

Jokes apart, you will not suffer from any more depreciation than what you will suffer today. So you can drive comfortably for 4 years and then let the next guy re register it in a neighbouring state.

Also, 35L may not get you something that's way better. Rather hold onto this today and jump to the 45-50L bracket in 2023/24.

Tapish
Tapish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 01:25   #161

Need advise on replacing 320d

Hi Need advice on choosing a replacement for my BMW320d.

Why replace BMW 320D you might ask? My car would be completing 10 years in March 2024 and because of the 10 years NGT rule in Delhi for diesel cars I won't be able to drive it.

So I have two options: -
  • Keep driving it till 2024, get NOC from Delhi and sell it to someone outside Delhi. Selling outside of the state would not be an easy task. I would not get a good rate as it would be desperate sale
  • Sell it now, make some money (car is in excellent condition, with BSI Plus for 10yrs/100k).
I am leaning towards selling the car (even though it hurts), because of option 2. Also as we do decent amount of travel to Himachal and weekend getaways, anything beyond 200/250kms is not a comfy ride for me.

What am I looking for in the next car: -
  • Ability to drive within city and also a good highway companion for long distance drives
  • A Driver's car
  • Budget (Stretched to 30OTR)
  • Don't mind an AWD/4X4
  • Has to be an AT (Diesel or Petrol)
  • We are just 2 of us on trips, so don't want a big car, but it should have respectable (2 people) second row and boot (2 people, week away)
Options Considered: -
  • Skoda Karoq:
    • Paid advance, wife went to check it out, didn't feel like it is a 30 OTR worth car in term of space, presence and whole demeanor. I was convinced.
    • No discounts offered (few members here got in excess of 1 lakh plus), a little miffed about it
    • Cancelled the booking
  • Jeep Compass
  • Hyundai Tucson
  • Pre-owned X1 (with BRI & BSI)
I have not taken TDs in any of the 3 yet (know X1 a bit because of previous driving it for few days, and BMW experience)

Are there more options that I can add to the list? I have not considered Ford Endeavor, Fortuner for them being too bulky and my wife not very comfy being able to drive them as well.

Also have not considered Creta, Seltos, no reason why, just doesn't feel right.

Would need help from the experts here. Thanks in advance
Old 22nd October 2020, 08:43   #162
BHPian

Re: Need advise on replacing 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by decible111 View Post
Hi Need advice on choosing a replacement for my BMW320d.
Any reason why you aren't considering the Harrier, if you are looking at the Tucson and the Compass? Brand name apart, give it a test drive. You'll be positively surprised. It is much better than the Compass (in my view) on drivability, comfort, space and power train combo. Tata service may have its issues, but not like Fiat / Jeep is any Toyota or Honda.

The other car I'd advise you to look at is the CRV. Apparently a face-lift is coming in November with much more competitive pricing.
andafunda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 19:37   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by andafunda View Post
Any reason why you aren't considering the Harrier, if you are looking at the Tucson and the Compass? Brand name apart, give it a test drive. You'll be positively surprised. It is much better than the Compass (in my view) on drivability, comfort, space and power train combo. Tata service may have its issues, but not like Fiat / Jeep is any Toyota or Honda.
Only reason being that it's early days for AT on Harrier (I read they have taken Tucson's 6 speed AT though so not an entirely new gearbox). I general wait for a Model/Variant/New Tech to go through 1/2 iteration before committing, gives me peace of mind. But I am taking a test drive tomorrow, let's see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andafunda View Post
The other car I'd advise you to look at is the CRV. Apparently a face-lift is coming in November with much more competitive pricing
I have not driven CVT lately, back in the day I used to drive a Honda City Petrol, found the response sluggish. Probably that's a wrong perception to still carry around. I'll check with Honda dealership on the timelines for this launch.

Is going for a Diesel car in Delhi (NGT 10 year rule) a bad choice? Considering I want to keep the car for a longish time (6+ years). Would a Petrol AT SUV/Crossover be a better choice?
Old 23rd October 2020, 20:11   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by decible111 View Post
[*]Has to be an AT (Diesel or Petrol)[*]We are just 2 of us on trips, so don't want a big car, but it should have respectable (2 people) second row and boot (2 people, week away)
Are there more options that I can add to the list? I have not considered Ford Endeavor, Fortuner for them being too bulky and my wife not very comfy being able to drive them as well.
You’re coming from a BMW, so I feel that you’ll only be happy with something equal or higher.
Consider the Pre-Worshipped X1s, GLA/GLCs or Q3s in the SUVs and if you’re wanting to be buying a new car, go for the Tuscon.
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 21:36   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
You’re coming from a BMW, so I feel that you’ll only be happy with something equal or higher.
Consider the Pre-Worshipped X1s, GLA/GLCs or Q3s in the SUVs and if you’re wanting to be buying a new car, go for the Tuscon.
Looking for pre-owned X1s (not Q3, GLA/GLCs) with BRI/BSI+, not able find any in my price range (under 30). The ones I have found with BRI/BSI are 2019/2020 models (32lacs+), above my budget. The ones in my budget are out of company warranty and no BRI/BSI package, so a little wary of buying them. Plus financing for pre-owned is at ~11% as against ~7.3% on new purchase. Total cost of ownership of a pre-owned ends up being a lot more eventually. Still checking out a few X1s this weekend, fingers crossed.

Second option I am considering is Skoda/VW. Currently only Karoq is an option with slightly lower or comparable quality/build to the big 3 ( mostly Audi, for obvious reasons). I took a test drive today. Found it to be good (reminded me of my Vento TSI). Little pricey for the package, but the dealer is working out a good deal (thanks to fellow BHPian Schneller), approx 28 lacs on road in Delhi (or 26.5 lacs in himachal, I have an option to register it in either state).

Checking out Tucson on Sunday as well.

Thanks for advice
decible111 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks