Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2007, 06:31   #16
BHPian

doctorkats, if I were you, I would consider three factors:

1. How often are more than 5 people going to be in the car? If its going to be all the time, my choice would be Innova. The Safari jumpseats (I call them suicide seats) are not really comfortable for adults, but I think children can manage there.

2. Is 4x4 needed or wanted? If its needed then the choice is Safari.

3. TATA service network vs Toyota service network. Matters if you were to breakdown when you go off the beaten path.

Hope this helps. Cars are equivalent to appliances in my opinion, so I don't care very much about the snob value, but that's just me.
Old 15th February 2007, 10:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey Extreme_torque, thats a very nicely framed post if I may say so!

Doctorkats, welcome to Team BHP......although I'm a biased Safari owner, I can't help but add my two cents here - if you want a vehicle that looks good & pure SUV, takes all kinds of terrain that you are LIKELY to encounter in its stride, has the MOST comfortable middle row in existence, feels secure in unruly city traffic, has a good service back up in remote areas and is going to give you pure, unadulterated FUN & GREAT highway driving.........GO for the Safari!

(Oof, pant, pant, a little out of breath here....!)
Old 15th February 2007, 16:16   #18
BHPian

Hey Doctor.

dont judge the 2.2 safari for 6 months after launch. ANy tata vehicle is horrible in forst 6 months of launch.

I suggest a 3.0 L to you. If you are ready to wait till Dec 07 then only think of Safari 2.2. It will be launched in Apr to Jun 07 and then 6 months to settle down....
Old 15th February 2007, 23:59   #19

Hi doctorkats

I also suggest you to go for Safari 3.0L as Safari2.2L will take more time to settle down from its initial problems. The 'proud' and 'safe' feeling one gets with safari is unbeatable.(I had owned Safari - TCIC and will be getting 3.0L dicor in few weeks).

-Vichu
Old 16th February 2007, 00:44   #20
BHPian

Hey doctor,

welcome to the club and good to see you are considering the safari. Having a safari, I would say if you want to try something different, go for it. However, be prepared to have a more engaging experience since you'll have to spend quite a lot of time with the Safari both on the roads since you cannot avoid taking it out for long drives ( its really that comfortable) and to the service station to sort out the niggling issues people have been mentioning.

I am enjoying doing both.

Thanks
-Sumit
Old 2nd January 2008, 17:52   #21
BHPian

yep.Some how I love safari to innova.irrespective of the quality of INNOVA it has nothing.But,Safari eventhough have some problems,Is majestic,rules the road....,make heads turn.I love my safari 2.2 VTT lx
Old 2nd January 2008, 21:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bglsrini View Post
yep.Some how I love safari to innova.irrespective of the quality of INNOVA it has nothing.But,Safari eventhough have some problems,Is majestic,rules the road....,make heads turn.I love my safari 2.2 VTT lx
Everyone loves the Safari alot, even i do but when it came to making a decision i choose the Innova.
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

guys

Dockats is already a happy owner of Safari Ex 4x4 and having lot of fun with the beast specially off roading.

its been some 8-10 months.

Mods Please close the thread
Old 8th January 2008, 16:20   #24
BANNED

Congrats doc on your choice,

I think you would be all smiles with your new drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks