Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

View Poll Results: Would you buy the Maruti XL6 over the Ertiga?
Yes 114 32.66%
No 209 59.89%
Other (please specify in your post) 26 7.45%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23rd October 2019, 20:16   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Would you buy the Maruti XL6 over the Ertiga?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
[b]

But if I want to move 5 adults in more comfort, or 5 adults with luggage, the bench-seat Ertiga would be a better option.

Don't get me wrong, I love captain seats and think they offer terrific comfort. But just to suit different purposes, Maruti should have given both seat options (bench + captain) on the XL6. If that was the case, the XL6 would get my unconditional vote.
That is why the MM Mararzo becomes my choice followed with the lodgy
rulerofsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2019, 23:18   #32
Senior - BHPian

Ertiga's interior might be the main reason I would go for XL6, captain seats are nice too

1.5 Diesel with auto option on the XL6 would have been sweet.
giri1.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2019, 23:29   #33
BHPian

The looks of the XL6 are more butch compared to the Ertiga except the puny tyres. I would prefer the XL6 with a 2nd row of Bench seats. Black interiors definitely more classy than the beige one. Also a better Automatic transmission than the 4 speed offered currently and 6 Airbags. I guess I am wishing a bit too much.
adi.mariner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2019, 00:23   #34
BHPian

Voted NO, doesn't make sense to me in any case!

XL6 reminds me of i20 Active which launched few years back, as GTO said - It's a TATKAL ticket for the people who wanted the car immediately (Back then i20 had a waiting period of 3-6 months) or someone who wants some exclusivity over the regular ertiga which is favourite of cabbies. We have an active in extended family and although there are no issues with it, it always reminds us that we should have gone with Creta or regular i20. XL6 will give the same feeling after the novelty wears off.
Also I think they should have given the option of bench seats, this is a people mover and there are better 4 seater cars available in the market.
PS: Is Maruti really kidding us with just 2 airbags, those tyres and calling it a premium offering?
turbowhistle is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2019, 05:30   #35
Senior - BHPian

A friend made an unofficial pre-booking for the XL6. He took his parents for a test drive 2 weeks later and 2 seats in the middle was alien to his parents. Needless to say, he's now waiting for his Ertiga AT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Maruti should have given both seat options (bench + captain) on the XL6. If that was the case, the XL6 would get my unconditional vote.
Maruti wants to keep the product very exclusive to a select group of owners. A lot of people would pick the car up if it had a bench in the middle row. 2 seats in the middle row is a concept that is alien in India.

Also, most buyers want maximum bang for their buck.
landcruiser123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2019, 16:29   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

I voted "NO". Ertiga makes far more practical sense over the XL6. Also - the XL6 is horribly failing in hiding its Ertiga donor car. Everyone knows its an Ertiga. So buying an XL6 doesn't bring a real "premium exclusivity" as such. If it had curtain airbags - heck even just sun-shade curtains for the middle row, I'd perhaps have voted for the XL6. 100 Rs. Sun shades. Maruti - please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Maruti wants to keep the product very exclusive to a select group of owners.
And what benefit would that bring to Maruti? MSIL is a volume player. I don't see it trying to "limit" sales. If it wants to keep it a private car, they can simply not get a registration permit for yellow plate. That way the car can't be registered for cabs. Simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Also, most buyers want maximum bang for their buck.
Everyone wants maximum bang for the buck! Just that the bang for one, can be a dud for a different person. Just a matter of perspective.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2019, 16:40   #37
Senior - BHPian

I've answered NO, I'd rather get the Ertiga 1.5 top trim diesel when it is available. XL 6 doesn't look good and middle row captain seats makes it less spacious, if a bench can be ordered instead of captain seats it would be good. Having no diesel option is a big negative for a MUV. It would be better to wait for the Triber with a turbo petrol option and save a lot of money than buy the XL6.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 24th October 2019 at 16:41.
Durango Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2019, 17:59   #38
BHPian

Voted for Other. I would buy XL6 if it provides seven seat arrangement
DImPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2019, 21:55   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
And what benefit would that bring to Maruti?
Maruti doesn't need big volumes so justify the introduction of the XL6 as the investment to design this particular new model is not much. The Ertiga is bringing enough volumes to Suzuki. So, I guess I'm not completely wrong in assuming MSIL wants the car to be exclusive on the lines of a limited edition.
2 kinds of people will be the majority who buy the XL6:
1. Someone needs a large car urgently and the XL6 has lesser waiting period than Ertiga
2. People who are really impressed with the car and don't mind the compromise of the middle row
Quote:
Everyone wants maximum bang for the buck!
If you compare Ertiga vs Innova for captain seats in the middle, many would pick Innova but only a few would pick the Ertiga. That's all I meant.
Try the social experiment if you've the free time.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 24th October 2019 at 21:57.
landcruiser123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2019, 12:24   #40

Voted No.

The only plus to my eyes for the XL6 over the Ertiga , is the all black interior. Captain setas though high on novelty, are impractical at the end of the day.

Apart from that, I think with the puny tires and a rear-end identical to the Ertiga, Suzuki missed by far what they were shooting for i. e. to pass this off as an SUV. This makes the XL6 a pointless exercise, and an expensive one at that.

I honestly think they would have been better off just providing the captain seats and the all black interior as a variant to the Ertiga, just like how Honda had done with the Jazz.
Romeo_Mike is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2019, 01:34   #41
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I would buy the XL6 in a heartbeat, but only if it offered an option of a middle bench and a better automatic gearbox.
+1 to that. I already have the Entiga and I can't seem to find any reason to not have that bench at the rear, which makes it a very very comfortable car for 4 adults and a kid (I removed the third row).

A good auto is a must too, Maruti is losing the game in larger engines and automatic gearboxes.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2019, 12:39   #42
BHPian

Voted and Booked the XL6.
Needed a vehicle for my office usage mostly commuting our architects and site engineers to different sites in the city. Usually the number of people travelling vary between 3 and 5 so the XL6 is exactly what we are looking for.
Love the captain seats. It makes the whole cabin feel a segment higher and more premium.
Waiting time for the nexa blue is 6 weeks.
Might change the tires. Need your opinion on it.
BoeingDriver is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote