Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

View Poll Results: Which SUV would you choose?
MG Hector 26 6.47%
Hyundai Creta 11 2.74%
Kia Seltos 145 36.07%
Tata Harrier 70 17.41%
Jeep Compass 107 26.62%
Mahindra XUV500 20 4.98%
Other (please specify in your post) 23 5.72%
Voters: 402. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14th November 2019, 10:19   #46
BHPian

Default Re: MG Hector vs the competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
I have voted for the Compass because I would love to own one. But since the wallet dictates terms, I have booked a Seltos, since it's the best overall package - looks, price & features.
Same here, took delivery of Seltos about three weeks back but voted for Compass cause find it to be a complete package like safety, driving dynamics, handling, footprint etc, budget was only the constraint. Nonetheless quite satisfied with my decision.
S.MJet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 12:21   #47
Senior - BHPian

If you are in the market for Creta, Seltos is better than Creta in all the aspects. However, IMHO If you are in the market for a well built spacious 5seater SUV, MG Hector makes more sense than any of the above options.

Hector is more spacious with a longer wheelbase which offers more boot space than any of the above cars. If I am in the market for a new SUV, my choice will be boiled down to Seltos, Hector and Harrier. Ultimately, Hector would be my last choice because it beats other cars in this segment with a good margin.

Voted for MG Hector.
SJM1214 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 20:49   #48
BHPian

Voted for XUV500 & Others (Hexa).

Reason -

1. I own one, purchased XUV 500 in 2018 and have done roughly 20000 kms till date.

2. There is actually nothing to rant against XUV 500 except lack of boot space. But then it was designed as a 7 seater from the begining and compared with boot spaces in 5 seaters (Hector, Compass, Creta, Seltos) ensures that it has equal or more boot space when the 3rd row seats are pulled down.

3. It is also high time we stop repeating that "Mahindra ASS is a hit or miss" or "Mahindra ASS remains a gamble". I have been experiencing MASS since last 1 year for nearly 20000 kms in my XUV and i have got better response in MASS than from Hyundai (Santro) or even Maruti (Zen, Swift Dzire). There are more horror stories out there with many premium & foreign manufacturers such as VW-Skoda, Renault-Nissan-Datsun, Toyota, Honda etc. but we will never ever make statements as above against them as we Indians like everything foreign. Even brand new Kia owners are reporting niggles, quality & service issues from the begining.

4. XUV has been here for past 8+ years now and has proved to be a big success inspite of its initial niggles ridden days. Indians would not have purchased this vehicle quite consistently for such as long time if they had not seen value in the same.

5. Mahindra has shown commitment to this product by bringing in regular updates. Service availability is pretty good.

6. XUV 500, inspite of its big size, is super easy to drive in cramped city roads & lanes. Further when on the highway there are few who can match its capabilities. I have taken this butch beast over many hundred kms of non-existent roads in farms, villages, rural areas, hills all without breaking a sweat.

The above are my personal views only and no offence meant to anyone.
SaurabhB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 08:35   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
If you are in the market for Creta, Seltos is better than Creta in all the aspects. However, IMHO If you are in the market for a well built spacious 5seater SUV, MG Hector makes more sense than any of the above options.
Same for me. MG Hector for its sheer space and features. Looks and brand are totally acceptable. Waiting for 7 seater, and shall book on very first day, would replace my 10 years old Innova.

Last edited by Sheel : 28th November 2019 at 20:48. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Thanks.
abhi1881 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 20:27   #50
BHPian

A comparison on petrol automatic of MG & Kia. The mileage figures of petrol kia DCT are a pleasant surprise.

Most Viewed