Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2020, 13:07   #1
BHPian

Which 4x4 AT SUV? Ford Endeavour 3.2 vs Jeep Compass

Hello BHPians!!

I am currently in a big dilemma. I have been planning to buy an Endeavour 3.2 this year. Let me list out my requirements to give you some perspective on this decision-
  • Has to be an AT transmission SUV. Period.
  • While I'm not into serious offroading, I think if the car I choose has the capability to tackle some difficult terrains in the remote parts of our country, specially snowy drives in the mountains, that would be great.
  • A 7 seater is not necessary and a decently spacious 5 seater would do the job for me.
  • Has to be a complete package in terms of driveability, features, comfort and handling- the sole reason why the Fortuner was not considered seriously. Also, didn't like the looks of the new gen Fortuner. Further, no other product matched up to these requirements in a better way.

So, after all these considerations, the Endeavour was a clear winner up until a few days ago, when Autocar announced the Compass Diesel AT. Before this point, the Compass was never seriously considered due to the lack of a Diesel AT. Well I got to work immediately and spent hours reading/ watching reviews of the Compass. Yesterday, I went for a test drive of the Compass. However, they did not have a test drive vehicle for the regular diesel AT yet. They offered me to test drive the trailhawk, which put me off and I had a mini argument of sorts with the salesperson because he kept insisting that the drive is the same in the trailhawk whereas I clearly remembered coming across points like trailhawk has an increased ground clearance of 20 mm and the gear ratios are also slightly different. Anyways, I took a long test drive consisting a short highway run and some bad road sections and was quite impressed with the performance and dynamics of this little SUV. After coming back, I spent more hours studying both the regular Compass and the trailhawk in great depth. Here are my observations-

The Compass Limited Plus 4X4 AT (BS-6) will cost me about 30 lacs on road, after some discounts offered by the dealership. There is some room for further negotiation though. This variant gives me everything I need in terms of features. Only 3 things that are critically missing here-
  • A proper 4x4 transfer case with low range.
  • Powered tailgate (In comparison with the Endeavour)
  • Sport mode/ paddle shifters on the gearbox. While the Compass drove quite well and picked up speeds nicely, a sport mode would have made things better. A manual mode is available, but not as helpful.

The Compass Trailhawk gives me a proper 4x4 system with better approach and departure angles but misses out on some key features from the Limited Plus such as electric driver seat with memory function, auto dimming IRVM, auto headlamps and wipers. The optional sunroof variant would cost me about 34 lacs on road. One more point, the trailhawk looks much better without all those chrome bits on the exterior and those black ORVMs. The black interiors also look sportier.

Coming back to the Endeavour, this car is quite capable and fits all my requirements as mentioned earlier, However, it costs 40 lacs plus on the road and the biggest point= I dont actually need such a big car to drive. It will be a pain to maneuver it in dense NCR traffic and parking would be another big problem. To counter that, I had planned to buy a Polo GT for the times when I would need to go to places where the Endeavour cant go comfortably. So the entire deal would cost me 50 lacs plus. Not to mention the additional parking slot in my apartment complex. A few more downsides that I can think of-

While Ford is a well established player in the Indian market, its JV with Mahindra does raise some doubts about the future service support from the brand.

Having two high maintenance brands (Ford and VW) in the garage would not be a very wise idea to begin with.

The fuel economy of the 3.2 is terrible. I would be hauling all that weight around for no reason. 70% of the time it will be me driving alone, 20% with a passenger and 10% maybe 4 or 5 on board. I dont even know if the 3rd row will ever be used.

While Compass Limited Plus is an excellent package for my needs, I do have a few questions which experts and current owners might be able to answer-

1. Obviously the first doubt- how is the long term reliability of the vehicle? I haven't heard of any major niggles yet (or maybe I missed out)

2. The Jeep after sales experience. I can recall one or two instances from the past where in some dealerships made some goofups. Current owners please share your experience and the red flags, if any.

3. The capabilities of the AWD system of the regular Compass. I am a noob when it comes to the world of 4x4s. Considering my requirements, especially driving in snowy conditions, would this system suffice? I DO NOT intend to do any serious type of offroading. Keeping this in mind, would you guys say that a low range transfer case would be needed for my use case?

4. Is the ZF9 gearbox reliable? The sales advisor told me that its a torque converter unit, which does make things better in the long term I guess.

Please help me out in this decision.

Last edited by Sheel : 19th January 2020 at 14:17. Reason: Endy = Endeavour. Type in full, no acronyms please.
SHANKY11 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 06:45   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Which 4x4 AT SUV? Ford Endeavour 3.2 vs Jeep Compass

Both are fantastic cars, so congratulations in advance. If I was in your shoes, I'd go for the Endeavour 3.2. It is vastly superior to the Compass Diesel AT.

Endeavour advantages: 2 segments above in terms of what the product offers, better engine + gearbox combo (Compass Diesel AT mating is okay, but not exceptional), space, 3rd row seat, better ride quality etc.

Compass advantages: Cheaper, city friendly size, more agile offroad, better handler.

Read my thread on why you should buy the better car and how it can work out cheaper in the long run - link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHANKY11 View Post
A 7 seater is not necessary and a decently spacious 5 seater would do the job for me.
Compass is more of a 4-seater than 5.

Quote:
I dont actually need such a big car to drive. It will be a pain to maneuver it in dense NCR traffi
I have usually found big SUVs to be easier to drive in the city due to their driving position & commanding presence.

Quote:
While Ford is a well established player in the Indian market, its JV with Mahindra does raise some doubts about the future service support from the brand.
I don't see any issues here. Ford isn't the best, but FCA-Jeep isn't a "Maruti" either.

Quote:
Having two high maintenance brands (Ford and VW) in the garage would not be a very wise idea to begin with.
Your reasoning makes it seem like you have made up your mind on the Compass and are looking for justification on the same.
GTO is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 07:03   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Which 4x4 AT SUV? Ford Endeavour 3.2 vs Jeep Compass

Do wait for the new Endeavour that should come later this month. Jeep is overpriced for what it is whereas Endeavour is far competitive. Wrangler is what competes with Endeavour in Global markets whereas it costs more than Twice in India over Ford. Regarding service, Ford is now very different (cheaper) as they have a lot of local parts. Endeavour is actually easy in local traffic due to a very light steering and the overall stance.

Many people pick tall Suv/ Muv just for the sitting posture. So it will be a good idea to take extended drives on both, say Delhi to Gurgaon and back. The last I heard from ford dealership was that they don’t have any endeavour left from 2019 and factory is yet to begin dispatches for 2020.

If budget is not a major issue, my pick will be Endeavour but that’s for me.

ZF gearbox is amongst best you can get and so will be the 4x4 system on Jeep for your requirements. If you are a small family and looking for a go anywhere vehicle, Jeep seems to be a better option for you. You will also save a lot of money. Both products are from global portfolio of respective companies so nothing to worry about long term. On resales, Ford endeavour will hold its value more probably.

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th January 2020 at 07:22.
Turbanator is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 09:21   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHANKY11 View Post
Further, no other product matched up to these requirements in a better way.
Your choices are quite spot on for your requirements. I believe the Compass would be a better choice if you are mostly driving in the city and highway with occasional off-roading in the lines of your requirement. The dealer may also help you with fixing the auto-dimming IRVM, but not so sure about the other missing features. Unless you have made up your mind to get the Compass, I would suggest you to take a look at the Tucson as well (if you have not already rejected it). This would be my suggestion since you need to deal with remote parts of the country and Hyundai has better reach than Ford and Jeep.
Researcher is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 09:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

The Endeavour and Compass are two different cars for close comparison.

Although the Compass is a good buy, the Endeavour wins in the comparison in all ways. Driving in the city is not much of an issue except for size, as the SUV is provided with electronically assisted power steering which is very light for dense traffic. As you have mentioned earlier, the average is an issue in the Endeavour, then you must wait for the new 10 speed AT which may come in Feb-March. This is a 2.0 liter Diesel with 10 speed auto gearbox. Please search for the relevant thread in this forum. The average is drastically improved in this one and that will be a game changer (About 16 kmpl at 100 kmphr on highways). If you are not in a hurry do consider this option. Above all, the Endeavour is very cheap in servicing and this can be confirmed from multiple sources. All this from personal experience of owning the 3.2L 4x4 AT Endeavour.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 20th January 2020 at 09:42.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 10:51   #6
BHPian

Another suggestion :

With the Ford pushing 41L + On-road, How about Skoda Kodiaq 4X4, AT at ~42L - 43L On-road ?
charanreddy is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 11:04   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Considering your requirement of a primarily city based 4x4 which is spacious for 5, I’ll say the Compass is simply too small of the inside and the Endy, as good as it is, is too big. You should look for the Skoda Kodiaq and the Honda CRV diesel. Both of them are a lot easier to drive around town than the big Ford, both are far more spacious than the Jeep, both offer a very decent driving experience, come fully loaded and also have the 4x4 ability you need for the occasional trip to the high mountains. The CRV diesel especially is running fantastic discounts and has fuel economy that nothing else can come close to by some margin.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 20th January 2020 at 11:06.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 11:06   #8
BHPian

If money is not a constraint, I would suggest you to go for the Endeavour 3.2 . Compass though a good product is simply no match in front of the sheer presence and commanding position that the Endeavour offers. Ergonomically as well, the endeavour wins hands down since I have driven both these cars for considerable distances.

It is likely that for the initial period you may be unable to manoevur the vehicle and be more concerned at tight spaces, but eventually once you are adapt to the size, you would love this gem of a car.

As far as support goes, I believe Ford may be better off than FCA workshops simply because the brand Ford itself was estd. much earlier than FCA in India and with its tie up with M&M, people shall be well covered for future as well.

Buy a Compass if you wish to have a smaller vehicle with better fuel economy and less of bling factor.

Both Endeavour and Compass are very accomplished vehicles and when you are spending so much, I would suggest you to go with what your heart wants, the vehicle you choose should make you feel happy about your decision regardless of what the World have to say.

Last edited by Sheel : 20th January 2020 at 11:38. Reason: Endy = Endeavour. No acronyms please.
NST440 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 12:55   #9
BHPian

My pick would be Endeavour with eyes closed
  • Has to be an AT transmission SUV. Period.
    Quote:
    [Compass=! Endeavour=✓]
  • While I'm not into serious offroading, I think if the car I choose has the capability to tackle some difficult terrains in the remote parts of our country, specially snowy drives in the mountains, that would be great.
    Quote:
    [Compass=! Endeavour=✓]
  • A 7 seater is not necessary and a decently spacious 5 seater would do the job for me.
    Quote:
    [Compass=✖ Endeavour=✓]
  • Has to be a complete package in terms of driveability, features, comfort and handling- the sole reason why the Fortuner was not considered seriously. Also, didn't like the looks of the new gen Fortuner. Further, no other product matched up to these requirements in a better way.
    Quote:
    [Compass=✖ Endeavour=✓]
It is also easier to drive in city than Compass.
purohitanuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 13:04   #10
BHPian

I have been in the same boat for such a long time now. Decent 4x4 are available in cars only longer than 4600 mm or raw ones like Thar/Gurkha. I don't want a 7 seater for sure because I never plan to use it. 95% of the time, our road trips are just me and my wife. We are almost always traveling alone. The reason I want a car around 4200 mm with good 4x4 is because of the ease of parking, manoeuvring it in the hills and the flexibility of taking it almost anywhere. We were in Darjeeling earlier this month and I don't ever want to be there in a larger SUV like Endeavor or Fortuner. The parking situation in our country is pathetic and a smaller car always make sense.

I am currently driving a Honda City which is around 4400 mm and consistently looking for a smaller car with better capabilities.
bordeaux is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 13:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

I believe these 2 vehicles are in different segments altogether and therefore, it does not really make sense to compare them head on. To me, this looks more like a "need vs. desire" case If you can "afford" the Ford then I do not see any reason to buy the Jeep, unless you are content with what the Jeep offers at its price point.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 13:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

The 5 seater - 7 seater dilemma will always be there for many. But let me tell you that a 7 seater is just a myth. Even in bigger and luxurious cars the last row seats are more suited for children unless you buy your car for a taxi or for a large family but only for a city drives. For highways drives you would not expect your relatives to sit in the last row unless they are kids. So in turn what you get is a larger boot space and the added advantage of more power, and more comfortable seats for the 5 persons. Having a larger boot means storing all your needs for a long road trip (bags, water, spares, eatables, and even extra tyres in the boot which remains secured in lock and key). This saves you the headache of having a carrier which has it's own disadvantages and attracts attention from out of state police to extract money. For me my 7 seater SUV is a comfortable 5 seater with added and secured boot space. On the other hand a 5 seater is too small for me.
So even if you do an occasional road trip a larger SUV is the one to go for.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 20th January 2020 at 13:39.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 14:11   #13
BHPian

Compass AT in non trailhawk trim has indeed put so many into confusion. After booking a seltos AT for my wife, jeep announced this news which has got me thinking almost everyday. Except FCA, everyone else seems to know what they have missed by delaying the AT by these many years. There is a Montero 3.2 and a yeti 4x4 at home.Otherwise, i would have probably had both of these, one new one used in my garage.

@Shanky11

* First off, There is no 7 seater SUV in india. Not even the Landcruiser 200. those last row of seats are best kept folded as you will need it for the luggage. Its more logical to squeeze people in 2nd row than in the third. So essentially, what you have is a spacious 5 seater Endy and a not so spacious 4 seater Compass.

* Have you considered speeds you can do in both the cars. Compass will make you subconsciously drive at 120-140 something which Endy will need an effort, not to say endy is slow but You commute time will be a lot less in compass.

* compass AT likely to come after march. During the same Endy will be putting 2.0L BS6 which is not proven in india atleast. On top of that, mahindra-ford will be taking care of your service.

* I was at Jeep service to service my fiat linea and during the conversation i was mighty impressed with some the spares prices. that said Ford services are also cheap. Of all the people, i find hyundai service the most expensive

If VFM is anything to go by, Endy 3.2 should be the one for you. I think you initial thought process was great. Endy 3.2 + polo GT ( dirt cheap used car prices in NCR ). you may buy one now and another sometime later.

Otherwise, its compass AT. You dont want to be driving in 3.2 motor alone in the car 70% of the times.

Last edited by blackbeast : 20th January 2020 at 14:12. Reason: spacing
blackbeast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 14:44   #14
BHPian

These two are in different levels. Compass is two level down from Endy. Endeavour is usually compared with Prado, and not even Fortuner in overseas markets like Australia. Other than its size, every thing is going positive for Endeavour, including off road ability, road presence, A-S-S, power etc. Ride comfort is far better in Endy and Ford knows about ride a thing or two. It has a ANC which makes the ride a very silent as well. Compass might be a 4x4 but it can not simply match Ford's, with that power/torque and height.
sgmuser is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 15:18   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Endeavour advantages: 2 segments above in terms of what the product offers, better engine + gearbox combo (Compass Diesel AT mating is okay, but not exceptional), space, 3rd row seat, better ride quality etc.
For what the Endeavour offers in comparison, the price point makes a lot of sense.

Quote:
Read my thread on why you should buy the better car and how it can work out cheaper in the long run
I do plan to hold onto this car for at least 7-8 years, thats why I dont want to take a rushed decision.

Quote:
I have usually found big SUVs to be easier to drive in the city due to their driving position & commanding presence.
Maybe it is due to my lack of experience with this segment. I have driven big SUVs only on the highway. Hence when I took a test drive of Endeavour the first time in the city, I was quite overwhelmed. I completely agree with the presence though- a compass will never get the kind of respect on road which an Endeavour or a fortuner gets.

Quote:
Your reasoning makes it seem like you have made up your mind on the Compass and are looking for justification on the same.
Honestly, I was hooked onto the Endeavour since the day I saw its preview here on team bhp and I have been planning to buy it ever since. But the tie up with Mahindra actually put me off. And I was desperately looking for an alternative which came in the form of Compass. So no, my mind is not made up but I have lost confidence in the Ford brand somehow. Maybe it means nothing really and the end consumer would not suffer in this JV, but I have my doubts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Researcher View Post
Your choices are quite spot on for your requirements. I believe the Compass would be a better choice if you are mostly driving in the city and highway with occasional off-roading in the lines of your requirement. The dealer may also help you with fixing the auto-dimming IRVM, but not so sure about the other missing features. Unless you have made up your mind to get the Compass, I would suggest you to take a look at the Tucson as well (if you have not already rejected it). This would be my suggestion since you need to deal with remote parts of the country and Hyundai has better reach than Ford and Jeep.
Tucson is a great car but not my taste in terms of the design language. I am a sucker for clean lines and boxy shapes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Do wait for the new Endeavour that should come later this month.
But wont the BS-6 compliant vehicle push the price up further? I have a feeling it will cost an additional 2-3 lacs.

Quote:
The last I heard from ford dealership was that they don’t have any endeavour left from 2019 and factory is yet to begin dispatches for 2020.
My game plan was to actually pick up a pre- BS 6 vehicle before April and I am actually scouting for deals currently on the existing stock. But I had little luck in this so far. Limited colour and variant options now.

Quote:
If budget is not a major issue, my pick will be Endeavour but that’s for me.
Budget is not a concern, concern is only the size. Which many of you have cleared out. I do need to take a long drive to be reassured. Zoomcar introduced the Endeavour in their lineup and i tried to hire it for a day or two but it is never available. Guess I will push a dealer to give me a long test drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
The Endeavour and Compass are two different cars for close comparison.

Although the Compass is a good buy, the Endeavour wins in the comparison in all ways. Driving in the city is not much of an issue except for size, as the SUV is provided with electronically assisted power steering which is very light for dense traffic. As you have mentioned earlier, the average is an issue in the Endeavour, then you must wait for the new 10 speed AT which may come in Feb-March. This is a 2.0 liter Diesel with 10 speed auto gearbox. Please search for the relevant thread in this forum. The average is drastically improved in this one and that will be a game changer (About 16 kmpl at 100 kmphr on highways). If you are not in a hurry do consider this option. Above all, the Endeavour is very cheap in servicing and this can be confirmed from multiple sources. All this from personal experience of owning the 3.2L 4x4 AT Endeavour.
I take it that you live in Mumbai. If you are saying that its size is not an issue in the city, then that is really confidence inspiring to me. I guess I am being concerned over nothing. There is a sea of fortuners and endeavours out there in our urban confines and the owners are happy with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charanreddy View Post
Another suggestion :

With the Ford pushing 41L + On-road, How about Skoda Kodiaq 4X4, AT at ~42L - 43L On-road ?
Thanks but I dont like the design language of this particular Skoda. While I have been a fan of the looks of Octavia and Superb, this one is not my kind of eye candy. It looks more station wagon-ish than SUV especially from the rear. Although I am sure the driving dynamics would be better in the Kodiaq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Considering your requirement of a primarily city based 4x4 which is spacious for 5, I’ll say the Compass is simply too small of the inside and the Endy, as good as it is, is too big. You should look for the Skoda Kodiaq and the Honda CRV diesel. Both of them are a lot easier to drive around town than the big Ford, both are far more spacious than the Jeep, both offer a very decent driving experience, come fully loaded and also have the 4x4 ability you need for the occasional trip to the high mountains. The CRV diesel especially is running fantastic discounts and has fuel economy that nothing else can come close to by some margin.
If only brain and logic is applied in these decisions, then yes, these 2 cars are a brilliant buy. But, the heart wants what the heart wants. As I mentioned above, I am a sucker for boxy designs. Hence, these 2(Endeavour & Compass) are the only premium SUVs that I can consider. All my past car purchases have been based on budget constraints and logic. This time I'm in no mood to resist my desires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
I have been in the same boat for such a long time now. Decent 4x4 are available in cars only longer than 4600 mm or raw ones like Thar/Gurkha. I don't want a 7 seater for sure because I never plan to use it. 95% of the time, our road trips are just me and my wife. We are almost always traveling alone. The reason I want a car around 4200 mm with good 4x4 is because of the ease of parking, manoeuvring it in the hills and the flexibility of taking it almost anywhere. We were in Darjeeling earlier this month and I don't ever want to be there in a larger SUV like Endeavor or Fortuner. The parking situation in our country is pathetic and a smaller car always make sense.

I am currently driving a Honda City which is around 4400 mm and consistently looking for a smaller car with better capabilities.
My thoughts exactly. I am a through and through road trip person and like to travel to the mountains as frequently as 5-6 times a year. And parking space and sometimes width of roads are the major issues in these areas. Although I dont go to mainstream hill stations anymore (which are overcrowded and lack space), a compact size definitely helps out in the wild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
I believe these 2 vehicles are in different segments altogether and therefore, it does not really make sense to compare them head on. To me, this looks more like a "need vs. desire" case If you can "afford" the Ford then I do not see any reason to buy the Jeep, unless you are content with what the Jeep offers at its price point.
To be honest, its a through and through "desire" case. I love the looks of both the vehicles and can easily afford both. However, I am trying to get a sense of what's more practical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
The 5 seater - 7 seater dilemma will always be there for many. But let me tell you that a 7 seater is just a myth. Even in bigger and luxurious cars the last row seats are more suited for children unless you buy your car for a taxi or for a large family but only for a city drives. For highways drives you would not expect your relatives to sit in the last row unless they are kids. So in turn what you get is a larger boot space and the added advantage of more power, and more comfortable seats for the 5 persons. Having a larger boot means storing all your needs for a long road trip (bags, water, spares, eatables, and even extra tyres in the boot which remains secured in lock and key). This saves you the headache of having a carrier which has it's own disadvantages and attracts attention from out of state police to extract money. For me my 7 seater SUV is a comfortable 5 seater with added and secured boot space. On the other hand a 5 seater is too small for me.
So even if you do an occasional road trip a larger SUV is the one to go for.
This I completely agree with. On family road trips, I have hired zoomcars in the past. And even the boot space of these Scorpios and XUVs have failed when it comes to a vacation of 4-5 people for more than 5 days. I dont foresee having more than 5 on board, but yes, even those 5 will be far more comfortable in the Endeavour, which will also offer a much bigger luggage capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
Have you considered speeds you can do in both the cars. Compass will make you subconsciously drive at 120-140 something which Endy will need an effort, not to say endy is slow but You commute time will be a lot less in compass.
I dont think cruising at 120 kmph will be a problem in either of these. That said, I drive in a very relaxed manner on the highways and rarely go above 100 kmph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
compass AT likely to come after march. During the same Endy will be putting 2.0L BS6 which is not proven in india atleast. On top of that, mahindra-ford will be taking care of your service.
Yes that tie up with Mahindra is my only concern. As far as the new engine is concerned, I am pretty confident about the quality levels of ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
These two are in different levels. Compass is two level down from Endy. Endeavour is usually compared with Prado, and not even Fortuner in overseas markets like Australia. Other than its size, every thing is going positive for Endeavour, including off road ability, road presence, A-S-S, power etc. Ride comfort is far better in Endy and Ford knows about ride a thing or two. It has a ANC which makes the ride a very silent as well. Compass might be a 4x4 but it can not simply match Ford's, with that power/torque and height.
I know the comparison does not make much sense in terms of segments, but I am talking about my particular use case. The Compass take care of 95% of my requirements. But since this is a long term purchase decision, the Endeavour offers a lot more value for a bit more price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
If money is not a constraint, I would suggest you to go for the Endeavour 3.2 . Compass though a good product is simply no match in front of the sheer presence and commanding position that the Endeavour offers. Ergonomically as well, the endeavour wins hands down since I have driven both these cars for considerable distances.

It is likely that for the initial period you may be unable to manoevur the vehicle and be more concerned at tight spaces, but eventually once you are adapt to the size, you would love this gem of a car.

As far as support goes, I believe Ford may be better off than FCA workshops simply because the brand Ford itself was estd. much earlier than FCA in India and with its tie up with M&M, people shall be well covered for future as well.

Buy a Compass if you wish to have a smaller vehicle with better fuel economy and less of bling factor.

Both Endeavour and Compass are very accomplished vehicles and when you are spending so much, I would suggest you to go with what your heart wants, the vehicle you choose should make you feel happy about your decision regardless of what the World have to say.
Thanks for the encouragement. I do have a feeling that I wont be happy with the Compass after a couple of years. And since this is going to be a long term ownership, I want to make sure that I am satisfied with what I am buying.

Last edited by SHANKY11 : 20th January 2020 at 15:38. Reason: adding more replies
SHANKY11 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed