Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2020, 12:30   #46
BHPian

Re: 13-year old Toyota Innova - Keep or replace?

IMHO if the car is primarily for your mom, you need to ask her first, everything comes next. If she says that she wants a change, then you need to evaluate her reasons for it.

IMO if she is happy with the car, here are the other reasons why you should keep it.
1. It’s a TOYOTA! You are bound to lose more money on any other car in terms of resale.
2. Reliable, period. I have a 2003 Corolla which has done 2 lakh kms, it feels a little run down but if I get a few things done, it will be great again.
3. Comfort of Innova. No matter how you test it, you may not get a more comfortable car for your mom, especially from her perspective. Only a Crysta might do better in that sense.

Do up the seats first, make it more comfortable, other things as you feel best.
Old 30th June 2021, 18:40   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
If you are willing to go for a diesel/petrol/CNG Ertiga, sell off the Innova for 6 lakhs.

6 lakh downpayment , 4 lakh loan over 7 years will have an EMI of 6400 Rs. approx.

In city conditions,Ertiga diesel/CNG will give approx double the fuel efficiency of Innova.

1k per month running, the gain in fuel efficiency alone will pay for 50% of EMI.The Maruti resale value will recoup the rest of the EMI over 7 years. If running is low, your car will maintain good resale value.

A new BS6 diesel Ertiga will put to rest all uncertainty for next 10 years. And will allow you to sell your Innova before 15 years are up and there is some policy change regarding fitness certificate of old diesel vehicles.

At Rs. 64-70/ltr diesel in Delhi, 8kmpl for Innova, 16 kmpl for Ertiga,Rs4000 out of Rs6400 EMI will be covered by fuel savings if you use the Ertiga for 1k kms per month.

P.S. : The numbers are from the top of my head, do your own precise CA level financial calculations.
With Diesel@100 and rising, CNG Ertiga for the win!

Quoted in public interest for taking precautionary steps to combat inflationary economic pressures.
Old 30th June 2021, 20:21   #48
Senior - BHPian

Purely from a safety standpoint, I am not sure if you want to keep this. If you can afford, go for a modern and inherently more safer car/MUV. You have ample choice today than 13 yrs ago!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks