Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2020, 18:44   #1
BHPian

Buying the forgotten Renault Lodgy

We are looking for a Renault Lodgy. I understand it’s long been discontinued. Interestingly it ticks all the boxes for my friend. Highway trips for his joint family of 6 adults and a kid, requires two cars. Hiring a second car for those 3 or 4 highway runs a year, is bothering him.He is planning to dispose his sedan and buy the Lodgy. Function is preferred over form, in this case.
There is only one Lodgy in the whole of Hyderabad which is 1 year old. The discount offered is a healthy 2.8 lakhs. The problem is the colour and the variant on offer. The dealer says it’s not possible to order from the factory. Difficult to believe that.

I understand that Renault Company employees can avail huge discounts in current scenario, with Bs4 sales deadline and a discontinued product. Can anyone please provide their Renault contacts?
Thanks in advance.
Old 18th March 2020, 19:21   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Buying the forgotten Renault Lodgy

Interesting and surprising to know that your friend has shortlisted it. What is the OTR price after the discount right now? Have you tried a different dealer or perhaps directly contacting Renault with this query? If they have stock, they would surely be interested in disposing it off before the BS6 deadline kicking in and ensuring that it cannot be even sold with discounts.
Old 18th March 2020, 19:26   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendream View Post
I understand it’s long been discontinued.
Quote:
The dealer says it’s not possible to order from the factory. Difficult to believe that.
Aren't these two statements contradictory? Renault website still lists the Lodgy (but then, the website could be outdated).

https://www.renault.co.in/vehicles/p...ult-lodgy.html

Why doesn't your friend call Renault Customer Care? And if Lodgy or nothing, probably call every dealer in the area to check if they have one in stock.

Just a personal opinion: Lodgy/Renault aren't exactly the best in the world; hard to imagine why he wants to settle for a year-old car when there are other options.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 20:06   #4
BHPian

If a cheap diesel MPV is what you're looking for, why don't you check out the Marazzo M2. As the preference is function over form, i think it's a good deal. I bought one December 2019. It cost me 11.2L on the road plus accessories. It's about the same size as the Lodgy, slightly bigger. I found it easy to drive and maneuver. Solid built and feel at highway speeds. Comfortable seating. I have the 8 seater but mostly use only 4. I'm sure you'll be able to negotiate a good discount on the BS4 stocks. The m2 is kinda low on features but it gets the job done well. I'd say it's worth your consideration.
Joscyriac is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 22:28   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

In a world in which exist the Marazzo, Ertiga and Hexa, new as well as used, why would anyone want to buy a Lodgy? That too a new Lodgy? In 2020??

I am sure I am speaking for all BHPians here. Please advise your friend to look at other options.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 07:46   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

There could only be two reasons to buy a Lodgy today:

1. Price

2. Its awesome ride quality (not that the competition is uncomfortable, mind you)

Still, despite the discount you are getting, I would recommend going for a Marazzo (A+ product) or Ertiga. Both are superior to the Lodgy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendream View Post
The dealer says it’s not possible to order from the factory. Difficult to believe that.
Not difficult to believe. Since 2 months now, there have been zero dispatches from the factory. Guess its production has stopped.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks