Hyundai Creta 88 30.24%
Voters: 291. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2020, 13:30   #46
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos vs Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Just curious, did you consider the Harrier AT which would have been a D-segment car for a not-so-D segment price ?
I am currently in the same boat - Seltos/Creta/Harrier AT-> Compass. I feel that the Compass makes sense only in its 4wd avatar. Otherwise the 2wd options are better VFM.
As someone remarked, this segment/budget indeed has a bunch of great cars.

I love the Harrier, but I am not very confident about the A.S.S. Among Indian manufacturers, I would buy a Mahindra any day over a Tata. I would expect compete peace of mind with the purchase of a car, and I am willing to bet on Kia - they are replicating Hyundai's playbook in India.

Similar views for Compass, we both love the Jeep. FCA's shaky A.S.S is the deterrent apart from the huge premium that I don't think I can justify.
msnarain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 01:18   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The major differences are that the Creta has better ride quality (although it's still nowhere as cushy as the 1st-gen Creta)
Keep the above points in mind and buy whichever car appeals to you. In this segment, I would strongly recommend the ATs only.
Could you please elaborate on your recommendation of an AT only in a car of this segment.

I am also considering the Creta/Seltos but I am looking at the MT's at this point. Are there any points other than convenience, etc which I should consider?

I have written a detailed post stating my dilemma:

Post no 839,
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4861036 (2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs)

And as far as the comparison of the ride quality goes, on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest), how much better is the ride quality in the Creta?

Using the same scale, how much more comfortable are the seats in the Creta?

I would request everyone to weigh in.

Thanks.
Old 14th October 2020, 20:10   #48
BHPian

Dear bhpians,

I am contemplating to buy a daily drive , upgrading from my Ciaz petrol and on a budget, thus the two cars I have zeroed in are Creta Diesel Base E and Seltos diesel base HTE model.

No petrol because I want a turbo diesel for the thrill of power and that too at a budget. To me personally, both creta and seltos look fine in appearance and their is no bias towards any particular car in this criterion. The creta wait periods are as high as 3 months however seltos can be bought in one month wait period as suggested by the SA.

Since the price is same for both, just want inputs from you all to help me in finalising one. Is their any pertinent difference in the drive of both the cars? Things like alloy wheels and stereo won’t bother me much as I would be going for an after market setup in any of the vehicles mentioned above.
Old 14th October 2020, 21:04   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
Dear bhpians,

I am contemplating to buy a daily drive , upgrading from my Ciaz petrol and on a budget, thus the two cars I have zeroed in are Creta Diesel Base E and Seltos diesel base HTE model.

Is their any pertinent difference in the drive of both the cars?
Barring the suspension tuning and the seat comfort (and of course, the cosmetic looks inside out), everything is the same. Creta should be slightly more comfortable while Seltos has a stiffer suspension setup.

Please go ahead and test drive both the cars in manual diesel avatar. Drive it on bad roads and on fast curves and then take a call. Choose either of them based on your preference and you won't go wrong.

Last edited by ashis89 : 14th October 2020 at 21:07.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 21:22   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
Since the price is same for both, just want inputs from you all to help me in finalising one. Is their any pertinent difference in the drive of both the cars? Things like alloy wheels and stereo won’t bother me much as I would be going for an after market setup in any of the vehicles mentioned above.
The ride is stiffer in the Seltos, I prefer that. Most would prefer Creta’s ride.
Coming to other factors,
With Creta you will have a novelty factor as its a newer launch, but before long yours will be one of the many on the roads.
BTW the Seltos is available in only two colours(white and silver) in the base model. Creta can be had in all colours IIRC.( black does look beautiful).
The plastics around screen in Seltos looks cheap in base model. Your after market setup should take care of that. The alloys and audio setup will drive up your budget. Hope you gave it good thought. In Creta the alloys on top end 17 inch diamond cut look lovely. But then you need to upgrade your tyres too.(same in case of Seltos).Creta or Seltos the 16” alloys (after market or from the maker) don’t do real justice.
People say the looks of Creta grow on you but again, I say buy the one which looks impressive to your eyes in the first instance. Td both extensively. Good luck.
greendream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 00:47   #51
BHPian

Having owned Creta from Sep 2015 to until Feb this year - I can safely vouch for its quality / reliability and fuss free ownership. Even though it was the first gen and was just launched - i was mentally prepared for some niggles, but touchwood - I never had an issue.

However personally I feel styling wise Seltos is better than current gen Creta, so my Vote is for Seltos.

Again - both are good products and you cant go wrong with either.
Abhi99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 15:21   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Barring the suspension tuning and the seat comfort (and of course, the cosmetic looks inside out), everything is the same. Creta should be slightly more comfortable while Seltos has a stiffer suspension setup.
Thanks for the clarity. I am also contemplating between the two. Can you advise about the spare parts scenario. Would the spare parts be substitutable between the 2 cars? I am considering scenarios where one is in place where Kia workshops are not available, would a Hyundai Creta's spare parts (like air filter, oil filter etc.) fit the Seltos?
Old 21st October 2020, 15:34   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peak2 View Post
Thanks for the clarity. I am also contemplating between the two. Can you advise about the spare parts scenario. Would the spare parts be substitutable between the 2 cars? I am considering scenarios where one is in place where Kia workshops are not available, would a Hyundai Creta's spare parts (like air filter, oil filter etc.) fit the Seltos?
Yes, a lot of parts (but not all) would be common between the models and can be used interchangeably in an emergency. That said, to sustain the warranty of a new car, all services have to be carried out at the authorised Kia service centre.

Hope that helps.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 16:57   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peak2 View Post
Most of the engine and powertrain parts would be compatible with each other. But, this approach is best taken as a DIY since service center will not be authorized to take in a sister brands car even for basic service.
Old 12th December 2020, 22:02   #55
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for bumping up on an old thread. Going through all the recent Hyundai/Kia discussions and having experienced vehicles from both the stables I would say the interior and premium factor is more on the side for Hyundai. As for external design, Kia wins hands down. This I felt for both the Sonet/Venue & Seltos/Creta. Even after watching the Telluride/Palisade review one can arrive at such a conclusion. However if one can go with the very extreme exterior design on the Hyundai, go for it. Only make sure you can carry it off. It reminds me of Ranveer Singh's fashion sense. Definitely stands out !
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 16:47   #56
Senior - BHPian

The monthly dispatch numbers seem to convey that people still prefer the Creta over the Seltos!
Old 27th December 2020, 08:33   #57
Senior - BHPian

I'm unable to decide between the Seltos and Creta. I think i can get used to the Creta's looks over time so please give me some input.

I'm only looking at the top diesel automatic variants: HTX+GTX+ / SX O. I've done a bit of research and I'm not looking for recommendations outside these 2 top diesel variants.

I'd like to hear service expenses and my priority is diesel power to weight ratio. Which chassis is lighter and which 1.5 diesel engine has aggressive performance? I'm a sedate driver and do not drive pedal-to-metal; still, more usable power is always welcome. Also I'm not a huge fan of full LED setup but if I have to live with them, which would you recommend? I feel Creta's has a better arrangement. Thoughts? Will sure miss cornering lamps from my i20.

If possible, if someone can comment on rear seat comfort, leg room, seat width etc. I believe both have 2 step recline which is great. And, which one has quieter chimes at 80/120?

If there are facelifts coming, I'm happy to delay my purchase. Currently very happy with my i20 diesel but the urge to upgrade has set in.

Thanks and looking forward to your inputs.

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 27th December 2020 at 08:51.
Old 31st December 2020, 08:03   #58
Senior - BHPian

In terms of real world diesel AT performance there is virtually no difference between them though I understand that the Creta may be a wee bit heavier than the Seltos.
The headlights are also more or less similar in terms of throw .
No difference in the alarm/ warnings between the two.
The following additional points may help:
- Seltos feels more car like from a drivers seat position, Creta feels more SUV like.
- Seltos dashboard looks a bit more sophisticated, but Creta is a bit more user friendly( having physical controls for ICE).
- Seltos has 360 camera, which is more helpful in certain occasions.
- Creta rear seat is more comfortable than Seltos. Legroom wise there isnt much difference.
- Creta has a slightly better ride quality, whereas Seltos has slightly better handling at higher speed.
- Creta’s front bumper /overhang seems slightly better suitable than Seltos for rough patches and uneven surfaces. Neither car is an offroader or even moderate soft- roader by any stretch of imagination, whatever the driving modes may claim. The Duster/Kicks , for example, are quite superior to the Koreans in this department.
- Seltos gets 3 rear headrests vs 2 in the Creta.
- I believe the Creta Bose system sound is crisp and clearer than Seltos .But this is debatable.
Hope you arrive at your decision soon . If you cant , take a good look at the Harrier!
fhdowntheline is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 14:48   #59
BHPian

First, sorry for resurrecting this old thread.

I'm in a dilemma between Creta and Seltos.

Creta look SUV and Seltos look like a car. Also Creta's interior look very premium though it would be pain to maintain afterwards.

Price wise both are almost similar but Seltos offer more goodies for the same price for e.g. disk brakes from base model and HTK gives proper OEM rear view camera.

I have driven both with manual transmission, I agree with above comments that Seltos is joy to drive whereas I have tested Creta on extremely bad road and it gives very comfortable ride.

I was told that sunroof is not possible in Seltos because of the weak structure (or geometry of the roof) of the car where as Creta has it.

My question, is Seltos mechanically weak compared to Creta? Will it be a safe investment on safe car?

Last edited by IP_Man : 7th December 2021 at 15:00.
Old 7th December 2021, 14:54   #60
BHPian

First, sorry for resurrecting this old thread.

I'm in a dilemma between Creta and Seltos.

Creta look SUV and Seltos look like a car. Also Creta's interior look very premium though it would be pain to maintain afterwards.

Price wise both are almost similar but Seltos offer more goodies for the same price for e.g. sick brakes from base model and HTK gives proper OEM rear view camera.

I have driven both with manual transmission, I agree with above comments that Seltos is joy to drive whereas I have tested Creta on extremely bad road and it gives very comfortable ride.

I was told that sunroof is not possible in Seltos because of the weak structure (or geometry of the roof) of the car where as Creta has it.

My question, is Seltos mechanically weak compared to Creta? Will it be a safe investment on safe car?

Most Viewed