Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which one would you choose?
Tata Harrier 315 56.55%
Hyundai Creta 45 8.08%
Kia Seltos 107 19.21%
MG Hector 5 0.90%
Mahindra XUV500 10 1.80%
Jeep Compass 67 12.03%
Other (please specify in your post) 8 1.44%
Voters: 557. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2020, 12:05   #46
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier Automatic vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs others

Drove the Seltos Diesel AT for 160 kms last weekend. It was a mix of highway and twisties. I am absolutely impressed with the car. Especially in the twisties, I used the Sports mode and boy it was fun. The steering became heavy and it was a racecar like feeling with that sweet flat bottom steering.
The Harrier AT I haven't driven but as per reviews, I believe it is equally good, if not better.
I second with GTO about the Creta. I was tailing a white new Creta today and man that thing just doesn't go down well for me. The rear is absolutely polarising.
Never driven the Compass so can't comment but I like the car's styling. Very subtle and Jeep like.
The Hector isn't my cup of tea to say the least. For me, TATA over MG in terms of reliability.
DieselAnna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 12:11   #47
BHPian

Biased towards for a sedan (particularly upcoming Octavia), but if that doesn't work out, Tata Harrier would be my choice. Bigger size, fabulous looks and great effort by Tata clinches the deal.
Old 21st August 2020, 12:23   #48
BHPian

For some reason I am unable to cast my vote! But I would have voted for Harrier without any hesitation. I still haven't driven the AT version, but oh boy I love the looks of Harrier. I also heard experts praising the Hyundai sourced AT on Harrier, so going with that.

But am equally impressed with Seltos's, I was surprised to see Hyundai's cousin offering such good steering feedback. It's a complete package with great interiors.

I was wondering for quite sometime the reason why there are so many Cretas on road; then realized that everyone who owns a car need not necessarily be a Petrolhead.

Jeep - Simply Overpriced.
Hector - It's just a Gimmick, there is nothing to attract a Petrolhead.
Old 21st August 2020, 12:32   #49
BHPian

Harrier AT all the way

Its a good mix of styling , comfort, power, presence and value for money !

Money no object would be the Compass AT 4X4.

If Money was a constraint then the Seltos diesel AT.
Old 21st August 2020, 12:37   #50
BHPian

The mind says Seltos or Creta. It's a no brainer.

But the heart screams Harrier. The oomph in its looks and the lusty red/black combo melts me to make that mistake one more time. The overwhelming emotion oversees that deceiving Tata workshop that is luring me with this hot chic.

It's the same feeling as if approaching the new hot girl knowing her hot shot attitude in the college and fearing what if she says NO?

Last edited by headbanger : 21st August 2020 at 12:42.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 12:50   #51
BHPian

Its a close one between Seltos and Harrier.For me Harrier would have been a default choice if it had 4x4 (even at a higher cost) without which it's just an urban SUV.

The Seltos as an urban SUV does its job with a lot more finesse. Voted for Seltos.
Old 21st August 2020, 12:51   #52
BHPian

My vote is for Compass diesel AT. The secure feeling while on any kind of road is a reassuring factor. I had tried the previous version of Harrier. Somehow felt the car was moving all over the road. The Korean twins does bring all the bells and whistles, but indoubt would give you the comfort and secure feel, compass gives. I've not TD'd both seltos or creta.
Compass might not give the adrenaline rush, but did feel premium compared to seltos and harrier. As most suggested, price is indeed a let off. I also felt the boot space could've been better.
May be I'll wait for year end or any additional discounts.
Old 21st August 2020, 12:59   #53
BHPian

Voted for the Creta. It's a real close pick between the Creta, Seltos and The Harrier. The Creta`s design has grown on me and I like how furturistic it looks. Plus the 1.4 Turbo is a treat to drive. I love the way the Harrier looks from the front but the rear is too pale for me.

The Creta has going me for it because of the smooth gearbox plus the panoramic sunroooof!!
Old 21st August 2020, 13:08   #54
AZT
BHPian

It's not a fair fight because the Jeep is more expensive than the Creta / Seltos. Assuming all cars are in budget, voted Jeep Compass. Assuming 20 l budget, my vote would have been for the Creta SX AT Diesel with Sunroof.
Old 21st August 2020, 13:15   #55

Seltos.

Over 99% of my driving happens on city roads or inter city highways and it makes sense to optimize for driving in such conditions.

While the fan boy in me would prefer having a Thar or Harrier over Seltos / Creta, both of them won't give me a good experience in my day to day driving. Seltos checks all the boxes of being compact enough for city driving, powerful and safe enough for highway driving, and spacious and comfortable enough for a long road trip.

If Creta had a better design, I would have preferred it over Seltos due to Hyundai's better ASS.

Last edited by jagira : 21st August 2020 at 13:39. Reason: Typo
Old 21st August 2020, 13:25   #56
BHPian

Voted for the Kia Seltos.

Turbo petrols are here to stay and the Kia offers the best package here. The Creta is a better buy for families with a more welcoming rear bench but the Kia feels tighter of the two when behind the steering. I can't wait to see what the next facelift brings to the Seltos.

Love the Harrier, but with all due respect to Tata for the huge strides they have made, the Koreans feel better engineered!
Old 21st August 2020, 13:33   #57
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Love the Harrier, and the majority on TBHP seem to as well. But the the sales results show only Creta and Seltos doing well today.

Sad state of affairs. It one thing to build a good car and another to convince people about that.
Old 21st August 2020, 14:20   #58
GTB
BHPian

Voted for Seltos.

I haven't seen and drive the car yet. Voted it for the sound it made in the market. Didn't read or heard anything negative about the car yet. I heard it even de-throned the segment KING.
Old 21st August 2020, 15:31   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCar View Post
Bottom line, there is a real world poll on this. Seltos and Cretas monthly clock 10,000 votes every month. Winner of this online poll, Harrier clocks 10% of that. (And so far, MG has done at least twice of Harrier - in terms of sales). The rest pick pieces left over.
Very well put!

Is it because "first impression is the last impression" and that's where Harrier lost all the votes.

Or is it that perception isn't easy to change and that's where Tata has a long battle ahead of it. Nexon is a good product, so is Harrier, but numbers still aren't in Tata favour because of past sins maybe. Maybe the customer hasn't forgotten their last tryst with Tata.
Old 21st August 2020, 16:16   #60

I am unable to cast my vote for some reason. However, I would have voted for Harrier as I own one. Love every bit of it.

My second preference vote would go to Jeep Compass. It’s equally good looking and capable vehicle but steeply priced.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks