Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2020, 12:42   #61
BHPian

Re: Used pre-owned SUV or MPV with 3 seat rows

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Hellp BHPians,

I am looking to get a preowned car
1. Tata Hexa - There are a few Hexa's available, are mostly run less than 50k, are post 2017 models and aren't overpriced. I have been preferring an XTA 6 seater which is very rare to come by.
Hi,

I am going through the exact same quandary, have decided to go ahead with Hexa XTA.

There is a scarcity of Preowned XTA's in Hyderabad,but have found the below vehicles so far. All thanks to @varun_Hexaguy and @bageherath for helping out on this, i would not have found out on my own.

Grey XTA 2017 -- 41000 kms - i reached out to this person,he is yet to get back.

Blue Hexa XTA 2017 -- 105000 kms -- - With a dealer, lot of work has been done warranty.

White Hexa XTA 2018 -- 56000 kms -- Yet to get the price for this.

Hexa XTA 2019 -- 22000 kms -- was not interested in this one.

Hope i find and end up with one soon.

Do let us know how your search is going on.

Zaveed

Last edited by zaveed : 26th November 2020 at 12:52. Reason: Punctuation and added more details
zaveed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 12:54   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
Hi,

I am going through the exact same quandary have decided to go ahead with Hexa XTA.

There is a scarcity of Preowned XTA's in Hyderabad but have found the below so far, All thanks to @varun_Hexaguy and @bageherath for helping out on this, i would not have found out on my own.

Grey XTA 2017 -- 41000 kms - i reached out to this person,he is yet to get back.

Blue Hexa XTA 2017 -- 105000 kms -- - With a dealer, lot of work has been done warranty.

White Hexa XTA 2018 -- 56000 kms -- Yet to get the price for this.

Hexa XTA 2019 -- 22000 kms -- was not interested in this one.

Hope i find and end up with one soon.

Zaveed
I am based out of Hyderabad & in the lookout for a 7 seater as a tourer mainly Hexa. Can you share details, so that I can follow up on them too
Old 3rd December 2020, 18:21   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkikewl View Post
I am based out of Hyderabad & in the lookout for a 7 seater as a tourer mainly Hexa. Can you share details, so that I can follow up on them too
Please Check OLX, Cardekho and cars24. All the above are from these sites. Please note that the Automatic variant is not as easily available as the Manual one.

Thanks
Zaveed
Old 16th December 2020, 14:57   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Point taken about the added advantage of a bench seat but I generally dont prefer anyone sleeping in the car while in movement unless its a medical emergency and the person cannot sit. This is because they cannot wear a seat belt and would be at risk even in case of hard braking.

Thanks for sharing. Had already tried contacting this dealer for this hexa and another Innova he had. Never got a response from him
Hi Centaur,

Please let us know how the hunt going on. Have you bought the vehicle or still searching.

Zaveed
Old 1st January 2021, 13:23   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Zaveed
Quote:
Hi Centaur,

Please let us know how the hunt going on. Have you bought the vehicle or still searching.

Zaveed
I finally gave up on a pre-owned MPV/SUV with 3 row seats as most (99%) of the examples I came across had issues or were having repainted panels. This includes the Hexa and old Innova. Innova crysta was over budget and was not in consideration. I have decided to rent out/borrow as and when the need for 3 rows arises.

Finally settled with a 2015 2.0 Octavia Style Plus AT in October. It was single owner, non accidental with complete service history. Had run only around 65xxx kms and they were genuine ones. The only two (non deal breaker) issues were the colour (it was black and I generally prefer lighter tones) and the fact that it was FWD. Took inputs from Asit (forum handle - Asit.Kulkarni93), got it evaluated at an FNG (Mechanix, Thanks to Anirudh and Sushant for helping out. Sorry but don't recollect their handles) to my satisfaction and went ahead with it. Don't regret the decision one bit so far. Thanks for Mechanix being around, I don't really need to rely on Skoda ASSC either which was one of the major decision making factors.
centaur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 12:41   #66
BHPian

Quote:
I finally gave up on a pre-owned MPV/SUV with 3 row seats as most (99%) of the examples I came across had issues or were having repainted panels..
Wish you Happy miles ahead.
I was also not able to finalize the Hexa because of one or other reason. Almost made the payment for a Blue Hexa XTA 2017 with 30k on the ODO but dropped out at the last minute for another one but that deal also did not go through.

Bought a XUV W7 AT ( 2019 Model ,6650 kms on the ODO) during 4th week of Dec'20.

Zaveed
Old 11th April 2021, 22:49   #67
BHPian

SUV / MUV with comfortable seating solely for long distance travel. Budget 15 - 18 lakhs?

Hi all

I’m researching options for an SUV / MUV for my family. It’ll only be used for long distance road trips. I expect the yearly running to be below 5,000 KM.

I’m looking at going pre-owned since the usage is so low. The ideal scenario would have been not to buy a car at all - but to rent one from one of the self drive portals during holiday dates - but the demand for self drive cars during holiday seasons are very high - would have to book & plan well in advance and getting an automatic is also tough. The possibility of being allotted an abused vehicle can also happen (have read on TBHP about lot of such instances happening).

It’s not an urgent requirement - I’m planning to make the purchase some time in the second half of next year - my hope is that everyone will be vaccinated by then and we can all put COVID behind us.

I’m starting the research now since I want to get an idea of what options are there in the market.

Why SUV / MUV - why not a large sedan?

This crossed my mind - primary reason for SUV / MUV is added peace of mind when tackling bad roads + high up driving position. The first time my family did a road trip in a large car was in September 2019 when we travelled in an Innova Crysta automatic. At some point on the route to Chikmagalur, a part of the road was badly deteriorated due to heavy rains (at some places water was still gushing across the road). Since we were in a large car, there was no tension of the car bottoming out or the floor hitting anything. So, large cars do offer peace of mind in this regard.

My family has not owned a large SUV / MUV before, so this will be a new experience.

The things I’m looking for:

Middle row comfort and good ride quality

I’m putting this top of the list because our current car is a Skoda Laura. We have owed it for 10 years and have taken it to a lot of places over South India and it has never let us down. The only problem is that during long driving days (8+ hours), the rear seats can get uncomfortable.

So, in our next car, we need something where the rear passengers won’t complain and everyone can travel relaxed during a long day. We are a family of four (mom, dad, elder brother & myself).

Good ride quality over bad roads will also be a plus.

Powertrain

Gearbox - It has to be an automatic.
Engine - Majority of the SUVs / MUVs options are diesel, so I guess diesel.

Seating Configuration

Third row of seats are not essential. Captain seats preferred for middle row.

Budget

Ideally 15 Lakhs. Can stretch 2-3 lakhs.

This is the shortlist I’ve come up with:

Tata Hexa

TBH, In my mind, I already chose the Tata Hexa as the ideal car for this use case. But my family is not sold on it (detailed in this post (Tata Hexa : Official Review) )

TLDR version - very hard to find used examples on the market, concerns about service, re-sale value tanking down the line due to low volumes sold and early discontinuation of the model.

Should I keep it in my short list?

Toyota Innova Crysta

After the Hexa, this car is now top of my list. Mainly because my family is already familiar with the car due to a road trip with it during 2019.

Reliability, plenty of options in the pre-owned market, Toyota service, Re-sale value down the line are also big points in favour of it.

Cons I can think of are - pre-owned ones command a high price due to it’s popularity, exterior styling and interiors are not on par with the Hexa. The Hexa for me feels more aspirational to own than a Crysta (this is just my personal take)

Mahindra XUV500

I know nothing about this car - have never driven / travelled in one

Tata Harrier 2020 automatic

Depends if used examples can be had within my budget next year. I know nothing about this car - have never driven / travelled in one.

Should I consider European cars?

There is a selection of pre-owed European SUVs coming under my budget - main concern is cost of ownership & reliability - if the car is in for unscheduled repairs during holiday dates that can’t be good. The cars I’ve seen listed on OLX

Audi Q7
BMW X5 (E70)
Land Rover Freelander 2
Land Rover Discovery 4

I’m looking forward to reading your thoughts and recommendations (please do add more cars to the list for me to consider in case I missed any)

Best Regards

Last edited by Games Goblin : 11th April 2021 at 22:54.
Old 14th April 2021, 13:23   #68
Senior - BHPian

Re: SUV / MUV with comfortable seating solely for long distance travel. Budget 15 - 18 lakhs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Games Goblin View Post
Hi all

I’m researching options for an SUV / MUV for my family. It’ll only be used for long distance road trips. I expect the yearly running to be below 5,000 KM.

I’m looking at going pre-owned since the usage is so low. The ideal scenario would have been not to buy a car at all - but to rent one from one of the self drive portals during holiday dates - but the demand for self drive cars during holiday seasons are very high - would have to book & plan well in advance and getting an automatic is also tough. The possibility of being allotted an abused vehicle can also happen (have read on TBHP about lot of such instances happening).

It’s not an urgent requirement - I’m planning to make the purchase some time in the second half of next year - my hope is that everyone will be vaccinated by then and we can all put COVID behind us.

I’m starting the research now since I want to get an idea of what options are there in the market.

Why SUV / MUV - why not a large sedan?

This crossed my mind - primary reason for SUV / MUV is added peace of mind when tackling bad roads + high up driving position. The first time my family did a road trip in a large car was in September 2019 when we travelled in an Innova Crysta automatic. At some point on the route to Chikmagalur, a part of the road was badly deteriorated due to heavy rains (at some places water was still gushing across the road). Since we were in a large car, there was no tension of the car bottoming out or the floor hitting anything. So, large cars do offer peace of mind in this regard.

My family has not owned a large SUV / MUV before, so this will be a new experience.

The things I’m looking for:

Middle row comfort and good ride quality

I’m putting this top of the list because our current car is a Skoda Laura. We have owed it for 10 years and have taken it to a lot of places over South India and it has never let us down. The only problem is that during long driving days (8+ hours), the rear seats can get uncomfortable.

So, in our next car, we need something where the rear passengers won’t complain and everyone can travel relaxed during a long day. We are a family of four (mom, dad, elder brother & myself).

Good ride quality over bad roads will also be a plus.

Powertrain

Gearbox - It has to be an automatic.
Engine - Majority of the SUVs / MUVs options are diesel, so I guess diesel.

Seating Configuration

Third row of seats are not essential. Captain seats preferred for middle row.

Budget

Ideally 15 Lakhs. Can stretch 2-3 lakhs.

This is the shortlist I’ve come up with:

Tata Hexa

TBH, In my mind, I already chose the Tata Hexa as the ideal car for this use case. But my family is not sold on it (detailed in this post (Tata Hexa : Official Review) )

TLDR version - very hard to find used examples on the market, concerns about service, re-sale value tanking down the line due to low volumes sold and early discontinuation of the model.

Should I keep it in my short list?

Toyota Innova Crysta

After the Hexa, this car is now top of my list. Mainly because my family is already familiar with the car due to a road trip with it during 2019.

Reliability, plenty of options in the pre-owned market, Toyota service, Re-sale value down the line are also big points in favour of it.

Cons I can think of are - pre-owned ones command a high price due to it’s popularity, exterior styling and interiors are not on par with the Hexa. The Hexa for me feels more aspirational to own than a Crysta (this is just my personal take)

Mahindra XUV500

I know nothing about this car - have never driven / travelled in one

Tata Harrier 2020 automatic

Depends if used examples can be had within my budget next year. I know nothing about this car - have never driven / travelled in one.

Should I consider European cars?

There is a selection of pre-owed European SUVs coming under my budget - main concern is cost of ownership & reliability - if the car is in for unscheduled repairs during holiday dates that can’t be good. The cars I’ve seen listed on OLX

Audi Q7
BMW X5 (E70)
Land Rover Freelander 2
Land Rover Discovery 4

I’m looking forward to reading your thoughts and recommendations (please do add more cars to the list for me to consider in case I missed any)

Best Regards
For middle row comfort with captain seats, the Hexa, Innova Crysta and the Maruti Ertiga XL6 are the options you can choose from.

Avoid the European cars. These examples will be more than 7-8 yrs old and will definitely cost you in terms of maintenance.

Since you are ok with a 5 seater, the Seltos ( new ) may be an option in your budget ?
smsrini is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks