Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2020, 01:12   #46
BHPian

Re: Used Toyota Fortuner vs new Kia Seltos / Hyundai Creta

Another SUV which could come into this budget would be 2016 2.2 Ford Endeavour manual. The latest gen has shown to be fairly reliable and Fords do depreciate faster than Toyotas do so better deals to be had.

One 90k run 2016 2.2 Manual 4x4 car was shared from OLX in a Whatsapp group I'm in, about a month ago for about 16L asking price. The link for that doesn't work anymore but it does show the price trend of what a car of similar vintage could be potentially had for.
Old 12th October 2020, 17:45   #47
BHPian

We are in the same condrum as well!Planning to replace our 2011 Innova with new Seltos or Creta Diesel as our running is quite high.But,along with Seltos/Creta,considering used Innova Crysta 2.8(only if I get a less run one within Rs.20L and that too a Z version)or used Fortuner(need to spend minimum Rs.30L for a 2017-18 one)but my dad doesn't like Fortuner due to its bouncy suspension and he even doesn't prefer the Endeavour too,that's the reason we are considering new Seltos or Creta along with new(if budget permits) or used Crysta as our budget is Rs.20L.

My heart says Seltos/Creta,while head says Innova Crysta.Dad's colleagues are suggesting him to get the Crysta only as his main priority is 7 seater.
Old 3rd November 2020, 15:11   #48
BHPian

Hey guys, I started using the car and I must say I'm really happy that I decided to go for the Fortuner. Have driven around 700 kms so far. I have painted the alloys black in colour from Nandi Toyota Kanakpura Road. Costed me 20k and also upgraded the headlights to Philips LED for 5.5k. Next mod Im looking to do is a chrome delete.

Used Toyota Fortuner vs new Kia Seltos / Hyundai Creta-20201102_164717.jpg

Used Toyota Fortuner vs new Kia Seltos / Hyundai Creta-20201102_171952.jpg

Used Toyota Fortuner vs new Kia Seltos / Hyundai Creta-20201102_172109.jpg
punterccrx8s is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 10:09   #49

So I went through almost the exact same dilemma as you. I sold my 10 year old Mitsubishi Outlander in hope to pick up a New Thar. Soon after booking the car, it dawned on me that my dogs wont be comfortable there and soon went back to the car we were first looking at ie, Fortuner. We saw many, from 2009 to a 2012 to finally the one we bought.

We got a 2015, registered in 2016 with 85K on the odo. The 1st owner had exchanged this one for a Legender. ToyotaUTrust gave us an okay deal. We paid more than we should have but gave me a peace of mind. Car was completely refurbished by Toyota & we went for a full accessory delete. We removed the Chrome door handles and hood scoop. Also got rid of the front and read guards and we got the car as it would have when it left the showroom on day 1. Also it came with a full service history where the Owner had serviced the car from Lakozy Toyota very 5K Kms, also that is where we bought the car. Toyota also gave a 6 month warranty and 2 free service along with the purchase.

Being a 2015 model, was lucky to get the smoked tail lamps and grey wheels as standard. Its been 2 weeks, it still hasnt dawned on me that I own a Fortuner but im very very happy with the purchase! Will post pictures today.
siddharthsanjay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 11:36   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthsanjay View Post
Being a 2015 model, was lucky to get the smoked tail lamps and grey wheels as standard. Its been 2 weeks, it still hasnt dawned on me that I own a Fortuner but im very very happy with the purchase! Will post pictures today.
Congratulations Please do post pictures of your car. 2015 wouldve been my first choice with the all black interiors but they were way out of budget.
Old 14th March 2021, 17:45   #51

Here you go!
Unfortunately only had 2 pictures on my phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Used Toyota Fortuner vs new Kia Seltos / Hyundai Creta-img_2027.jpg  

Used Toyota Fortuner vs new Kia Seltos / Hyundai Creta-img_2028.jpg  

siddharthsanjay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 13:03   #52

Hi.... Went through the thread & loved reading every bit of it. Well firstly let me congratulate punterccrx8s for buying a very nicely maintained vehicle & I am sure you must have got a good deal onto the vehicle. Also, I shall congratulate siddharthsanjay for the ever handsome looking Fortuner.
While I am not too sure about the pricing & being a new member cannot even drop a PM, what I feel is that Fortuner is overly priced in the used market segment too. I am from Chandigarh & have been on a look out for a decently maintained Fortuner. However, even after a 4 month search, I am unable to find even a single nicely maintained (note genuine records) fortuner. To add to the misery, it feels to me that most of the cars being sold on various forums are through dealers & it is hard to find a direct seller.

While most of the discussions revolved around whether to buy a used fortuner above 1lakh on Odo or not, it is next to impossible to find a type 2 fortuner with less than 1 lakh on Odo & while there are so many superiorly engineered SUVs, way better than fortuner but to be honest I donot anyone can still match the sheer road presence of this vehicle. I am also on the same journey to find the right fortuner as per my budget & expectations & would request fellow bhpians to paas on any lead of a decently maintained fortuner be it from Chandigarh, punjab or even delhi

Last edited by Eddy : 26th July 2021 at 23:45. Reason: T-Fort = Fortuner. Please don't use acronyms for car names.
pitstop_chd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 22:40   #53
BHPian

Having a hard time myself choosing between a used Landcruiser Prado 120 4.0 V6 AT vs Kia seltos GTX Petrol Turbo AT. Highway runs, hills and mild off-roading mostly (becomes serious during monsoon-the drive back home). LC is legendary ofcourse, will do everything we throw at it with ease and with comfort. The v6 motor in it is a powerhouse. Will be roughly 6-7 lakhs cheaper. But the features on the seltos are mouthwatering. Interiors are fantastic. But small and low GC. No AWD option. New car, high depreciation. FE on both irrelevant. Thoughts anyone?

Will a modern SUV crossover appeal to an old school SUV owner?

My current daily drivers - Gypsy king, JDM pajero and Nissan Patrol GQ.
Old 20th September 2021, 14:26   #54
BHPian

Hello punterccrx8s,

Hope you are doing well. I think it's almost 1 year since you have got the Fortuner. Just wanted to check on the ownership experience. Howz the vehicle doing? I am thinking of pre-owned Fortuner. Just waiting on the official launch of XUV 700 on October 2nd. Will take a final call accordingly. So it will be New XUV 700 or pre-owned Fortuner
Old 22nd September 2021, 10:40   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAHS View Post
Hello punterccrx8s,

Hope you are doing well. I think it's almost 1 year since you have got the Fortuner. Just wanted to check on the ownership experience. Howz the vehicle doing? I am thinking of pre-owned Fortuner. Just waiting on the official launch of XUV 700 on October 2nd. Will take a final call accordingly. So it will be New XUV 700 or pre-owned Fortuner
There is a 2016 Type 2 Fortuner in TBHP classified, looks really good and is owned by BHPian "starter". Not sure if it's still available.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 17:10   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
There is a 2016 Type 2 Fortuner in TBHP classified, looks really good and is owned by BHPian "starter". Not sure if it's still available.
Thanks for the update! Checked the vehicle. It's an MT. I am looking at only AT. Don't want to drive this truck with a manual transmission

I could find few 2014/2015 Fortuners at some dealers and also Toyota U-Trust. Most of them have done about 1.25L KM. Asking price is in the range of around 16L - 18L for AT's. What do you think? Worth it?
Old 3rd February 2022, 09:24   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update! Checked the vehicle. It's an MT. I am looking at only AT. Don't want to drive this truck with a manual transmission

I could find few 2014/2015 Fortuners at some dealers and also Toyota U-Trust. Most of them have done about 1.25L KM. Asking price is in the range of around 16L - 18L for AT's. What do you think? Worth it?
Hi RAHS. I see a 2012 fortuner AT in your signature. Congratulations. Do post pictures of the same.
punterccrx8s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 15:19   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Hi RAHS. I see a 2012 fortuner AT in your signature. Congratulations. Do post pictures of the same.
Thank you mate! Yes, I got a 2012 Fortuner AT couple of months back Here is the pic taken during the Pooja
Attached Thumbnails
Used Toyota Fortuner vs new Kia Seltos / Hyundai Creta-1643881267229.jpg  

Used Toyota Fortuner vs new Kia Seltos / Hyundai Creta-1643881267217.jpg  

RAHS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 17:27   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you mate! Yes, I got a 2012 Fortuner AT couple of months back Here is the pic taken during the Pooja
Looks neat! Congratulations and happy driving
punterccrx8s is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks