Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2020, 14:43   #16
BHPian

Re: Looking for a replacement of my Mahindra Xylo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
We are looking for a replacement for our Mahindra Xylo E8 ABS Nov. 2009 model that has run 3,52,000+ kms.If Xylo would have been in production, we would have bought it.
I would recommend the XUV500W7AT model. I carry similar tools which weigh over 200 kgs 3-4 times a week. The XUVs boot goes flat & big once you fold the 3rd row. Plus the second row has a flat floor bed and can easily seat 3 people comfortably, plus this car is a breeze on highways. I have covered 675kms (chennai to kozhikode) nonstop and got out without fatigue I am attaching pics of my machinery for ref.
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for a replacement of my Mahindra Xylo-xuv-loaded.jpeg  

DieselWanderer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 17:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for not updating this thread for four days.

I and our BIL decided to check the Marazzo and XUV500 in person and visited the local Mahindra dealer on 17-11-2020.

I was disappointed with the available boot space with all three rows seats in place.

The XUV500 had the least Boot space and Marazzo had somewhat more space than the former.

The Boot Space of Xylo is 200 litres, Marazzo is 190 litres, and XUV500 is 96 litres.

There were only the M6+ 7-Seater and M2 Variants of Marazzo and a W11 Variant of XUV500 on display. I wanted to checkout the Legroom of 2nd and 3rd Rows for 8-Seater M6+ Variant but it was not available.

When I sat on 3rd Row Seat of XUV500 and M6+ 7-Seater Marazzo, I had to sit with knees up. I am 5' 10" with long legs.

I did not ask and even they did not offer Test Drive for both of them.
Also there was a Petrol XUV300 but I was not allowed to check the car from inside giving reason "The Car is ready for Delivery and we don't have keys". Did the Customer take the keys along with him after booking the car?

Our BIL told him to bring Test Drive XUV300 at our home to which the SA agreed.

Then I went to Hyundai Showroom that was next door to Mahindra's (both Dealerships belong to same family) to checkout Creta. And as expected there was no Creta for Test Drive. Not even for Display. (As if they wanted to Say- "Saar, it's the Best Selling Model and has Waiting Period of 5-6 months. Do you still expect us to keep a model for Test Drive or Display? Are you out of your mind?)

In the evening @4:30, the XUV300 W8+ arrived at our home. I and BIL took Test Drives.

I was thinking of removing the 3rd Row Seat of Marazzo and utilising the Boot Space and installing it back when necessary. I will check out at the dealership how Easy is this option for DIY.

Now a big surprise-
Our father said "It has be Marazzo". Though the booking has not been done yet.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 21st November 2020 at 18:06.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 20:50   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Now a big surprise-
If your dad is thinking of Marazzo to be as tractable and drivable as mEagle Xylo, please let him drive the Marazzo to understand the difference. The small displacement engine doesn't do any good to move the bulk of Marazzo and will stall for sure. Speedbreakers will have to be taken in 1st gear IMO, whereas Xylo will pass the speedbreaker test in 3rd or 4th gear. Also, while I too can vouch for mEagle engine's reliability, the Marazzo engine is just not in the same league.
Just my two cents.

Cheers
AB
coriollis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 21:21   #19
BHPian

If you are okay with pre worshipped cars, look for a one or two years old Lodgy or BR-V. Both these cars have the option of removing third row completely and that will generate a really huge boot.
Old 21st November 2020, 21:22   #20
BHPian

Why haven't you considered Tata Hexa?
It'll be a better upgrade to Xylo, and Marrazzo which your father is considering.
Old 21st November 2020, 23:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

Sorry I should have made this clear in the first post itself.
We are considering Only New Purchase as we can avail Depreciation. Also the car will be privately registered.

First I will take a Proper Test Drive with 4-5 Passengers and verify the infamous statement of "Marazzo feels underpowered and stalls every now and then while driving within city limits".

EDIT
Also my priority is to go for Top Variant as the Features are Factory Fitted.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 21st November 2020 at 23:41. Reason: As above
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 01:38   #22
BHPian

Quote:
First I will take a Proper Test Drive with 4-5 Passengers and verify the infamous statement of "Marazzo feels underpowered and stalls every now and then while driving within city limits".
Marazzo owner here. The Marazzo engine has plenty of grunt. You just need to understand the gearing and power delivery and you will have no problem. I stalled it only once in 2000+ kms driving mostly within the city, that too when i was new to the car.

Its a brilliant vehicle. Once you get the hang of it Marazzo is very easy to drive with smooth gearbox and light clutch and a quick electric steering. Its refinement and suspension is leagues ahead of the Xylo and even better than the Crysta. It is a terrific cruiser and is very fuel efficient as well.
Old 22nd November 2020, 01:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

11 years and 352k km is some serious running. Unless there’s going to be drastic change in your usage pattern, I think you should only get the Innova Crysta and nothing else.
landcruiser123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 15:06   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now a big surprise-
Hi. Any update ? Saw a news item about discounts on Mahindra vehicles, including the Marazzo.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 10:41   #25
BANNED

I would suggest that you consider the upcoming XUV 500 which would launch in few months. It depends upon your urgency, if you could wait then there are even more upcoming cars like Tata Gravitas and Hyundai Creta 7 seater. If you cannot wait longer and buying a new car is an immediate necessity then you should go for Mahindra Marazzo as it has scored 4-stars in adult occupant protection in the crash test conducted by the Global NCAP thus, is a safer option.
Old 11th August 2021, 19:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

Update-
Bought Hyundai Alcazar Signature Diesel 6-Seater in Polar White.

But The Xylo is still retained.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 11th August 2021 at 19:19.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks