Honda City ZX Petrol CVT 10 9.62%
Skoda Rapid Style AT TSI 5 4.81%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2020, 17:28   #61
BHPian

Re: Replacement for my Toyota Innova

Tachyonites,

I would suggest you to go for the Honda City ZX CVT as it has better power than Yaris on paper and in terms of drivability and will have better resale value over Yaris too.I've heard from my cousin that his B-I-L's 2019 Yaris CVT gives only around 10 Kmpl as per him and FE in Honda City CVT is much better than Yaris.

So,my advice is to go for Honda City ZX CVT.If we want to replace our present 2014 Honda City iDTEC,will surely go for the City CVT only.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 17:38   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Tachyonites,

I would suggest you to go for the Honda City ZX CVT as it has better power than Yaris on paper and in terms of drivability and will have better resale value over Yaris too.I've heard from my cousin that his B-I-L's 2019 Yaris CVT gives only around 10 Kmpl as per him and FE in Honda City CVT is much better than Yaris.

So,my advice is to go for Honda City ZX CVT.If we want to replace our present 2014 Honda City iDTEC,will surely go for the City CVT only.
I too feel the same that City is a better buy. Its at the top of my consideration list and most probably the car that I would buy. I am just waiting for the official Team-BHP review and I wish it comes live very soon. Thanks for your suggestion sir.
Tachyonites is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 18:59   #63
BHPian

Crysta is a great vehicle.

However, based on your requirements, Honda City seems perfect for you. And why haul around 3 rows if you won't be using them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyonites View Post
I am considering the Yaris for its practicality and reliability. City is considered for its much better drive
Yaris is a nice car. No doubt. However, I don't understand the "practicality" bit. In what ways is it more practical than the City?

And while the Yaris is probably reliable, the Honda City is also a reliable car.

Quote:
I am just waiting for the official Team-BHP review and I wish it comes live very soon.
You might have probably already seen this, but here's a short review of the City by GTO:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4852640
voldemort is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 19:12   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by voldemort View Post
You might have probably already seen this, but here's a short review of the City by GTO:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4852640
I did read this preview by GTO sir and found it very informational. Thanks a lot for sharing the link again, I would surely give it another read.
Old 29th November 2020, 21:57   #65
BHPian

Quote:
I have to humbly wait for the team-bhp review of the Honda City before I proceed.
I really hope that Team-BHP officially reviews Honda City. But given that it's been so long since the Honda City launch and after providing it's initial impression and officially reviewing other cars which were launched after Honda City, I doubt it would happen anytime soon.
sam264_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 03:01   #66
Senior - BHPian

I'm guessing your SX4 will be replaced with a bigger vehicle afterwards?

Between the Yaris & the City, I'd pick the Honda as it is more spacious. If you can get a good deal, I'd buy the previous gen City. Power-train wise, I don't think the different between the old & new City is night & day.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 08:30   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
I'm guessing your SX4 will be replaced with a bigger vehicle afterwards?

Between the Yaris & the City, I'd pick the Honda as it is more spacious. If you can get a good deal, I'd buy the previous gen City. Power-train wise, I don't think the different between the old & new City is night & day.
Yup, that is exactly my plan. I am replacing my Innova 'hypothetically'.

I do agree that City is better than the two. Honda has stopped the production of 4th Gen City Automatics. And the 4th Gen is now available in just two variants - SV and V.
Tachyonites is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 14:11   #68
BHPian

Replacement for 10 year old Innova

Hello everyone,

We have a 2011 Toyota Innova VX as well as 2014 Honda City iDTEC VMT at home and both were bought used. The Innova had just 75,000 Kms on the odo in 2016 and now, it has run 1.75L Kms, in which we have clocked 1,00,000 Kms in 4.5 years. The Honda City was bought used in 2017 when the odo was at 35,000 Kms and the present odo reading of the City is shade more than 1,05,000 Kms.

We felt that it is time to let go off the Innova as it is 10 years old and giving less FE due to which, the diesel bills are burning our pockets badly, especially after the increase in fuel rates. The Innova is reliable and we recently did a 1500 Kms trip to Tirupati and reached home safely without any issues. Now, the thing is, we are planning to sell off the Innova as we felt it is expensive to maintain due to it being a 10 year old car and despite aging well, we are still getting service bills of Rs.15-20k for every 10K Kms. It has had 2 accidents in recent times.

Hence we have decided to replace our Innova with a Creta/Seltos Diesel AT or Innova Crysta if a 7-seater is needed.

Even after being aware of Hyundai/Kia issues and the Seltos' crash test result, I'm still inclined towards Seltos/Creta due to their looks as well as decent Diesel AT engine and drivability.

Had considered the Tata Harrier and Safari but it didn't make sense spending Rs.25L on a Tata vehicle and instead, will prefer Innova Crysta over them. Dad is not in a mood to spend Rs.25L on a Tata vehicle as well.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th March 2021 at 05:19. Reason: Sentence formation, language
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 14:28   #69
BHPian

Re: Replacement for 10 year old Innova

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Even after being aware of Hyundai/Kia issues and Seltos crash test result,I'm still inclined towards Seltos/Creta due to its looks as well as decent Diesel AT engine and drivability.

Had considered the Tata Harrier and Safari but it didn't make sense spending Rs.25L on a Tata vehicle and instead,will prefer Innova Crysta over these Tatas and dad is not in a mood to spend Rs.25L on a Tata vehicle as well.
If you go for Innova Crysta, it would be a good decision. However, if not, the above line of thought you mentioned would be worth a serious reconsideration.

It remains your (and your family's) opinion and nobody can question that, but avoiding a car just because it is a Tata would be wrong (I am assuming it was rejected because of the sticker it carries without a test drive).

Of all the people I know who have owned a Tata car, right from Nano till Harrier, none seem to be ruing their decision. Yes, there would be minor niggles and bugs here and there, but long term, basic Engine - transmission is as good and reliable as the Innova (OK, I might be stretching a bit here, but you get the Idea, right?). Tata cars are well behaved, handle well and every new vehicle is better engineered than the previous one.

Kia/Hyundai anyways are not a name plate that can be highly quoted in terms of reliability either. Nor are they cheap to maintain.

My point is - Tata cars might warrant few visits to service centres starting a bit early in your ownership cycle, but over a period of 10 years, total you would spend on maintaining a Tata car would be much lesser than a Hyundai.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 20:29   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
If you go for Innova Crysta, it would be a good decision. However, if not, the above line of thought you mentioned would be worth a serious reconsideration.

It remains your (and your family's) opinion and nobody can question that, but avoiding a car just because it is a Tata would be wrong (I am assuming it was rejected because of the sticker it carries without a test drive).

Of all the people I know who have owned a Tata car, right from Nano till Harrier, none seem to be ruing their decision. Yes, there would be minor niggles and bugs here and there, but long term, basic Engine - transmission is as good and reliable as the Innova (OK, I might be stretching a bit here, but you get the Idea, right?). Tata cars are well behaved, handle well and every new vehicle is better engineered than the previous one.

Kia/Hyundai anyways are not a name plate that can be highly quoted in terms of reliability either. Nor are they cheap to maintain.

My point is - Tata cars might warrant few visits to service centres starting a bit early in your ownership cycle, but over a period of 10 years, total you would spend on maintaining a Tata car would be much lesser than a Hyundai.
Had TD'ed the Harrier as well and I loved its performance along with Range Rover'ish looks.But,still apprehensive on buying a Tata vehicle and that too a car,which costs Rs.25L and resale is the main thing which we consider before buying a car.

Thats the reason we are considering Innova Crysta,Creta/Seltos.

I don't know why many people in Team-BHP are against Hyundai/Kia these days and I feel like they are bashing the company just for its issues like brakes,safety etc.Not only Hyundai/Kia,each and every car has its own issues and even Tata Harrier has many issues,thanks to the threads in Team-BHP.

As I said before,even after being aware of Hyundai/Kia issues,I'm still inclined towards the Seltos/Creta.

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 3rd March 2021 at 20:47.
Old 3rd March 2021, 23:16   #71
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know why many people in Team-BHP are against Hyundai/Kia these days and I feel like they are bashing the company just for its issues like brakes,safety etc.Not only Hyundai/Kia,each and every car has its own issues and even Tata Harrier has many issues,thanks to the threads in Team-BHP.

As I said before,even after being aware of Hyundai/Kia issues,I'm still inclined towards the Seltos/Creta.
Buy what your heart says sir. Our advise is only for you to take a holistic approach. New car buying is not something we do every day, and we live by our choices. Hyundai/ Kia are good cars too. After all it is not by selling undercooked cars that you can grasp 2nd largest share in India. They have good cars, all of them.
I personally feel they are going way above VFM tag these days. My only grouse with them is that they have taken their premium positioning too far.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 23:26   #72
BHPian

No matter what anyone here might say to persuade you to buy any other vehicle than Innova Crysta, I'm sure you would in the end buy an Innova Crysta. That's the trend with Innova owners. Last generation Innova was so reliable because IMHO there wasn't anything (bells & whistles) in that package that could go wrong, coupled with the ownership pride and add to that the easy walk-in, walk-out comfortable MPV character, that car is definitely hard to replace for the people who value the piece of mind quotient over the value for money.

Last edited by wrongturn : 3rd March 2021 at 23:28.
wrongturn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 06:19   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
No matter what anyone here might say to persuade you to buy any other vehicle than Innova Crysta, I'm sure you would in the end buy an Innova Crysta. That's the trend with Innova owners. Last generation Innova was so reliable because IMHO there wasn't anything (bells & whistles) in that package that could go wrong, coupled with the ownership pride and add to that the easy walk-in, walk-out comfortable MPV character, that car is definitely hard to replace for the people who value the piece of mind quotient over the value for money.
Yes,even my dad is inclined towards the Innova Crysta even now,but the problem is it has become too expensive (here,Z AT costs Rs.30L OTR Hyd) and the version we are looking for is VX MT(costs Rs.26.5L here) but I'm inclined towards AT as this car will also be driven by dad as well and his car will be driven by chauffeur most of the time.

If we purchase an Innova Crysta AT(costs close to Rs.24L here),the plan is to get GX AT as the Z version is expensive by Rs.6L and instead,will get the mods done like interior(which I'll get it done like VX or Z),reverse camera attached to stock HU and others,which will cost me around Rs.1.5L and still we would be saving around Rs.5L over the Z AT and I felt that the 2021 Crysta GX AT is well equipped than our 2011 Innova VX with features like Apple Carplay and Android Auto along with cruise control but misses out on features like auto climate control and fog lamps(which I'll get it done at showroom).

For now,the plan is to sell off the Innova and get a Creta/Seltos(that will serve as second car later) and later on,we might replace our City with Innova Crysta only if my dad is not satisified with a 5 seater crossover and the crossover will be used by myself and mom,who goes to her office everyday and she will be the one,who use the car on daily basis if I move abroad this year and driven by herself as well(her age is 51 btw and she still prefers to drive an MT car even at this age but I'm persuading her to get herself an AT due to her age and she drives the car mostly in traffic all the time and she loves driving as well).

But,few people around me were like,"***,are you crazy and why are you planning to get Creta/Seltos as the replacement for Innova?" and they told,"get the Innova Crysta only as the replacement of Innova and later on,sell off the City and get yourself a Sonet Diesel AT or Seltos Diesel AT".Even my dad was like "are you crazy,who the *** will replace Innova(a MPV) with Creta/Seltos(a crossover)?"Which according to him,the Creta/Seltos feels smaller than Innova Crysta in terms of comfort and space.

And,the only thing which I still have a doubt is that whether the Seltos will be suitable as a chauffeur driven car or not!I feel the Creta is more suitable for chauffeur driven as it has better suspension tuned for comfort than the Seltos,which the suspension is tuned for cornering and for spirited driving.

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 4th March 2021 at 06:20.
car_guy1998 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 17:14   #74
BANNED

Quote:
Yes,even my dad is inclined towards the Innova Crysta even now,but the problem is it has become too expensive (here,Z AT costs Rs.30L OTR Hyd) and the version we are looking for is VX MT(costs Rs.26.5L here) but I'm inclined towards AT as this car will also be driven by dad as well and his car will be driven by chauffeur most of the time.

If we purchase an Innova Crysta AT(costs close to Rs.24L here),the plan is to get GX AT as the Z version is expensive by Rs.6L and instead,will get the mods done like interior(which I'll get it done like VX or Z),reverse camera attached to stock HU and others,which will cost me around Rs.1.5L and still we would be saving around Rs.5L over the Z AT and I felt that the 2021 Crysta GX AT is well equipped than our 2011 Innova VX with features like Apple Carplay and Android Auto along with cruise control but misses out on features like auto climate control and fog lamps(which I'll get it done at showroom).

For now,the plan is to sell off the Innova and get a Creta/Seltos(that will serve as second car later) and later on,we might replace our City with Innova Crysta only if my dad is not satisified with a 5 seater crossover and the crossover will be used by myself and mom,who goes to her office everyday and she will be the one,who use the car on daily basis if I move abroad this year and driven by herself as well(her age is 51 btw and she still prefers to drive an MT car even at this age but I'm persuading her to get herself an AT due to her age and she drives the car mostly in traffic all the time and she loves driving as well).

But,few people around me were like,"***,are you crazy and why are you planning to get Creta/Seltos as the replacement for Innova?" and they told,"get the Innova Crysta only as the replacement of Innova and later on,sell off the City and get yourself a Sonet Diesel AT or Seltos Diesel AT".Even my dad was like "are you crazy,who the *** will replace Innova(a MPV) with Creta/Seltos(a crossover)?"Which according to him,the Creta/Seltos feels smaller than Innova Crysta in terms of comfort and space.

And,the only thing which I still have a doubt is that whether the Seltos will be suitable as a chauffeur driven car or not!I feel the Creta is more suitable for chauffeur driven as it has better suspension tuned for comfort than the Seltos,which the suspension is tuned for cornering and for spirited driving.
All are great choices and it comes to personal preference. Now a days automobile Tech is highly matured and the manufacturers use all advanced techniques due to the involvement of software in design, simulation test and quick adoptions in fixing issues cutting across manufacturers. The approach may be slightly different where Koreans use cutting edge software, while Japanese use more traditional yet highquality approaches (hence you don't see radical changes), Europeans use blended one ....like that.

Innova BY design getting little boring and bit out dated as well. Probably, Toyota follows the mantra, don't change anything unless it is broken. CRETA DCT AT SX(O) The best model is around ₹ 22 Lakhs in Chennai is really awesome though I have my likings towards Kia Seltos GTX AT (almost same price for the top of the line Petrol with dual clutch automatic Bose speakers etc...). I have booked Seltos HTX IVT though with the waiting period over 3 months.

Where you need to be cautious is on the maintenance, service, support aspects. Depending on the dealership, place, people, skills,motives these things vary. But this is the case for all brands and not specific to one set of brands.
Ramchi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 19:29   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramchi View Post
All are great choices and it comes to personal preference. Now a days automobile Tech is highly matured and the manufacturers use all advanced techniques due to the involvement of software in design, simulation test and quick adoptions in fixing issues cutting across manufacturers. The approach may be slightly different where Koreans use cutting edge software, while Japanese use more traditional yet highquality approaches (hence you don't see radical changes), Europeans use blended one ....like that.

Innova BY design getting little boring and bit out dated as well. Probably, Toyota follows the mantra, don't change anything unless it is broken. CRETA DCT AT SX(O) The best model is around ₹ 22 Lakhs in Chennai is really awesome though I have my likings towards Kia Seltos GTX AT (almost same price for the top of the line Petrol with dual clutch automatic Bose speakers etc...). I have booked Seltos HTX IVT though with the waiting period over 3 months.

Where you need to be cautious is on the maintenance, service, support aspects. Depending on the dealership, place, people, skills,motives these things vary. But this is the case for all brands and not specific to one set of brands.
Thanks for the inputs sir and congrats for booking the Seltos despite being aware of recent Kia issues and niggles and recent crash result. Even after the people being aware of these gremlins of Hyundai/Kia, the Creta/Seltos duo always tops in terms of sales over other cars of same range.

But, I felt you could have bought 7DCT since it has better safety features and better performance than HTX IVT, the one you had booked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks