Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2021, 21:03   #16
BHPian

Re: Which SUV / Crossover should I buy for Rs 45 lakhs?

Are you considering a petrol Fortuner? Seems to tick quite a few boxes.
Old 18th February 2021, 21:22   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseud View Post
X1 ticks a lot of boxes but has some serious issues too. So its a tricky choice. Going for a second TD to take a call.
What in your mind are the serious issues with X1?

Tried the XC40 and loved it! Loved the design and interiors too, but wifey didn't :(

The steering felt a bit weird but got used to it. Overall, if I were the only one deciding, would have picked XC40 over X1.

Btw does anyone know what is happening with the CR-V? Talked to Honda AD's and they couldn't give me any firm ETA.

Note from Support: Please do not post back-to-back on the same thread. Use multi-quote instead. Thanks.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th February 2021 at 00:03. Reason: Consecutive posts merged.
saraf_suman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 21:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraf_suman View Post
What in your mind are the serious issues with X1?
I put the pros and cons of the X1 in this post.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...ml#post5002520 (Skoda Kodiaq vs the others)
Old 18th February 2021, 22:01   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I forgot to include this in my post, but we did TD the Tiguan All Space. I liked the car overall, the build and the fit and finish. Also when my wife drove it, while cornering she said she felt she was driving a van. Also the Tiguan All Space is longer than our XUV and it might be difficult to park in her dedicated slot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Why not check out the Fortuner while car shopping. It might not tick the luxury quotient, but since you quoted reliability and 10 year ownership it just crossed my mind. And I think it still comes in a Petrol AT avatar.
^ Fortuner is even more larger than the Tiguan AllSpace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNG19 View Post
Are you considering a petrol Fortuner? Seems to tick quite a few boxes.
^^Fortuner has a stiffer ride and is pretty big compared to a Tiguan AllSpace

Quote:
Btw does anyone know what is happening with the CR-V? Talked to Honda AD's and they couldn't give me any firm ETA.
The CR-V has been discontinued, they may have some stock left though.

I would personally pick up the X1, ticks most of the boxes OR if a SUV is not seriously needed then the 330i Sport trim.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 18th February 2021 at 22:03.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 22:02   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Civic & CR-V are discontinued and no longer sold. Dealers are only clearing their stock.
Read - https://www.indiatoday.in/auto/cars/...443-2020-12-23

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 18th February 2021 at 22:02. Reason: Added additional comments
sam264_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 09:06   #21

Why not consider the Jeep Compass 1.4 DCT Petrol, I think it ticks all of your boxes too.
darknight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 10:07   #22
BHPian

What about Citröen Aircross? New product in the market with a proven suspension setup, would definitely suffice comfort levels for city driving.
Aravind_M92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 10:20   #23
Senior - BHPian

Unless you’ve promised her car from a premium brand, try a Toyota Innova ZX 2.7 AT. It is the perfect family car and being petrol powered, the refinement will be top notch. The Fortuner will also be a worth a look, but you’d compromise Innova’s compliant ride for the butch look of the Fortuner.

Note, the Innova is a please all, offend none type of car. If you’re wife is a car-girl, buy her the German SUV she wants.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 13:51   #24
BHPian

My two bits worth. If you are going to keep the car for 10yrs, I recommend the Mercedes GLA.
Simple reason, Mercedes-Benz India is still the No.1 in the Luxury Car Segment. And has the biggest inventory of spares.
I purchased a GLC 200 just before Diwali 2020.
( I still have to put a review on team-bhp, which I will soon. Due to work pressure, I have not been able to so, My Bad.)
Mercedes-Benz India is giving a 3 year warranty ( abroad, you get 4 years), I purchased additional 3 years warranty, cost 3lakh +
Since, like you, I intend to keep the car for atleast 10 years, I have the option to purchase a comprehensive service package for 10years or 200,000 kms, whichever comes first.
I have taken the decision to do so, which I have to exercise before the First Service.
For a GLC the amount comes to Rs.9lakhs+
For a GLA, it should be substantially less.
Keeping in view the depreciation of the Rupee, God knows what will be cost of maintenance over the next decade.
FYI, my Ford Fiesta 1.6SXI ( Classic shape)has been serviced for past 9 years only at SC Ford. Now that they have ceased operations, I will now have to select another Ford ASS.
Likewise, I have no intention of servicing my GLC at a private garage irrespective of the cost, as long as I own it.
Ownership of The Star is a feeling that's priceless.
Hope my opinion helps you to come to a decision.
Old 28th February 2021, 14:04   #25
BHPian

I think it's among German trio she is out after. My suggestion is why don't you check X1 Msport variant also with better appointed interior color option, alloys, and color options. I liked it more than the regular X1 when I was out buying. And if you can wait it's worth waiting for GLA, it looks far far better than the current gen model which looks more like a hatchback on steroids.
Puneet0051 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 17:44   #26
BHPian

Saraf_suman, I will be following this thread with an eagle eye, as I am also looking out in the same lines.
Thought of the Lexus NX, but way too above the thought of budget.
Are you looking at any of the Mini's? Countryman or clubman?
Any of our BHPians own a Lexus NX?
Old 28th February 2021, 17:49   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
To all those recommending the Tiguan / Allspace, keep in mind that it has a stiff suspension and that can be a deal breaker for me. It's the primary reason I would never consider the car. Ride comfort is super important to a majority of customers.

My sister & brother-in-law bought a Tiguan in 2019. They HATE taking it to Pawna.
Agree with you, we have the 2018 Tiguan and it has a very stiff suspension. Drives on bad roads are quite bumpy, it defeats the purpose of an SUV.
Old 28th February 2021, 18:05   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

Need some advice for a new SUV(ish) car for my wife. She has been driving our XUV500 for the last 9+ years and we need to replace it in the next few months (will be 10 years old in Dec 2021, done 79K). We have the following constraints:

1) Petrol engine, AT

2) Mostly used for city driving in Gurgaon and sparingly for long drives. Gurgaon pot holes worry me so GC would be an important factor

3) I expect it be be driven ~10K kms per year

4) Most days my wife would be the only one driving it or ferrying one of the kids. On weekends we could be 4 or 5 (if our Dad joins us).

5) Would like ample cabin space, comfort, safety and driving pleasure

6) Would like a smooth and hassle free experience so don't want to try new, untested cars especially ones without a proper ASS network. We plan to keep it for ~10 years

7) We had started looking at the Hector, Creta and Seltos but my wife is veering towards something more aspirational and premium so we didn't even test drive them :(

8) Budget is ~45L, all inclusive

9) Our other car is an Audi A4 petrol which I use for my office commute

I haven't looked for a car in the last 4 years and am left thoroughly confused now. We test drove the Q2 and X1. Of the two, Q2 felt cramped and despite the heavy discounts, it is out of contention. We kind of liked the X1 and I was going to pull the trigger on it (X1 Xline), but my friend (a car nerd) suggested I wait for the newer X1, especially one with xDrive. He strongly felt X1 doesn't have the BMW DNA is based on an antiquated platform.

I have no idea when the new GLA would arrive and how it would be priced. Are there any other options I should be evaluating? Would appreciate your suggestions and advice.

Thank you!
I would’ve suggested to look at the Tiguan All space or wait for the new Kodiaq. Even the new 5 seater Tiguan is one it’s way. They offer you far more value for money than their price tags. Replace the Skoda logo with an Audi one in a Kodiaq and, it wouldn’t feel out of place. But, given your wife’s comments about the Tiguan feeling like a Van, the Kodiaq will feel worse.

Don’t go for the X1, it doesn’t feel like a BMW at all. It’s like the Q2, you just pay for the badge nothing else.
My 2 cents:
If you can go for a diesel, pick the Endeavour anyday. It is the best option IMO and, you wife will love the intimidating stance it has in traffic

Last edited by Schneller : 28th February 2021 at 18:11.
Schneller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 20:24   #29
BHPian

My 2 cents, after having booked the car.

The X1 stands out in terms of driveability and sheer pleasure. I am sure the other variants would be more 'BMW like' but frankly I didnt drive them nor were they in the price bracket that the OP is looking (nor me). There are minuses which I had listed in my earlier thread but in the end, the ride quality and the driving pleasure was not there with the others.

The Volvo XC40 i also nice but also a bit boring and in black interiors looks a bit dark and its a good 5-10 lakhs more expensive.

The Kodiaqs and Tiguain 5-seaters are not available, unless you are willing to wait for an unknown date.

The other options, the Fortuner and Endeavor are diesel, so ruling them out for the OP.
Old 28th February 2021, 20:34   #30
BHPian

Please avoid Q2 like you already mentioned. I would prefer Volvo XC40 over X1 anyday. GLA will be coming soon but it will be cramped again for your requirements.

My preference - XC40, X1, GLA, Q2.

Most Viewed