Tata Harrier 190 31.05%
Tata Safari 422 68.95%
Voters: 612. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2021, 14:34   #16
KPR
BANNED

Re: Tata Harrier vs Tata Safari

No for both the cars. I'm of the opinion that Tatas and Mahindras aren't worth north of 20L. Period.
KPR is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 15:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Voted Harrier.
Reasons -
1. PtW Ratio (assuming similar torque curve)
2. Laden GC
3. Both are FWD so my preference would be the lighter one

But I wouldn't buy either. The old Hexa - I wish!
roy_libran is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 15:20   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
as a Harrier owner, IMHO Tata has ruined that gorgeous design while creating the safari. the front and rear just dont gel.
If only they had taken a little more effort and redesigned the front of the 2021 Safari, it would have created a better distinction between these two siblings.

For me, I am happy with the Storme. 14L OTR I have all that I use except the 4x4 option. Storme has allowed us to travel with a person stretched across at the back when situation demanded it (of course with the bench seat removed). I often carry lot of stuff in it. FE is fine too. And that gem of a 2.2 Varicor engine.

I abstain my vote
condor is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 15:38   #19
BHPian

I just can't decide!
Both are such fantastic products, anyone with a budget of 25lacs on road will spend some sleepless nights.
For me, it is either the Harrier top end in dark edition or the super real 'badass' (pun intended) looking Adventure persona Safari.
However, anyone with a strict budget or someone who is stretching with a budget for Korean twins to the Tata twins, it will a dilemma whether to chose a lower variant of the Safari or go for a higher equivalent variant of the Harrier. Sure, for someone who has a good budget, the Safari top-end is the way to go.. Interesting times and sleepless nights for buyers ahead.
Candy$Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 15:41   #20
BHPian

Voted for Harrier.

I'd rather buy a comfortable and spacious 5 seater with that good boot space than a compromised 7 seater for my outstation trips. Plus, Harrier looks sexier than the Safari with almost 95% of spec and feature set. I am sure discounts are coming the Harrier's way pretty soon, making it even better value.

As for the Safari, I can't shrug off the feeling that if there was nepotism in the car world, the new Safari would be its poster boy!

Last edited by museycal : 23rd February 2021 at 15:43.
museycal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 15:45   #21
BHPian

Tata: This is the all new Safari...
Me: Shut up and take my money !

Yeah, at the beginning I was very critical about using the Safari name. But Tata proved me wrong. I would pick up the Safari any day over the Harrier. The Safari is bigger, more practical and looks better (in my opinion).

The only thing they have to do now is give the Safari 4WD and fix of all of the small problems.

Last edited by Sheel : 23rd February 2021 at 17:16. Reason: Punctuation spacing.
Eshan Joshi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 16:10   #22
BHPian

Safari all the way. the added convenience of the 7 seats is in itself a big pull. If I am spending 20+ Lakhs might as well make sure I dont need to borrow an extra car for 5 + passengers.
charanreddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 16:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

I love 7 seater, for the practicality they offer. That said Safari loses big time on boot space when all seas are up. But hey, if you are traveling 5 people just tumble down those 3rd row and yo are sorted. If you have a micro family pick up the bucket seat version, they should be supremely comfortable.

While I never aspired for Safari, brand has huge fan base. I am convinced this will end up eating Harrier and Hector's market.
PrideRed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 16:32   #24
BHPian

These Safari and Harrier prices are like the gym membership or french fries in a fast-food restaurant pricing. By paying 10% more you get 40% more . You need to be a zen monk to take only what you need. I will take the "family pack" here, hence the vote for Safari!

Due credit to the stand-up comedian "Angad Singh" who made this joke first.

Last edited by shobhit.shri : 23rd February 2021 at 16:35.
shobhit.shri is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 16:52   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
as a Harrier owner, IMHO Tata has ruined that gorgeous design while creating the safari. the front and rear just dont gel. So for me, its the Harrier anyway unless one absolutely need 7 seats. Also, I am not a fan of electronic parking brakes, so that's another downer in my book for the Safari.
You just echoed my thoughts. However much I try, I am unable to appreciate the safari design language. The rear 30% doesn't match the first 70%. However I seriously wish tata to succeed with both the cars.
Old 23rd February 2021, 17:20   #26
BHPian

How does the Safari ride quality compare to the Hexa's? I guess this also means that BS6 Hexa is a no-show now. Tata waited to see the reception for the Safari - if it starts selling, then retire the Hexa.
Old 23rd February 2021, 18:22   #27
Senior - BHPian

Voted Safari for added space. I don't like certain "upgrades" in Safari though - that E brake for example. Also in my book, Harrier looks better. Especially the rear end. I'm undecided about the side profile.
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 18:32   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
No for both the cars. I'm of the opinion that Tatas and Mahindras aren't worth north of 20L. Period.
C'mon man, times change, and so will the general perception about our homegrown brands!

Sure, Tata and Mahindra need to up their game to match the fineness, fit and finish, A.S.S and almost everything, to match the Koreans or the Japs in the SUV space, but hey..everyone deserves a chance to prove themselves, right!

M&M first did it with Scorpio, followed by the XUV500 (I still remember the lottery system introduce to allot the 1st batch of XUVs when it was launched in '11). Tata followed up with the Aria first (good prduct, horrible pricing), then the Hexa (many affirm it's superior vis-a-vis the Innova), the Harrier (1.0 was a testbed, 2.0 a more refined product) and finally - the Gravitas <--> Safari (enough has been said about this product, already!).

It's not the first time I have come across someone not confident to put 20 big ones on Tata/M&M..my advise to all of them is - try it out/wait for sometime and then judge the efforts put by these automakers - after all, we eventually need to appreciate what's good

PS - I'm a TaMo and M&M share holder
jigar1791@gmail is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 19:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Safari.
Biggest reason : Emotive name. My dad wanted to buy Safari and the sheer brilliance of its advertisement makes one feel like Safari should be part of garage. Name this new Safari as Gravitas and "rivals are better" thought would spark in brain at once. Tata is moving smartly in these contemporary times. Logically speaking, Safari isnt' that longer than Harrier, but packs in quite a lot more in my opinion. Only if Tata had the might (technically, financially) to launch Sierra. I know market placement would not be that easy, but still. Such pricing overlaps can be easily put away with when products appeal to different segment. Harrier : practical 5 seater, Safari : 7 seater, Sierra : 5 seater but on two doors + rear hatch. Would cover different personas.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 19:23   #30
BHPian

I feel TATA kind of ruined the looks of Safari and they could've tried to retain the old safari look. Unless there is absolute necessary of 7 seater, I would prefer Harrier over Safari any day. Kudos to TATA for the brilliant ads of Safari though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks