View Poll Results: Your choice?
Tata Harrier 190 31.05%
Tata Safari 422 68.95%
Voters: 612. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2021, 16:22   #106
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier vs Tata Safari

Voted for the Safari. I think the design is much more proportioned in the guise of the safari than the harrier. Also, the rear discs are an upgrade that is a no-brainer really. As regards the utility of the last row of seats, to each his own. Some do find it useful, some detest the idea completely. Also, the safari does deserve an AWD system at the very least, if not a proper low range box. Its addition will complete the safari as a package! The price will go up, but honestly, how many AWD options do people have around the 30 Lac bracket that offer the kind of space and presence of the safari? My hexa is winking at me from the garage as I type this post though
Old 27th February 2021, 21:28   #107
BHPian

Voted for Safari.
In terms of exterior looks, the Harrier looks far more proportionate and superior, specially the Dark version. Only the Adventure edition of Safari comes close to the Harrier. But in terms of interiors, the Safari has much more to offer.
Old 27th February 2021, 21:44   #108
GTB
BHPian

Voted for Safari.

Harrier was for me all the time. Safari never drew my attention to watch any reviews on youtube. After watching the attached ad-film, Safari it is. to the people behind the ad-film.
GTB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 10:22   #109
Senior - BHPian

With a sensible price difference between the two, Safari it is for me! But the white interiors are a bummer which is something am ignoring for now.
Old 28th February 2021, 10:53   #110
BHPian

I voted for the Safari specifically for the White interiors. I know it’ll be difficult to maintain but boy, does it look gorgeous!
Puffdamgcdragon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 09:47   #111
BHPian

I think the safari is one of those cars which one would be more impressed with the design language of the read end than the front.

If the front were to be more boxier and squared off, it would have made even more of an appeal than what it is now. Plus clear product differentiation in terms of looks.

I Vote for Safari.
TorqMaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 14:03   #112

Booked a Harrier XZA model after waiting for and considering the Safari. Hence, our vote and more importantly money is for Harrier.

The main consideration was the on-road price difference, which as explained below, is currently way more than 1 lakh
1.35 lakh (Ex-showroom) + 20k (RTO charges) + 25k (Cash Discount) + 0 to 40k (Exchange Bonus) + 0 to 10k (Corp. Discount) + 0 to 10k (Dealer Discount - in cash or accessories) = Total 1.8 to 2.40 lakhs

While we would have loved to have a pair of extra seats, given the price difference and low practical use for us, Harrier was an easy pick.
Abhiyaantrik is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 11:34   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhiyaantrik View Post
Booked a Harrier XZA model after waiting for and considering the Safari. Hence, our vote and more importantly money is for Harrier.

The main consideration was the on-road price difference, which as explained below, is currently way more than 1 lakh
1.35 lakh (Ex-showroom) + 20k (RTO charges) + 25k (Cash Discount) + 0 to 40k (Exchange Bonus) + 0 to 10k (Corp. Discount) + 0 to 10k (Dealer Discount - in cash or accessories) = Total 1.8 to 2.40 lakhs

While we would have loved to have a pair of extra seats, given the price difference and low practical use for us, Harrier was an easy pick.
Congratulations on the Harrier! Was in a similar dilemma and after multiple test drives, going over the feature differences and trying to put a rupee value to each of those additions, finalised on the safari! We were looking at the XZA+ variant on both the cars and the dealerships here in Bangalore were only offering a corporate discount of 5k on this variant for the harrier, all variants below the xza+ were being offered an additional bonus of 25k so, the on road price difference between the two cars in KA03 was 1.6L which isn’t too much at all for the additional features in the safari. The 40k exchange bonus although a good offer on the harrier across all models, they under evaluated my current car by a good 50-60K compared to the initial assessment by cars24.

Hence, voted for the safari! The xza+ variant seems like a vfm upgrade over the xza+ harrier in particular.
Old 3rd August 2021, 19:25   #114

Dear fellow BHP-ians,

Seek your knowledge and valued inputs to help me decide between the Harrier and Safari. I drive a 2015 XUV500 W6 and am looking for an upgrade to a capable SUV. Wife loves the Dark Edition Harrier whereas I fell for Adventure Persona Safari. Test drove both the vehicles and came back even confused hence seek your views as follows:

1. Ride quality: TD the 2020 Harrier Dark Edition (17" rims) and it felt more absorbent of rode undulations and potholes compared to the Safari. Not sure if the TD Safari had an issue but we bumps seemed to creep into the cabin relatively more in the Safari. I understand the tire wall difference is 5% but between that and the additional weight of Safari, is it likely to create such a noticeable difference in cushiness of the ride? Saw almost all YouTube reviews of Safari and most of them claimed 'Safari's suspension has been retuned and ride is cushier etc. etc....' but my experience was opposite.

2. The new Harrier 2021 Dark Edition, which we loved the looks of, has R18 rims. Should I expect it to also convey road bumps like Safari? No dealer seems to have 2021 Dark Edition TD vehicle in Mumbai so unable to confirm this.

3. Is there any way to turn the 'Auto Hold' function off in Safari? While useful, I did not find its functioning very smooth and had to press the Accelerator harder for it to launch like the Harrier does (yes i love that signal launch feeling sometimes :P). It felt a bit irritating and jerky. Is this observation an outlier?

4. Is the ride quality compromise in Safari offset by the comfort offered by captain seat arrangement for 2nd row passengers? Reviewers say the seats are narrow but I found them to be fine. Could not TD to check them though.

Thanks in advance for your time and suggestions
Nemesis_500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 19:39   #115
BHPian

Voted for the Tata Safari for those extra seats and the big car look from side profile and rear, all this with only minimal extra over Harrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A from Lonavla:
Attachment 2124809
GTO, what do you mods prefer, Kamat's or RamaKrishna during these drives.
Old 12th August 2021, 16:16   #116
BHPian

A quick ques here:

Isn't leg room of Safari for 2nd row bench style lesser than Harrier if we plan to use Safari as 5 seater always ?
Old 3rd January 2022, 22:47   #117
BHPian

Harrier needs all wheel drive and rear disc brakes - it is such a sexy looking car - design dynamics if complimented by driving dynamics, would just change the profile of the car to even above Safari. Safari need to compete with Xuv 700. Harrier needs to be it's own benchmark - above creta but below tuscon.
manolin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 14:27   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quite the thread to ask this question, for my nephew.

Which one to pick ?
Safari XZ+ Adventure vs Safari XZ+ vs Safari XT+ vs Harrier XZ+

Prices:
Safari XZ+ Adventure 28.45L
Safari XZ+ 26.31L
Safari XT+ 23.69L
Harrier XZ+ 25.54L

Harrier - only the Top End model is considered.

Is it worth to go for XZ Top end and adventure persona is worth to invest additional 3.5 lakh over XT+ model, or about 5 for the unique color scheme of the Adventure persona

Missing features in XT+ model as below. For about 3L more, all these can be got in the XZ+ model

1.Leather seat
2. Ventilated seats
3. JBL speakers 8 units
4. 10 inch display
5. Terrain mode
6. 8 air bags
7. Electronic parking break
8. Auto dim IRVM
9. Cornering head lamp

Key points:
Terrain Mode will be useful at times (rainy season) in the locations it will be driven to.

Wants to have Ventilated seats

White leather is not preferred due to two kids in the family, and the seats are expected to get dirty.

Cornering head lamps are useful. Not much of an audio person, hence this is not a must have. The display size is not a deal breaker.

Number of air-bags, though important, is being seen as part of the package, and not a deal-breaker.

He feels that the Harrier's luggage space is lesser than that of the Safari - the relatively sloping roof possibly contributing to it. However, the Safari's last row seat-back is hollowed out, Hence will the seat's back side part take the load of luggage without any problems ?

As you would gathered, 7 seater is not a must have. It's mostly a family of 3+2. With kids, the luggage will be there, esp on long drives.

I have not checked the twins in person, but will do it soon. However, I want to hear from you all, especially from folks who have decided between these two models. XUV or Innova etc are not in contention, hence let's look at just these two.

Update:

I checked the brochure on the Tata Motors website. (Above details are from his message to me)

The only differences I see between Adventure and XZ+ is the color schemes (inside/outside) and the type of alloy wheel. Personally, I am not finding it worth to pay extra for these over the Safari XZ+

Last edited by Axe77 : 28th March 2022 at 22:34. Reason: As requested.
Old 11th December 2022, 19:06   #119
BHPian

Urgent help to make a purchase decision | Safari vs Harrier vs Compass

I need to replace my 5 year old Renault Captur. I wish to stick to diesel cars. It seems April 2023 onwards BS 6.2 norms will be implemented. I am worried will it further decrease the fun factor of diesel engine and of course price is expected to be increased.

My options seems to be very limited. Since its December, companies are giving good deals. I have shortlisted Tata Safari> Harrier and Jeep compass Limited>Night eagle.
Tata has upcoming facelift but they will be coming with new updated diesel engine. So should I wait or buy a Jeep Compass?

I have also considered Mg Zs EV and Kona Face lift (yet to launched).

Last edited by Axe77 : 11th December 2022 at 20:22. Reason: Formatting (spacing)
Old 11th December 2022, 21:47   #120
Senior - BHPian

Re: Urgent help to make a purchase decision | Safari vs Harrier vs Compass

I would recommend going through the forum before purchasing a Safari or a Harrier or a Compass. Literally all the cars you have shortlisted have got a range of horror stories on our forum so it might be worth reading up on before taking the plunge. Why not check out the Citroen C5 instead?
IshaanIan is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks