Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2021, 22:27   #46
BHPian

Re: Which AT Compact SUV for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saminxs View Post
Thanks man! Yes I thought so and was surprised when the sales guy mentioned 2 airbags. But if its 6 airbags then its cool.

Also, since you have posted some replies on Eco Sport in other similar threads, would you opine on whether AT makes more sense vis a vis MT? I wanted Automatic this time round but Sports MT looks much more cool and sporty and has larger infotainment screen but does not have AT so I am kind of confused.

Also on ghats and hilly areas I find that I can control vehicle better in Manual transmission. Is my understanding correct?
1. It depends on your use case, if you are going to be chauffeur driven or this car is mainly for the highways then get the MT but if you're going to be driving and it's mainly going to be used for city driving then the AT makes more sense for the ease of driving it offers( unless you are a 100% enthusiast and absolutely love driving a manual). The only difference between the Titanium+ AT and Sports MT apart from the transmission is the availability of Android Auto/ Apple Carplay in the Sports and the Dual tone colors with the smoked HID headlamps. If any of these features is a deal breaker then you have your answer. Additionally, if you can wait until May/August of this year, there might be news of a new generation Ecosport and the Kushaq/Taigun would be available.

2. Yes, usually it is always easier to control a vehicle on ghats if its a manual however, the Ecosport AT comes with paddle shifters which make it just as easy to be in control of what gear you are in. Do try taking a TD of the Automatic and use the paddle shifters on an empty stretch of road.
Shiftlock is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 08:12   #47
BHPian

As many suggested the whole scenario is going to change when Kushaq, Taigun are launched.
Lock down has postponed a lot of things along with car launches. I think car purchase decisions too could shift
Leem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 00:28   #48
BHPian

What is the reason that Duster is not there in your list? Renault's uncertain future? If not, then that seems to be a worthy consideration. It has sweet petrol and comfortable ride quality.
vtecblast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 15:16   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecblast View Post
What is the reason that Duster is not there in your list? Renault's uncertain future? If not, then that seems to be a worthy consideration. It has sweet petrol and comfortable ride quality.
The Renault Duster & even Terrano for that matter never appealed to me. Well, it wad a contender even 5 years back when we were getting the Creta. If I didn’t get it back then, 5 years later that car is not even in the list.

It surely is a good car, no offence meant; but it’s too too basic, with lack of features, not so great ergonomics & a design older than my 1st gen Creta.

Just to mention, I have driven the new 1.3 L turbo engine car & it surelt drives well. But, apart from that, there’s nothing intresting about this car.

Update: Presently we have decided to kinda hold on till the Kushaq is launched, or should I say unveiled which is next week. The two upcoming german cars definitely look promising & if at all we finalize on spending 15L on the Sonet (sub 4m), I think it would make sense to plonk that money on a Skoda compact SUV, even though in a lower state of tune i.e. 1.0 TSI.

I truly hope that Skoda prices the car well.

So for now, the dilemma still continues.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 13:40   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post

Update: Presently we have decided to kinda hold on till the Kushaq is launched, or should I say unveiled which is next week. The two upcoming german cars definitely look promising & if at all we finalize on spending 15L on the Sonet (sub 4m), I think it would make sense to plonk that money on a Skoda compact SUV, even though in a lower state of tune i.e. 1.0 TSI.

Same here ... Eagerly waiting ...
Saminxs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 22:13   #51
BHPian

[quote=GTO;5012636]1. Buy the better car so you keep it for longer! The Sonet is the best of the lot. It has the best engine + gearbox combinations, just the right suspension tune and quality / features. The car is expensive, yes, but totally worth it in my opinion. You already own two cars that drive well, hence it is important to pick something that makes you "feel good" - please read this thread of mine (How a more expensive car can work out cheaper (if you hold onto it for longer)), get the Sonet and keep it for 10 years.

Which one are you referring to, the Diesel AT or the Petrol DCT. This pandemic is just not ending, I’m waiting for that to go finalise on the Sonet. I was seriously considering the XUV300 but the reviews here and the post on the suspension issue by you GTO made it easy to decide for me on the Sonet. Now only to choose between the two options I have asked about. Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 23:39   #52
BHPian

[quote=GTO;5012636]1. Buy the better car so you keep it for longer! The Sonet is the best of the lot. It has the best engine + gearbox combinations, just the right suspension tune and quality / features. The car is expensive, yes, but totally worth it in my opinion. You already own two cars that drive well, hence it is important to pick something that makes you "feel good" - please read this thread of mine (How a more expensive car can work out cheaper (if you hold onto it for longer)), get the Sonet and keep it for 10 years.

Which one are you referring to, the Diesel AT or the Petrol DCT. This pandemic is just not ending, I’m waiting for that to go finalise on the Sonet. I was seriously considering the XUV300 but the reviews here and the post on the suspension issue by you GTO made it easy to decide for me on the Sonet. Now only to choose between the two options I have asked about. Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 19:14   #53
BHPian

Quote:

So reviving the thread after 4 months!!

After eagerly waiting for the Kushaq and having seen the car up close, TD's and more importantly the price; I don't quite feel I am pulled towards it. It surely is a good car as many have mentioned in the respective thread, but than somehow it didn't pull my heart strings.

Also, as there were these speculations that the 1.0L AT mid variants will be aggressively priced (somewhat in-line with top-end Sonet); also didn't happen. Skoda probably overpriced it or maybe I was expecting too much!

So that is the end of story for me as long as the Kushaq is concerned.

That brings me back to the SC SUV segment !

With all the suggestions from you guys and further evaluations, I have striked out the Magnite from my list. Also, the only dealer here in Goa seems to have closed down the operations. I got the booking amount refunded.

And finally, we're left with the SONET! Seems like Sonet it was right from the start and I really had my heart on this beauty.

So now, Kia launching the D AT in the HTX variant has only made things a bit confusing for me. I mean, 4 months back it was only the GTX+ (I hadn't considered the HTK+) and that was the only option for me.

But as things stand today, the HTX variant is well-kitted for the price! No wonder why this variant is the most selling. I am now contemplating on whether to settle for the HTX trim or spend those extra 2.30 L OTR and go for the GTX+.
From what it seems, the GTX+ is surely a more future-proof car with features like the cooled seats, bigger infotainment, 6 airbags, etc. But is it really worth spending those 2.30 L on this jump?

Also, the HTX misses out on a few basic features like the rear wash-wipe, auto-dimming IRVM. Don't understand what's up with the Hyundai / Kia and the rear wash-wipe!!

I have seen that many BHPians who were waiting for the Kushaq have now switched to the Sonet! I would love to hear from you guys on this; will definitely help me to make an informed decision.
ashvek3141 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 19:25   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am now contemplating on whether to settle for the HTX trim or spend those extra 2.30 L OTR and go for the GTX+.
From what it seems, the GTX+ is surely a more future-proof car with features like the cooled seats, bigger infotainment, 6 airbags, etc.
You already have the answer for this. From what I understand, you generally keep the car for a long time. Hence it's always a wise thing to buy the top trim and don't give yourself the chance to have a regret later on. Ventilated seats would surely be a boon in hot and humid Goa weather besides the safety net of 6 airbags and ESC importantly. You won't regret picking GTX+, go for it. Best of luck
Bibendum90949 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 21:36   #55
BHPian

Quote:
From what it seems, the GTX+ is surely a more future-proof car with features like the cooled seats, bigger infotainment, 6 airbags, etc. But is it really worth spending those 2.30 L on this jump?
Yes, absolutely worth spending for the additional airbags alone, leaving alone other factors such ventilated seats, better ICE etc..

You should go for it
searacer932 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 01:19   #56
BHPian

Quote:
But as things stand today, the HTX variant is well-kitted for the price! No wonder why this variant is the most selling. I am now contemplating on whether to settle for the HTX trim or spend those extra 2.30 L OTR and go for the GTX+.

Also, the HTX misses out on a few basic features like the rear wash-wipe, auto-dimming IRVM. Don't understand what's up with the Hyundai / Kia and the rear wash-wipe!!

I have seen that many BHPians who were waiting for the Kushaq have now switched to the Sonet! I would love to hear from you guys on this; will definitely help me to make an informed decision.
If I was in your place, I would definitely choose the GTX+ Diesel AT over HTX Diesel AT as it has features like additional airbags (though the HTX Diesel AT has safety features like ESP, TC, VSM, HA), rear wiper and washer, ventilated seats!

IMO, spending an extra 2.3L on GTX+ over HTX makes sense if you want to keep the car for a longer period, and after few years of ownership, you might regret yourself opting for the mid variant over the top variant, which has additional airbags and other features!
car_guy1998 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 08:36   #57
BHPian

Need a new car in Ananthapur

So this is for our very close relatives. They stay near Ananthapur, so are strictly looking for cars which are available and serviceable in Ananthapur only.
They were eyeing for the top spec Kia Sonet or a mid spec Kia Seltos. But both me and my uncle suggested against Kia for the poor structural strength. They even looked at the Verna, but were turned down due to the low ground clearance. I had suggested the Tata Nexon Diesel, which they had looked at but turned down due to some unknown reason. I asked them to look at the car once again.

Suggestions are welcomed.

Budget: 10-15 lacs, can stretch to 17 at the max
Fuel type: Diesel
Tranny: Manual
Should be available in Ananthapur ONLY

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by saikishor : 26th July 2021 at 08:41. Reason: Budget
Old 26th July 2021, 09:07   #58
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need a new car in Ananthapur

They could consider skoda kushaq Or Hyundai Creta.

Both skoda & Hyundai have dealerships in Anantapur.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 09:20   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post
Suggestions are welcomed.
As their requirements are still not very clear, I'd also suggest to check out Mahindra XUV300. It feels more mature inside-out, in terms of design, than Nexon and is a hoot to drive with the diesel engine.

And glad to hear that they've discarded Kia cars for their substandard safety levels.

Last edited by self_driven : 26th July 2021 at 09:22.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 10:17   #60
Senior - BHPian

I'd recommend the XUV3OO diesel. The car has all the features, is loaded to the brim and within the budget too. Safe, well built and abuse friendly.
Raghu M is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks