Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2021, 19:31   #31

Re: Used Mitsubishis : Pajero Sport vs Montero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
What a clean car you have. Drop an email to mods and they will approve the listing. I think, there’s a different account for classifieds. You need to register separately. Till such time maybe you can post more details here. Perhaps share your email ID. .
Thanks, I bought her because my heart wanted her, had to do full justice by treating her right. I am trying to fix the classifieds account. Fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 View Post
Sure I'm interested. But is it possible to get the road tax refund from the Bangalore RTO?
Checked with the local RTO, they were affirmative on the tax refund, but IMHO it would be a tad time consuming process. Please get in touch with me on rajeev.bang88@gmail.com , will be happy to share the vehicle details and take the conversation forward.
antiphyzix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 22:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Wow. Very well maintained. May I know how many kilometers have you clocked so far?
Are you planning for any upgrade, just curious

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th March 2021 at 08:50. Reason: Typo
Ramsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 11:34   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
the parts should be available within a max of 15 days.
Then I'd avoid the Montero.

Since you say you are looking for starting offroading then scratch off all the AWD options. If you want to start the hobby go for a vehicle with low range options.

I'd choose a Pajero SFX over a very old LC purely because Pajero parts are still available and downtime would be lesser.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 18:48   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Status Quo

Here is a link to my previous thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxur...-e60-530d.html (Used BMW: E90 320d vs E60 530d)

Since I was not able to find a well maintained E60 530d, I got a 2011 Jetta DSG in 2019 and Code6 remapped it. Then in 2020 got a 2010 W212 E350 CDI. Still silently searching for an E60 530d. Other cars in the garage are an Etios D and 1st gen Swift P.

Final thoughts

Please suggest the better option between these two for my needs. Also if I indeed go for a Montero, which is the better among AT and MT. Do suggest any other SUV's if you feel it meets my criteria.

A little late for replies, but my 2 cents.

I looked extensively at
Pajero SFX, Pajero Sport, Montero, Fortuner, Prado. All of these were in the price range of 6-15L.

Pajero SFX
Easily available. New parts not so easy to come by, used parts the same. Super reliable but very old tech. Its like the insides are from the '80 (because they are).

Pajero Sport
Fairly easy to find. New parts take more time to come by and used even longer as there aren't many running on the road. Equally reliable, if not more than the SFX but properly in the 2000 in terms of features. This isn't as good offroad as the SFX though.

Montero
It's the next generation of the Pajero SFX, so takes all the positives of it and remove alot of negatives. BUT, because it was sold so less in India, there are very few available for sale. Parts are very difficult to come by and used parts are basically none. Its a higher maintenance vehicle but something which you might enjoy if you can setup a proper maintenance line.

Fortuner
The best option for Indian conditions. Easily available to buy, New parts available in stock and if not can be sourced via Toyota in a few days (Replaced my clutch by ordering and getting it within 5 days). Used are pretty easy too and priced reasonably. The bad ride quality can be changed with a suspension upgrade and you can upgrade the brakes too. IMO the best option to go for.

Prado
Basically a Fortuner with AT and a bigger engine. It also comes with a few more features, but offroad or on road, they are pretty alike. New parts are nearly as easy to get, but used aren't as easy to get.

Last edited by Sheel : 2nd February 2023 at 10:33. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
abhayshanu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 22:38   #35
Senior - BHPian

If you have time and patience, then you can go for Montero or Pajero sport. Getting parts for Pajero itself is a problem forget Montero, especially if you are in tier 2 or tier 3 city.
If you need full size SUV at budget you mentioned, best pick would be Endeavour and Fortuner. Invest another 50-70K and get a good aftermarket suspension. You can also look at Scorpio 4x4 or Storme 4x4 which are are desi/cheaper versions of Fortuner and Endeavour.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 13:58   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need for an SUV
Not sure if you have made your pick yet. If not, I would strongly recommend increasing your budget and going in for a pre-owned Endeavour 3.2 (if you need a 4wd) or Endeavour 2.2 (if you don't). You should get good examples of the latter from 2016-17 vintage within 16-18 lac or so. If you are on a strict budget, then your best bet is a well maintained Safari Strome, mainly because of its ride quality, punchy engine, and readily available (and inexpensive) parts.

Having owned a Mitsubishi (Pajero SFX) for 4 years, I would advice you to stay away from Mitsubishi, notwithstanding the fact that these are beautifully engineered automobiles. Primary reason - pathetic after-sales service and extremely painful waiting periods for spares. Additionally, genuine spares are prohibitively expensive as these are sourced from Japan or UAE. These were the primary reasons behind me selling off my Pajero SFX, as much as I loved it.

All the best!
cool_dube is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2022, 15:23   #37

@GT3, were you able to complete your purchase? I am
in the market for a similar purchase - looking at a 2001 LC100 and also test drove a 2010 montero. Loved both the cars but the LC100’s asking price is a tad too much for a 21 year old car - ~12 lakhs. Whereas the 2010 Montero’s asking price is 13. Both drives well. I love the space inside LC100 as mine is a relatively big family. But what worries me is that is it wise to go for a 20 year old vehicle.
Old 2nd February 2023, 10:11   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
I have the MT but given a choice, I'd have gone for the AT.

Mine is the pre power-bump model. I have put in a chip which measured a 165 to 190 bhp jump (using an app). There is a noticeable difference in driving pleasure now and it is more felt in day-to-day low and mid rpm driving conditions; not just while revving in the upper bands.
Hi, can you tell me a bit about pre power-bump with respect to year of manufacture? thanks
turbo car
Old 27th March 2023, 14:25   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo car View Post
Hi, can you tell me a bit about pre power-bump with respect to year of manufacture? thanks
turbo car
Mine is a 2007, the first year of the new shape. I believe the power was increased in 2010.
RedOne is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks