Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Ford Ecosport Diesel S Manual Or Hyundai Venue SX (O) Diesel Manual
Ford Ecosport Diesel S Manual 281 87.54%
Hyundai Venue Diesel SX(O) Manual 40 12.46%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2021, 10:29   #16
BANNED

Re: Diesel MT: Ford EcoSport vs Hyundai Venue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_anup View Post
My Heart says - Ecosport but my family says Venue
Hi Anup

Can I know why Nexon and XUV 3OO are out of the list? When it comes to the 1.5l diesel motors, the best ones are actually with Tata and Mahindra, and of course, the proven safety record too, especially the XUV 3OO, the only engine that can deliver you the fun that is comparable to Vento, such a stonker of a motor the 1.5l mHawk of Mahindra is.

That said, get the Ecosport if you have to get one between Venue and Ecosport only. Ecosport has very well stood the test of time, very well built and Ford service is really low cost, the bills are comparable to what you get in Toyota service. Only one issue you will face with time, a screeching noise form tail gate on poor surface, after some days of usage, due to added weight of spare wheel; but the service guys very well know how to solve that too.

Last edited by VKumar : 16th March 2021 at 10:33.
VKumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 11:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Voted for the ecosport, an easy choice actually. We ourselves got one (preloved)S diesel last year and the experience has been mesmerizing. Apart from the class best handling, build quality and road presence Ecosport still offers much more in terms of features compared to Venue.

Of the cons you mentioned for the Ford, I guess, only the lack of rear Air vents could be a major one. However, we never thought the need for a rear vent, as the Aircon is an absolute chiller (PS- we have a absolute black Ecosport). IMO, sub-4 meter cars only with rear air vent (not a separate rear AC), don't offer a world of difference in terms of cooling.

Ecosport S gets these over Venue SX(O)-

HID Headlights
Puddle lamps
Tilt and telescopic adjust for steering
Rain Sensing Wipers
Auto Dimming IRVM
Limiter function on the Cruise Control
Ford's My key
7 color footwell lighting
Illuminated Glove box

Venue SX(O) gets these over Ecosport S-

Air Purifier
Wireless charger
Rear Air vents
Cooled Glove Box
Cornering lamps

More than these though, I hate the typical Hyundai cost cutting-

1) Only driver's power window switch being illuminated, in ecosport, all switches (Including rear and sunroof) are illuminated.
2) Request sensor only on driver's side (Ford gets on both front doors)
3) Smaller steel spare wheel. (Ecosport gets a full size alloy)
4) Only two rear parking sensors. (Ford gets 4)
5) Illumination on the front passenger sunvisor (Trust me, very important for the ladies)

It's an easy choice when you factor in the super cheap service costs of the Ford. At 13.5L vs 13.6L (Source- Cardekho, OTR Delhi prices), price of both cars is within the same ballpark. Infact as pointed by you, the price gap widens in favor of Ford, once you factor in the discounts.

Good luck, and do let us know!

Last edited by 07CR : 16th March 2021 at 11:25.
07CR is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 12:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chautob0t View Post
Can you tell me which dealership and SA did you talk to? If possible, I would like to get in touch with them as well for a quote/booking for the petrol variants. (Titanium or S).
Boss, I inquired with Harpreet Ford Showroom in East Delhi. I was not aware on any Ford Dealer and just googled for best Ford Dealer in Delhi and found this showroom with highest rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Hi Anup, Can I know why Nexon and XUV 3OO are out of the list?
Boss, the reason for excluding these 2 are below (though these are my personal opinions) -

- had a Tata earlier in the family and it was a really BAD experience owning the car in Mumbai with regards to service, maintainence and quality of parts. Tata was a strict NO from everyone.
- I still did do Test drive of Nexon and while the ride and handling were good, the rear end is a bit overly FUNKY for my taste. Could not digest it at all.
- As my replacement vehicle will be my primary drive for all trips too, XUV 300 was not even tried as we needed at least some sort of good Boot Space. We could not compromise on that at the outset as Vento has spoiled us with 420 lt + boot space. While all sub-compact SUVs have lower boot space but still Venue and Ecosport offer LESSER extent of compromise at 350 litres odd rather than XUV.

As of now, my family is adamant on having rear AC vents as a "Must Have", hence looks like it will be Venue; though I am still trying to convince them for Ecosport.
Turbo_anup is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 12:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
... IMO, sub-4 meter cars only with rear air vent (not a separate rear AC), don't offer a world of difference in terms of cooling.
+100%. Unless there is a separate blower motor for the rear vents, this 'feature' is just eye wash. I frequently sit in a friends Vento TSI and the rear blower literally throws out no air !

Quote:
1) Only driver's power window switch being illuminated, in ecosport, all switches (Including rear and sunroof) are illuminated.
Such a rare feature these days. There is so much attention to detail, that if you lock the windows the illumination for the rear power window switches goes off !

Quote:

As of now, my family is adamant on having rear AC vents as a "Must Have", hence looks like it will be Venue; though I am still trying to convince them for Ecosport.
I'm don't think the Venue has a separate blower for the rear vents, so maybe you could demonstrate to them on a hot day how much air actually comes out of these vents.
fiat_tarun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 13:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maybe my point out my above post to them. Not having a "Rear Air Vent" is simply a too small reason to ignore a car like Ecosport!
07CR is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 09:26   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Take a test drive on a hot day to see if it is of any use. Am not sure of what the system in the Venue is, but we have one in our Nissan Sunny and safe to say we used it only in the first month of our 7+ years of ownership. Reason: It is just a blower so it actually just re-circulates the cabin air (ie. hot air) and cooling actually seems better if it isn't used.
batladanny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 10:09   #22
BHPian

EcoSport S TDCi anyday. This car is a keeper and can take you miles with utmost comfort. Rear AC are not required as the AC cools the cabin within 5 minutes in peak summer. I've traveled across half the country in my car and never did I feel the lack of rear AC vents. The main AC itself if pretty effective

I can agree on the grab handle part though. Only option is to hold the door handle. Now, Ford has become so mod friendly that even if Ford removes features, I'm enabling some new feature or the other once in a while. Most recent ones are navigation in the MID, Cornering fog lamps and cruise control in my Titanium

Last edited by jithin23 : 17th March 2021 at 10:11.
jithin23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 10:31   #23
BHPian

Voted for the EcoSport
Great Engine, solid build quality, sorted driving manners and lesser on maintenance costs make it a no-brainer between these two options.
Old 17th March 2021, 11:21   #24
BHPian

Now pardon me if I am slightly biased as an EcoSport owner myself, but the Venue somehow appears to be very small and toy-ish in appearance (no offence meant to any of the owners or admirers). Over and above that, we all know how much cost cutting is being done on mechanical front (Hyundai quality issues thread) and again I don't mean offense to anyone.

It's been 7 years, I still look back at my EcoSport and think of the time and thank myself about how I convinced my father to get it instead of the usual Uncles' favourite brand car in india. The TDCI still roars ahead with so much grunt and there has been no part failure except a door lock actuator replacement in these 7 years. Coming to the build quality, I have tested it on several tin ka dabbas and I can assure you it's solid.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 11:40   #25
BHPian

Do take a longish test drive of the cars and decide. As a nexon owner from 2.5 yrs I can't suggest the car enough to people. The looks are polarizing but they grow on you. I terms of space both ecosport and venue are inferior.
charanreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 11:52   #26
BHPian

Ford Ecosport hands down. As an owner of this vehicle for 8 years now, the 1.5TDCI is such a fun engine! Having driven the car endlessly on highways (dual carriage and single-lane), road manners are impeccable in my view. I've driven the Venue and the Brezza (newer ones) and I still can't fathom the lovely smile I have when I get behind the wheels of my Ecosport.

It's been a reliable vehicle that has not sprung any surprises in the past 8 years, I've just completed a suspension overhaul and change of wheels and it now runs as good as brand new! I'm in the market for an automatic sub-compact/compact SUV and I'm genuinely struggling to find something that seems like an upgrade. I recommend that you drive the vehicle for a longish test drive (Mylez, ZoomCar) and then make a decision.
throttlehead is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 12:00   #27
Senior - BHPian

The poll results as I write this says it all. The Ecosport S TDCI, eyes closed. Reasons:

1. The car is a looker (in any variant you choose, and even more so in the S trim) and a darn sight more handsome than the quirky Korean lines of the Venue. One of those cars which look brilliant in any colour that you choose.

2. Brilliant, refined and punchy 1.5 TDCI engine, which is a reliable workhorse and at the same time offers plenty of smiles per mile. Take it on the open road and cruise all day long with no dearth of power being noticeable. Fantastic handling and steering response as well, with zero nervousness at higher speeds.

3. Packed with features, and useful ones at that. No useless gimmicky features, except perhaps the sunroof (which many feel is a useful feature though). Full suite of safety features available on the S version that you are considering.

4. Superb build quality, with heavy doors which operate with a reassuring thunk.

5. Very reasonable to maintain in the long run. Ford service costs are quite trasnparent.

Have been enjoying my S TDCI for around 3000 odd kms now, and cannot recommend it enough. The only other option that I considered was the Sonet, but once I test drove both back to back, I did not go back to the Kia showroom a second time.

Quite a few new Ecosport owners on team-bhp in the past few months, and a few upcoming ones as well, from what I can see.Bodes well for a brand that we enthusiasts love Here are a couple of pictures of my S TDCI.
Attached Thumbnails
Diesel MT: Ford EcoSport vs Hyundai Venue-ecosport-1.jpg  

Diesel MT: Ford EcoSport vs Hyundai Venue-ecosport-2.jpg  

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 17th March 2021 at 12:11.
arindambasu13 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 12:05   #28
BHPian

Voted for the Venue

Ecosport is a very competent product, no doubt at all. But I am really not sure about the future Ford has in India. It may go down the Chevrolet path which had amazing products like the Cruze but had to exit the country due to unsustainable sales. Their alliance with Mahindra didn't work out either I think.
sid_deb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 12:14   #29
nkm

I've been driving an EcoSport (2019 Trend+AT) for a few years now; and have tried my cousin's Venue (SX+ Turbo DCT) a few times. There is no comparison on the driving dynamics (agreed you're looking at Diesel MTs and I'm going on about Petrol ATs). But the driving dynamics comes at the cost of a bit of comfort. EcoSport is sprung stiff and I'd put it as it's biggest con.
Quote:
No rear air-con vent (my family is saying this as a BIG negative point against Ecosport)
This is not too big a deal IMHO. The blower in Venue does not even have a separate fan IIRC. What I do generally is; if there is no one in the back I keep the AC on Auto and if there's someone in the back I'd set the blower speed on the manually. Auto is kind of wonky for folks sitting in the rear bench.
Old 17th March 2021, 12:19   #30
BHPian

One more point to add, please look for the Tbhp thread on the serious quality issues on Hyundai's (Like brake failure and understeer). I too have experienced understeer in a Grand i10 once, and was luckily escaped without going off from the road. After that I am afraid to drive any Hyundais.

Last edited by Sheel : 17th March 2021 at 12:49. Reason: break = brake. In this context.
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks