Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Ford Ecosport Diesel S Manual Or Hyundai Venue SX (O) Diesel Manual
Ford Ecosport Diesel S Manual 281 87.54%
Hyundai Venue Diesel SX(O) Manual 40 12.46%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2021, 12:26   #31
BHPian

Re: Diesel MT: Ford EcoSport vs Hyundai Venue

Ford Vs Hyundai poll on Tbhp will end up only one way -American Muscle trouncing the Korean Finesse , though the Indian Nexon is my first choice in this segment

Notwithstanding, I would still vote for the Ecosport for its incredible build quality, peppy and FE Engine and great looks ( though I did not appreciate the new Ecosport losing the spare wheel on tailgate ) .
poised2drive is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 12:46   #32
BHPian

I would still request you to consider Nexon. I've taken test drives of both Venue and Ecosport. While both cars are great at what they provide, me and my family felt Venue's back seat is very short in length and Ecosport's cabin width is narrow. I didn't feel comfortable in either of them. I had booked Nexon for this reason - the space inside. As you said it'll be your primary car for outstation trip, do consider Nexon. You'll grow over the looks within six months of ownership !
Akshay6988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 12:47   #33
BHPian

You have correctly evaluated both the cars basis right parameters.

Ford has the basics right - Good engine, solid build quality, looks funky (even today), sorted suspension, modern features, service costs are certainly less than the Hyundai and the car is frugal too. You will love it during your Mum-Del runs!

Venue is a modern car with lots of features, good Interior quality and the 1.0 Turbo is fun to drive!

However, the Ford is better as overall package, IMHO.
Old 17th March 2021, 12:56   #34
BANNED

Ecosport is also have better water wading capacity of 550 mm. Which is good to handle bit flooded roads compared to Venu.
johnjojo08 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 13:10   #35
BANNED

In an interview, someone from Ford had mentioned that they use a bigger compressor (than the competition) in the Aspire, so the AC cooling is better and it does not need rear ac vents. This might be true for Ecosport as well.
Old 17th March 2021, 13:24   #36
BHPian

If the only option are the two cars mentioned, then I would anyday choose the Ecosport. Have driven both the cars and the Ecosport feels much more solidly built than the Venue and while neither of the two cars are exactly known for their interior space, I found the Ecosport to be a bit more spacious.

And the 1.5 TDCi is a gem of an engine and the torque increase it got not too long ago, of 10 nm only makes it more exciting to drive.

Besides, I'm pretty confident that the Ford will be cheaper to maintain over the long run.
Old 17th March 2021, 13:26   #37
BHPian

I was also checking out the same cars out some months back, and these were the only reason I went with Venue instead of EcoSport.

* Old design, and no major changes in decade.
* Unsure of Ford's future in India.
* 1l T-GDI Petrol engine of Venue (offering me a pretty nice real life FE of 18/19).
Old 17th March 2021, 13:26   #38
BHPian

Ecosport any-day. BHPians have already said why- It's head and shoulders above the Koreans in terms of build, handling, steering and whatever an enthusiast desires. I think it's definitely the better pick when you consider the rear seat too. It's front and rear seat are set really high (from the floor), and the seat base is very long too. This means under-thigh support is in abundance, and even though the outright kneeroom may not be the best in class, your legs stay totally relaxed. You may not practically need that additional space all throughout the journey.
Old 17th March 2021, 13:33   #39

Since I do not have voting rights, writing something which may help on a long-term deciding factor.

Maintenance - Hyundai has a high cost. Spares are costly, and long-term you will spend more. Ford spares are cheap, and service centers visits are easy on the pocket.

Venue - I found it weird. The design didn't really get to me, and the high running expenses put me off.

EcoSport - Got an used one of 2.5 years old with warranty. I am happy with it.

Things to keep in mind
  • Distance to the 1st and 2nd service center from your location (office/home/others), where you keep your car at most times.
  • City and Highway factor - How much would you drive in a city vs highway? Drive around in both cars, and check for tight spaces, turning radius, your way to parking space, inclines and declines with passengers, comfort over frequently traveled roads, etc.
  • Understand how easy it is to do self-diagnostics of a problem in both the cars. Yes, service centers will be there, but ultimately you are going to tell them what the issue is, and will help you in a place where nothing is available.
  • If you are interested in DIY stuffs, then check which vehicle is easy to tinker with.
  • Spares availability for each car. How expensive it is to fix/repair/change the most parts?

MOD NOTE - Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, Endy, ES) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Any further usage of acronyms will invite Moderator action on your account.

Thanks!

Last edited by Sheel : 17th March 2021 at 14:11. Reason: ES = EcoSport.
Old 17th March 2021, 13:59   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_anup View Post
Dear All,

Cons -
- Plastic is the lower half of cabin are of very average quality
- No rear air-con vent (my family is saying this as a BIG negative point against Ecosport). We are a family of 4 - 3 Adults and 1 child
- boot opens sideways (this may be ignore though better half has noted this too as an issue)
- Non grab handles on door (find it a bit weird as other 6 airbags car do have them)
Ford Ecosport any day!

- Yes, The lower half of the cabin is of average build quality, But it's the lower half, You wouldn't even notice it the majority of the time.

- Rear air vents not needed as the Air compressor used in Ecosport is very powerful. You put on the MAX AC mode for 10 seconds and the whole cabin will get cooled.

- Boot door opening is a con only if you are on a tight parking spot. If you are solo carrying luggage in the boot when parked in a tight parking spot, The 60:40 split seats come handly, Can unload the luggage from the rear door itself.

- Grab handles are definitely a miss, But you will get used to it soon.
Old 17th March 2021, 14:21   #41
RBR
BHPian

Of the two options you have shortlisted, Ecosport would be a better choice. However, please do ponder if Ford would be around for a minimum 10 years (should you require parts, service, etc) as they haven't launched any new product in the recent past and came-off a tie-up with Mahindra & Mahindra.
Old 17th March 2021, 14:54   #42
KPR
BANNED

Such an easy question. Ecosports for that diesel mill and features. My personal view on looks front is Venue looks like a grown hatchback but ecosport definitely looks like a mini SUV.
One more suggestion is don't ignore the Race Red in sports trim.
Old 17th March 2021, 14:58   #43
BHPian

I voted for EcoSport purely for its driving dynamics, while I was hunting for CSUVs, I had considered EcoSport, but it appeared dated and then Sonet came in and I was totally floored for it simply because I wanted a petrol car, for a diesel anyday EcoSport. As somebody suggested your dilemma is between Eco sport and Venue, Eco sport is the clear winner here. (If you would have put Sonet, I would have voted for Sonet of course)
Old 17th March 2021, 15:46   #44
Senior - BHPian

From the inside, Venue appears to be one size smaller than Ford Ecosport. It's diesel engine is legendary, too. My vote is for Ecosport.
Old 17th March 2021, 15:55   #45

I was in your shoes a few months ago. I had almost finalized venue. Later, a test drive in Eco sport cleared my mind.

Positives:
  1. From my experience, the Diesel engine in Ford is quite refined and frugal.
  2. Space is more or less the same compared to Venue.
  3. There is a significant difference (perceived?) in the build quality; Eco Sport feels built better.
  4. Ride quality feels matured compared to Venue. The design is old in the market but still looks good.
  5. The service cost is also less in Ford.
  6. You will not find as many Eco Sport in the market compared to Venue, making it kind of exclusive!.

On the negatives:
  1. The clutch is on a heavier side (compared to venue)
  2. BS6 seems to have a few issues, hope ford fixes those soon.
  3. Driver seat ergonomics feels better in venue. In Eco sport, you have the AC vent on the driver right hand side that may brush your legs if you are not careful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks