Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Ford Ecosport Diesel S Manual Or Hyundai Venue SX (O) Diesel Manual
Ford Ecosport Diesel S Manual 281 87.54%
Hyundai Venue Diesel SX(O) Manual 40 12.46%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2021, 10:25   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Diesel MT: Ford EcoSport vs Hyundai Venue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
Oh come on! This is from your Scorpio's ownership review.
My co-brother bought the vehicle EcoSport in 2013, it was sold only last year, so I am familiar with it as well as it's competitors. In 2013 it had 9 month waiting list and close to 12L on the road. EcoSport WAS king.

Much like Duster in its time.

The game has moved on, and EcoSport is only one of them sub compact crossovers, nothing special at all. Less said the better about Duster.
Old 18th March 2021, 11:10   #62
BHPian

Voted for the Ford Ecosport. The way the market is shifting towards Turbo Petrols, no better time to have fun with a manual diesel, especially with the build quality of the Ecosport. If the evaluation is purely based on features, Venue wins hands down. However, if you are an engine guy like most of us, the Ecosport is a no brainer! All the Best for your purchase and look forward to your ownership thread soon!
Old 18th March 2021, 11:17   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Depending on Pune City traffic conditions, it delivers between 16-20 kmpl.

On highways it depends on your mood. Setting on a cruise at 80 kph on a 4 lane highway, it gave me 26 kmpl! Cruising between 90-110 resulted in 23 and above 120 it delivers around 18-20 kmpl. It's really quite a frugal Engine, considering the punch it offers.
This is the one part where my experience is different and which is why I seriously miss a 6th gear on the Ecosport TDCI. I am able to achieve 18-20 kmpl mileage figures only if speeds are kept under 100. Anything above 110-120 and it does not go above 17, 17.5. This is my experience on multiple highways - Pune-Bangalore, Pune-GJ-RJ over the past 2.5 years and 36k km.

In city mileage is around 15-16 kmpl and I don't drive too much in b2b traffic.
fiat_tarun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 11:30   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2285 View Post
If the evaluation is purely based on features, Venue wins hands down.
This is a misconception. The S variant of Ecosport is very well loaded, maybe second only to the Mahindra XUV300 in the Segment. Infact Venue, in terms of features lacks behind the following (in their respective top end variants), in the mentioned order-

1) XUV300
2) Ecosport/Sonet
3) Nexon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
This is the one part where my experience is different and which is why I seriously miss a 6th gear on the Ecosport TDCI. I am able to achieve 18-20 kmpl mileage figures only if speeds are kept under 100. Anything above 110-120 and it does not go above 17, 17.5.
Sorry for the wrong info, I mistakenly mentioned incorrect FE figures for speeds above 120 kph. Above 120 Kph, it delivers me anywhere between 16-17 kmpl.

Quote:
This is a misconception. The S variant of Ecosport is very well loaded, maybe second only to the Mahindra XUV300 in the Segment. Infact Venue, in terms of features lacks behind the following (in their respective top end variants), in the mentioned order-

1) XUV300
2) Ecosport/Sonet
3) Nexon
@ Mods, please merge the posts. Unable to merge from my end.

Last edited by Sheel : 20th March 2021 at 07:58. Reason: Please edit / multi-quote your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
07CR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 12:51   #65
BHPian

Voted for Ecosport. And if it is pitted against the Venue, it is a no brainer. I was in the same boat in November last year. Wanted to get a CSUV and only serious contenders I had was Ecosport and Nexon. The Nexon XZ+ was going way about my budget and I was in no mood to pick up any lower variant. Ended up bringing home an Ecosport Titanium TDCI.

I couldn't have been more happy about my decision as well. I just got back from a 4500 KM road trip and not even once I felt that it skipped a beat. Yes, in today's age, you might feel the need for the six gear once in a while. But then, you'll not miss it too much that you would regret buying an Ecosport.

Also, the fuel efficiency in at par with what rest of the folks have been saying. The average FE as per the MID for the entire trip was 19kmpl. This included spirited highway runs, local errands in Goa, and Kerela, and almost 350+ KMs of chock-a-block highways in Kerela (between KL-KA border to Thrissur) were managing a stable speed is just a wet dream and I took around 11 hours to complete that stretch.

Drive Safe,
R-Six
R-Six is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 13:35   #66
BHPian

Quote:
The headlights on new one, especially the S version with HID are incredibly strong. Attached picture shows low beam with Fog lamps on.
Wow! stronger headlights were one thing I wished it had back then too. That spread and intensity which I see in your post, makes me sure it indeed is the best CSUV out there! Happy mile munching (at nights too!)
Old 18th March 2021, 16:55   #67
BHPian

Adding to what others have already said

Ecosport is well built car and the safety features are top notch at the cost. Based on my observations during test drives of both -

- The seating in the venue is lower then ecosport
- Ride quality of the Ecosport is way better - I'd compare it to the Duster
- The seats of the Ecosport seem very ergonomic and very comfortable.
- Ecosport has decent legroom in the backseat
- Venue is too cramped for 3 people in the backseat (Ecosport is a tad bit better)
- Ecosport's air-conditioning is simply phenomenal.

The only negative I observed and this is a nitpick - Ecosport does have a (according to me) blindspot on the A pillar (driver side). Also, add to it the fact that nobody is sure about Ford's long term strategy in India. In spite of these issues, my heart and mind says Ecosport. What works for venue is the dealer network and good after sale service. As others have mentioned, Nexon and XUV300 are venerable competitors.
sentra26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 23:00   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_anup View Post
Dear All,

Am looking to replace my 9+ year Old Volkswagen Vento 1.6 TDI Highline Diesel car, as due to 10 year rule by NGT in Delhi NCR, cannot use it beyond March 2022 next year.
Did not need to read beyond this line to suggest the EcoSport. One used to the amazing build quality of the Europeans will never feel at home driving a Hyundai on a Highway or Expressway.

I owned a Vento up until October 2020 and, also own a Creta. Needless to say the I never felt at home driving the Creta. The Venue is a notch lower. Buy the Ecosport’s top model and forget it. It’s a Frugal engine with excellent FE + Sorted road manners and safety list. Buy it and forget it.

P.S - Do look at used deals. I saw a handful of 2019+ Ecosport S for sale on Olx at quiet good prices. (Close to 9 Lakhs)
Schneller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 01:22   #69
BHPian

If it's a driver's car I would suggest the Ford Ecosport anyday. If it's going to be a family car then families normally tilt towards the Hyundai's. Simple reason being the quality of interiors. Hyundai some how makes the interiors look better.

From a driver's standpoint I would like to point out few features of the Venue which you cannot miss:
1) Six speed gear box on the Venue. Highway runs will be much more relaxed on the additional gear
2) Cornering lamps, it's a boon and trus me is worthwhile safety feature on Indian roads
3) Adaptive guidelines for the reverse parking camera is very helpful - not sure if the Ecosport has this
4) Ford for some reason does not have grab handles for their cars with 6 airbags, which is strange. All other manufacturers who provide 6 airbags provide the grab handles

Number of service stations that Hyundai has is more compared to Ford.

My option would be a Venue as Hyundai's after sales service is easily accessible although you need to chase them to do things properly.
Old 19th March 2021, 09:45   #70
BHPian

Voted for ES over venue.

But I can’t believe that some are comparing the ride quality of the duster with the ES.

My only grouse with ES is the hard suspension. The ride on good roads is fantastic and the way it can handle corners is inspiring but as a daily driver in the city, over small speed breakers, patchy roads and potholes the ride is bad. Coming from a sedan you and your family will feel that the car is tossing you a lot. Take multiple test drives and if comfort and plush ride is priority over driving pleasure consider other choices.

I love my ES to the bits- the awesome TDCI, rock solid stability at highway speeds but I have named her “the humble back-breaker”.
carriage.retorq is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 10:11   #71
KPR
BANNED

Well Turbo_anup now you may have to consider Kushaq as well in your list if you're in look out for Sub 4m category given that you are changing your Vento.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 11:44   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Well Turbo_anup now you may have to consider Kushaq as well in your list if you're in look out for Sub 4m category given that you are changing your Vento.
Kushaq is not sub 4m category. It is a competitor to the Creta, Seltos etc. Plus it is likely to be in a different price bracket altogether as compared to Ecosport or Venue. I would let a year go by for Skoda to take care of any teething niggles that crop up and the product is refined further.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 19th March 2021 at 11:48.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 11:51   #73
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Kushaq is not sub 4m category. It is a competitor to the Creta, Seltos etc. Plus it is likely to be in a different price bracket altogether as compared to Ecosport or Venue
My bad. Thanks for waking me up. All these days I was thinking Kushaq as sub 4m given the deluge if sub 4m SUVs launches.
Old 19th March 2021, 22:52   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriage.retorq View Post
Voted for ES over venue.

But I can’t believe that some are comparing the ride quality of the duster with the ES.
Just to be completely clear - having driven several cars in that segment I felt that the Ecosport gives the best compromise between handling and suspension and that is the reason that I mentioned the overall drive experience is reasonably close to the Duster. The suspension is stiffer yes but not as bad considering the handling it offers. Again, in my very limited experience the Duster was fantastic to drive but did offer a tiny bit of bodyroll compared to the Ecosport (which I felt subjectively seated me a tad higher(?)). But, to your point, I have not owned both cars - just the occasional drive on self-drive rentals. The venue seemed to have soft[er] suspension but does not have the handling that the Ecosport has.
Old 31st March 2021, 09:03   #75
BHPian

Thank You all for your comments and feedback. The forum seems to be overwhelmingly in favour of Ecosport, which we were also contemplating. However, there was a twist when we went for the test drive of Venue. As the showroom in Mumbai did not have diesel Venue for test drive, we drove Turbo Petrol and it was an awesome experience to say the least. Also, as family was with me, we decided to check the S version of Hyundai Creta Petrol manual, as wife was extremely happy with the space in the cabin; but had to leave the discussion there itself.
A of now, due to a family exigency, have decided to postpone the purchase for a few months. My Mother is unwell and prognosis does not look good - have maybe a few days / weeks time left. So would be postponing the purchase to second half of the year or later - not sure now. Am not in the proper frame of mind to move ahead with any purchase.
Turbo_anup is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks