Team-BHP - Tata Safari Dicor LX 4 X 2 or Safari Dicor EX 4 x 2
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/)
-   -   Tata Safari Dicor LX 4 X 2 or Safari Dicor EX 4 x 2 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/23459-tata-safari-dicor-lx-4-x-2-safari-dicor-ex-4-x-2-a.html)

I am planning to purchase a Safari Dicor this week end. Just wondering which variant would be VFm and better option.The LX or EX ?

The Price of both the variants is as follows :

Safari LX 4 X 2 = Rs. 712,032

Safari EX 4 X 2 = Rs. 811,445

[/COLOR]The major difference between the 2 variants is the Roof Mounted AC and and a Music System .Or am i missing any features between ?

Any suggestion would be really appreciable .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digitalmafia (Post 421330)

[/b][/COLOR]The major difference between the 2 variants is the Roof Mounted AC and and a Music System .Or am i missing any features between ?

Any suggestion would be really appreciable .

Well the after market ICE would be a better option, but a roof mounted A/C would make a lot of sense, especially where you stay. Having said that, what percentage of time do you/others sit in the back seat? If it is a lot, then a rear A/C vent is worth it. If most of the time you drive it yourself without people in the rear seat, then dont waste the extra money and go spend money on leather seats/ICE on the LX, and still have money to spare compared to the EX.

I was in the same dilemma a month back and this is what I've learnt:
- Roof mounted AC can be a dealer fitment, so, it is possible to fit it later.
- After market has a better choice when it comes to ICE (In Car Entertainment, or music system as you call it). Just make sure that you go to a good installer.

Other things which are diff between Ex/Lx:
- The centre console is painted with Gunmetal finish on Ex and Silver color on Lx. I personally like silver.
- Chrome on front grill preiphery. If you are willing to spend 5k you can get Vx grill, with chrome on all slats :).
- Fog lamps.. (I am not sure about this, I had the Safari E-brochure with me sometime back, and I'm having tough time locating it now)

Another major difference is: Driver seat height adjustment.

EX has fogs while LX does not.
Dealers openly say that if you want to fit LX with all features of EX it will cost you 50,000 if done at the dealership.
I guess fitting a comparable ICE will cost just 25K in the LX.
As for the roof mounted AC, unless EX has two compressors, its just a matter of extra blower.
I have sat in the back seat of LX in North India heat(38 degrees) and the AC was a chiller.

I would suggest get the EX and tell them to give you the alloys and body coloured cladding for free.

In the LX, you also dont get keyless entry(after market you can get), height adjuster seat, foot step, and no fog lamps. Besides the rear vents.

In Ex there is no extra compressor, but yes roof mounted a/c is not a mere blower, it has a cooling coil too, i have taken a close look.

But there lx a/c is ok too, i have experienced it.

If you can go without the roof mounted AC, then just go for the LX. You'l save a lot of money. Buy alloys and paint the claddings and you will have a looker.

Drifter

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 421469)
In the LX, you also dont get keyless entry(after market you can get), height adjuster seat, foot step, and no fog lamps. Besides the rear vents.

Footsteps are standard on the LX now.

Thank you guys for all the fantastic inputs.The only discount i am able to get from the dealers from jamshedpur is 10,000 cash discount. Not much huh ..for the beast . How much does painting the bumper and the side cladding to the body colour ( probably Quartz black ).

@ Su-47
Is the price of the Vx Front grill 5k after the exchange ?

On the Tata Website it says there is no Fog Lamp in Ex model either. if no then what is the cost of the same.

Cheers !
DM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digitalmafia (Post 422156)
@ Su-47
Is the price of the Vx Front grill 5k after the exchange ?

One of the guys at the workshop gave me an *estimated* quote of 5K for the grill, without any exchange.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digitalmafia (Post 422156)
On the Tata Website it says there is no Fog Lamp in Ex model either. if no then what is the cost of the same.

My EX came with both front and rear fog lamps as standard. Sometimes, the brochures and website may be out of date. See the vehicle for yourself to check all the features.

i went in for the Dicor LX instead of the EX variant because:
(a) i did not feel the need for the roof mounted a/c. Only required if you have 2+ member family.
(b) i did not like the music system in the EX variant. i got pioneer headunit, JBL component speakers, JBL bass tube, JVC ampl & pioneer iPOD adapter installed.
(c) got chrome grill, fog lights fitted from the dealer
(d) got autocop and aura alloys installed after market.
(e) got WaxOyl paint and body protection done. WaxOyl products seem to be better than 3M.

Here are some rates quoted by the dealer:
- Extended warranty 7200
- Fog Lights 3200
- Chrome Grill 6500
- Body Color 18000

I used up the discount of Rs.17000/- from the dealer against extended warranty, fog lights and chrome grill. I did not opt for the body color paint as the color never matches the original. Also, they remove all the plastic cladding in order to paint it. They can never refit it back as the original factory fitting. There will be some gaps here and there... anyways with a silver safari the cladding does not look bad... (see pics below)

Quote:

Originally Posted by testdrive (Post 427575)
I used up the discount of Rs.17000/- from the dealer against extended warranty, fog lights and chrome grill. I did not opt for the body color paint as the color never matches the original. Also, they remove all the plastic cladding in order to paint it. They can never refit it back as the original factory fitting.

Congratulations man! Your car looks very good with the chrome grill. BTW, did you ask the dealer about the VX grill ?

I am not sure if you are correct about the fitting and paint-matching of the cladding. I found the paint and fit quality to be pretty neat. But, my car is just a month old and it would be a little too early to say that it matches factory standards.

Why am I not able to see the pics posted by testdrive :Frustrati

BTW Lx + All benefits of Ex is around 50K cheaper then Ex but the only reason I have seen people going for Ex on TBHP is because of getting factory fitted stuff as opposed to dealer modified stuff

-POGU