Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Buy or Hold (Ecosport vs Kushaq)
Ecosport 79 28.42%
Kushaq 172 61.87%
others(please write comment) 27 9.71%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2021, 18:59   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Buy Ford EcoSport, or hold on for Skoda Kushaq?

With the low running you have, I would not go for a diesel under any circumstances. Agree you mainly drive on highways, but the risk of choked DPFs and other maintenance issues on BS6 diesels makes them not worthwhile.

Doubt the Kushaq will be within ₹12 lakhs OTR - so think you need to look for something else. Struggle to think which car meets your requirements - May be the Petrol Ecosport or the Freestyle
Hayek is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 19:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

Voted others.

Would have voted for Kushaq and it looks promising but I think it will be over 12 lakhs. But no harm in waiting and the Taigun should be around soon too

Just based on your running of <5000kms per year I would suggest petrol over diesel.

Would suggest considering/TD the following :
- XUV 300 Petrol: looks SUVish(at least from the front), good turbo petrol and premium interiors but the boot space needs to be checked out for real.
- S-Cross : probably won't look that SUVish, good NA petrol
- Brezza : looks SUVish, good NA petrol

Please correct me if I am wrong but I am assuming that the time your car is standing still is in days/weeks right ?
Example, standing for 2 weeks then off to a 2-7 days trip then stationary again for 1-2 weeks ?
Questions for fellow BHPians :
1.If this is the case then wouldn't NA petrols make more sense than TC petrols ?
2. Would the TC Petrols cause any issues in such a use cycle ?

Last edited by shancz : 26th March 2021 at 19:02. Reason: ex
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 19:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Kushaq only for Novelty factor. Ecosport is bit long in tooth & is surely dated when compared to New entrant. I bet Ford is to blame for this than the product (Ecosport).

However, I feel the availability of Diesel Engine add to this equally competent 1.5 Petrol still make a case for the American.

I would be equally confused if I was on same boat. But, if I were to make a decision, I will definitely fall for newer vehicle, i.e. the Kushaq with brilliant 1 liter turbocharged engine (1.5 is good for Octavia entry level variants IMO).
CARDEEP is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 19:11   #19
BHPian

It seems that you will drive it mostly on weekends for short getaways. Given the distance you plan to cover in a 12 month period, a petrol would be a prudent choice. However if one chooses the Ecosport, the diesel is the engine of choice.

My suggestion is to keep the Fabia until there is clarity on pricing of the Kushaq. Worth the wait and there is no saying how they will price the Kushaq. It could be competitive to the extent that you might just stretch budget a little for a newer more competent vehicle.
Old 26th March 2021, 19:33   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

My vote goes for the Kushaq too and it should be a good overall package and have a fresh feel to the car.
Another option you can maybe consider is the Kia Sonet which will also fit your budget and requirements. While it has not been safety tested, it should be in the same safety range as the Venue which is 4 star rated. In a budget of 12 Lacs you should be a able to get the HTX 1.0 Imt variant which will also be convenient to drive.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 19:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Positives of Kushaq
Once the pricing is announced if the budget suits you then I would recommend the Kushaq for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
While it has not been safety tested, it should be in the same safety range as the Venue which is 4 star rated.
I am a bit surprised by your comment on the safety rating of the Sonet. To clarify, the ANCAP Rating for the Seltos was 5 stars and we know what happened when the Indian variant was tested...So would not speculate positively about the Safety rating of the Sonet which is positioned below the Seltos in Kia's line up in India. The Crash Rating for Venue of 4 stars again was from ANCAP and not GNCAP. Kia seems to know how to "cut" safety for India it appears.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 26th March 2021 at 19:59.
vsrivatsa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 19:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

There are several videos floating on the internet, which show the poor build of the interior door panels of the newly built examples of the EcoSport.

In addition, the product is already too old in the tooth.

Personally, I would prefer Kushaq anyday.
Old 26th March 2021, 20:15   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Won't vote without driving the Kushaq, but will surely say this = WAIT. It might just be sorted, especially with that turbo-petrol under the hood and if Skoda has tuned the suspension well. No chance it'll fit in your 12-lakh budget though.

Agreed that you need to change. Fabia is too old. Life is too short to live with an outdated car, if it's the only one in the house.

Would suggest you check out the XUV300 too. Fast, top quality, good suspension. If EcoSport, go for the beautiful 3-cylinder petrol as your running is less + the money saved will bump you up to a higher variant.
GTO is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 20:44   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I am a bit surprised by your comment on the safety rating of the Sonet. To clarify, the ANCAP Rating for the Seltos was 5 stars and we know what happened when the Indian variant was tested...So would not speculate positively about the Safety rating of the Sonet which is positioned below the Seltos in Kia's line up in India. The Crash Rating for Venue of 4 stars again was from ANCAP and not GNCAP. Kia seems to know how to "cut" safety for India it appears.
Thats true and I am actually Hesitant to recommend the Sonet because of Kia's Seltos record. But between the Seltos and Sonet the Sonet is much better in Build and one can pick up a well kitted GTX version also with six airbags. Anyway no one can guess until they really test the cars.
The Kushaq should be a better car, but in 12 lacs it may not be possible to get a higher variant with betters safety.
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 20:50   #25
BANNED

With the budget being 12 lac, and running being low. I believe that only base trim 1.0 TSi will probably fit in this budget.

I would simply suggest:

Get Ecosport top end petrol

Loaded with features, 6 airbags and all that can make you feel good. The engine is a gem. This engine has enough grunt to plant a smile on your face every time you drive it enthusiastically!

This 1.5 Ti-VCT can blow the doors off any 1.2 or 1.0 liter turbo petrol in the pedal to metal performance, offers a decent real world driveability, in fact, way way better than the Mahindra 1.2 and Hyundai 1.0 petrols to drive, reason being 'higher displacement', hence better low end grunt, very much refined, and since running is low, let's keep a simply VVT equipped engine, instead of a complex turbo charged machinery!

Last edited by VKumar : 26th March 2021 at 20:53.
VKumar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 21:17   #26
BHPian

Hi,
My suggestion would be to wait for a few months if you can. There's no doubt that the Ecosport is a wonderful car and arguably still one of the best in its segment but the Kushaq would offer you similar European build quality to your Fabia and the TSI engine is a gem. The kushaq being somewhat of a segment higher would offer better rear seat experience and the base or mid variants might just have all the essential features required.

One other thing, do not rule out the Petrol variant of the Ecosport. This Dragon series engine is fantastic in its own way and drives the car very well. I drive a Petrol AT Ecosport and the low end grunt is very much there, in fact being a NA engine I quite like the engine note when I drive with a slightly heavy right foot. It can even hold highway speeds effortlessly.
Shiftlock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 21:22   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Would suggest you check out the XUV300 too. Fast, top quality, good suspension. If EcoSport, go for the beautiful 3-cylinder petrol as your running is less + the money saved will bump you up to a higher variant.
Actually, I didn't even try XUV300 because of following reasons:
1) Boot space, i can live with this actually.
2) W8 doesn't get safety features like ESP, HLA, TCS etc. I've chosen Ecosport for these features. W8(o) 2.4 lacs expensive in Bangalore as ex showroom price crosses 9.99 bracket.

Otherwise XUV300 is a great choice.

For Ecosport titanium, its just 20k difference petrol vs diesel. I cannot go for higher variant as it is 2+ lacs away, taxes again.

To everyone:
It makes me feel sad that how people(outside KA) can give good suggestions without having to think much about taxes, but happy for you guys that you are in better state where taxes are low and roads do exist!

Last edited by ramki.grandhi : 26th March 2021 at 21:25.
ramki.grandhi is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 21:33   #28
BHPian

You keep cars for long. So my suggestion will be to wait rather than having a regret later. Don't know the price and driving experience for Kushaq. So just check it out once it comes and take a pick.
Old 26th March 2021, 21:45   #29
Senior - BHPian

Since you are not averse to a somewhat aging model (Ecosport), I would suggest Brezza.
Reliable, great after sales, Safe (4 star rated), well built , has nice NA petrol engine and the ZXI model is under 12L.
If you are not too keen on performance and if the hassle-free ownership is important, Kushaq is out IMO.

Last edited by Guna : 26th March 2021 at 21:47.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 00:30   #30
Senior - BHPian

From whatever I have read so far, it seems you want the EcoSport. If that is the car you love, do go ahead and get it. It is way too soon to comment on the Kushaq.
Beside, doubt if the pricing will be within the budget.

The EcoSport though a bit older today, is still a looker. It can get the job done and tackle urban bad roads.

Last edited by TrackDay : 27th March 2021 at 00:35.
TrackDay is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks