Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

View Poll Results: Buy or Hold (Ecosport vs Kushaq)
Ecosport 79 28.42%
Kushaq 172 61.87%
others(please write comment) 27 9.71%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2021, 09:52   #91
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Buy Ford EcoSport, or hold on for Skoda Kushaq?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Highly unlikely that you spotted a Kushaq. The Kushaq is not even available / produced in any bluish shade - the only colours which are going to be available at launch are: White, Red, Silver, Honey Orange and Carbon steel( Grey) None of these colours are even remotely Bluish in shade.
If you took any pics, please share. It might have been some other car that you spotted.
100% sure it was a Kushaq. No other Skoda car has that profile. Also it was gleaming in the sunlight like a new car does. Unfortunately I couldn't click pics as I was driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Counting negatives on a product not even launched or experienced is too premature!
Each to his own. The points I stated are facts. Kushaq might impress with the performance, ride and handling balance (which are the only unknown for now), but pretty sure the other points will affect its sales considerably.
07CR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 09:57   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Okay team, here is the dilemma. I've decided to get a new car to replace my Fabia, though it is perfectly running i've chosen to upgrade.
On Nissan Kicks you commented that you are not sure about Nissan's future in India. Just trying to understand here. With Ford trying to cede India operations to Mahindra and then reversing the plan. Not sure how this helps boost customer's confidence in Ford India.

EcoSport, though its a good product, it's a 10 year old design and Ford is working on replacing it by 2022. So I won't suggest you to put your money on it.

I think you should hold on to the current car for couple of years, reassess your requirements and budget and go for a car a segment or two higher in terms of Size, Safety and creature comfort.
Old 31st March 2021, 10:17   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Okay team, here is the dilemma. I've decided to get a new car to replace my Fabia, though it is perfectly running i've chosen to upgrade.

Context:
1) I need to upgrade my current car (Fabia, 2009, petrol, 43,000kms), working perfectly.
2) Budget <12 lacs (Previously it was 15 lacs, but reduced because of various reasons, changed my requirements also accordingly)
3) Usage: Very low, say 3000-5000kms per year. Mostly highway usage, for city usage we are depending on uber\ola\bus.
4) Requirements: Must be SUV(thanks to worthless bangalore roads and super bright lights on scooters/autos etc). Must be manual, not too worried about performance or mileage or running costs or resale value. But safety kit, comfort(nvh), reliability, and decent interiors takes bigger priority.
I'm in same dilemma as you, and was planning to replacing my 2013 Polo 1.2 MPI, it was sparingly used until I moved back to India and started driving it daily and covering around 9K Kms in city traffic in past 7 Months that too mostly in City traffic, duet to all these my requirement is also a Compact Automatic SUV and currently waiting for Kushaq and VW Taigun hoping they will price it right.
Old 31st March 2021, 12:15   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
100% sure it was a Kushaq. No other Skoda car has that profile. Also it was gleaming in the sunlight like a new car does. Unfortunately I couldn't click pics as I was driving.

Each to his own. The points I stated are facts. Kushaq might impress with the performance, ride and handling balance (which are the only unknown for now), but pretty sure the other points will affect its sales considerably.
It could be the Kamiq. They had some test cars without camouflage
Could you also please let us know where did you see or read about the inconsistencies and build issues
crazyro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 12:17   #95
S15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post

Must have been a Karoq.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ip-review.html (Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review)

Many ownership threads in this one -> https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ip-review.html (Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review)
S15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 12:54   #96
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S15 View Post
Must have been a Karoq.
Karoq is quite large. Definitely not the Karoq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
It could be the Kamiq. They had some test cars without camouflage
Could you also please let us know where did you see or read about the inconsistencies and build issues
Could be, but I am quite sure it was a Kushaq.
About the build related inconsistencies, this is all through the media house impressions. Here you can find the team stating it passively.

07CR is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 13:16   #97
BHPian

I think that BHPian RSR's post on Platforms is highly illuminating and informative. The curious thing while studying the monocoque structure is the presence of Ultra High strength steel re-reinforcements in some areas in the international models. I was pleasantly surprised to see the Indian Spec Verna having the same UHSS members as the international one. This would mean that in all probability the Verna might fare decently in a crash test of all the Hyundai's. The UHSS re-inforcements do have a reason to be in the monocoque at the end of the day. The plain reason is surviving a crash test with decent results. Lack of UHSS members simply implies cost cutting.

The Manufacturers can definitely engineer a safe car without Hot stamping members but we know that none of these manufacturers would invest in composite high strength lightweight materials considering the prohibitive cost. The Elantra also has a good amount of UHSS re-inforcements , more than the Verna and considering its cost i think its fair to assume its safety credentials are better than what Hyundai normally dishes out for poor indian consumers. Somewhere its an utterly shameful effort where the Korean businessman thinks of giving cars above a certain price point with strong monocoque structures and the rest can be just peddled behind the garb of gizmos and perceived heavier metal.
Old 31st March 2021, 13:21   #98
BHPian

Unless you're keen on Skoda and ready to stretch your budget, I don't see a point in waiting. Ecosport is a proven car and maintaining one is really very easy. Servicing costs are cheap and Tdci engine is very frugal in comparison to 1.0 TSI. So, I don't find it reasonable to wait for a car that will extend your initial budget and running costs over something that's proven. Good luck with your final decision. Hope you buy what will make you happy.
kptraveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 13:22   #99

I must say it's a very useful thread. I almost zeroed in on Ford Ecosport for the upgrade but waited to expect that 2021 will see a meaningful, practical upgrade of Ecosport but the new SE version was quite disappointing. Also, I am not too sure about Ford's future in India - I believe in Ecosport and Ford but looks like they are that interested in the Indian market.
Skoda Kushaq seems to be a brilliant product but fingers crossed that they will price it reasonably. People talked about niggles, that also seems to be a very valid point.
Old 31st March 2021, 22:04   #100
BHPian

Ecosport is beautiful product from all angles. Engine, ride quality, ride height, SUV feel, proven product etc etc. But one major issue is it is an old product. It will be upgraded soon. It could be almost at the end of its product lifecycle. Other than this one issue, I do not see any other negative points. Because of this, you might be able to get good deal as well and might go for reasonably an higher version. But with Skoda, I am personally, not a fan of Skoda and anyone who frequents teambhp.com should be aware of this. Since, you have Fabia, you will know better and looks like you are comfortable with it. The best thing with Kushaq, (perceivably), it is very very new and modern product and should give you that feel of a new car. This is something unmatchable by Ecosport.

Last edited by sgmuser : 31st March 2021 at 22:06. Reason: typo
sgmuser is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 17:36   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
Ecosport is beautiful product from all angles. Engine, ride quality, ride height, SUV feel, proven product etc etc. But one major issue is it is an old product. It will be upgraded soon. It could be almost at the end of its product lifecycle. Other than this one issue, I do not see any other negative points. Because of this, you might be able to get good deal as well and might go for reasonably an higher version. But with Skoda, I am personally, not a fan of Skoda and anyone who frequents teambhp.com should be aware of this. Since, you have Fabia, you will know better and looks like you are comfortable with it. The best thing with Kushaq, (perceivably), it is very very new and modern product and should give you that feel of a new car. This is something unmatchable by Ecosport.
God! So true.
After contemplating for days and reading 100s (may be 1000s) of posts on team bhp, I decided to buy an EcoSport AT (Petrol). But now they tell me there is 4 months waiting because of high demand. This is so annoying - to buy or wait?

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd April 2021 at 07:37. Reason: Excess dots, spaces removed, punctuation added
Old 2nd April 2021, 18:36   #102
BHPian

I doubt if the Kushaq base model would cost 12L on road - and even if it does, most likely would be barebones. However, in my opinion, its not worth the wait.
Considering the running, it makes more sense to opt for a Brezza / Urban Cruiser with the 1.5 NA petrol engines that are quieter & nicer to drive. Both are more spacious than the Ecosport & relatively newer too + would surely fetch a much better resale value when its time to upgrade.
Old 5th April 2021, 16:38   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saminxs View Post
God! So true.
After contemplating for days and reading 100s (may be 1000s) of posts on team bhp, I decided to buy an EcoSport AT (Petrol). But now they tell me there is 4 months waiting because of high demand. This is so annoying - to buy or wait?

It's not actually demand, rather their inability to manufacture due to a component shortage and Ford's growing apathy toward India.

I got my 3rd email expressing regret over the delivery getting delayed. I've kept my booking open for now, but test-drove the Nexon again (the 1st time around, I thought it lacked finesse). It has grown on me, and the dealer has said that I can expect delivery in 8 weeks, but the Ecosport's engine is way more tractable IMO. Going to wait this month out - hopefully we will have a better idea abut the Kushaq by then.

Which dealer are you currently speaking to?
Old 5th April 2021, 17:56   #104
BHPian

As you said, its good to wait for Kushaq and then make an informed decision accordingly. By the way, do let me know your asking price for the Fabia.
Old 9th April 2021, 03:59   #105
BHPian

Why don’t you try the iMT gearboxes from venue or sonet.
Sonet turbo petrol iMT will be a peppy car to drive or you could choose the 1.5 litre punchy diesel both will have good fuel efficiency.

Lastly, you could always try looking at the used car markets for 6 months to 1 year old Creta’s or Seltos’ - you wouldn’t maybe find it instantly but after a few weeks of wait a good deal always comes around.

Good luck with the decision.

Most Viewed