Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2021, 11:05   #61
BHPian

Re: How much of a gamble is it really to buy the Nissan Kicks?

das_ren_auto

It is totally your call here as no one can offer a perfect solution. If your heart says this is the car, but the only drawback is lack of service centers nearby, you can overlook that fact and go for it or drop it for peace of mind.
Nalin1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 09:54   #62

I am also planning to buy Kicks manual. My current drive is a chevy cruze 2010. I am addicted to such power and torque. The only vehicles that will be able to match such power will cost me upwards of 20 lac which is currently out of my budget. Hence, Kicks/seltos/creta are the only option I have from new vehicles.

I prefer Kicks because of the robust chassis it has which is shared with duster. We all know how capable duster is as it is in the market for almost a decade. Given the condition of our roads during monsoon, it is important to have a car that can tackle such bad roads without any hassle. 1.3 turbo petrol is brilliant and has awesome mid range.

You can't go wrong with Kicks as long as you are ok with doing away with fancy feature that the Korean twins offer. I buy only those cars which give excellent driving pleasure and kicks seems to be one of them.
sidg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 21:53   #63
BHPian

Hello everybody this thread is giving me a lot of valid inputs as I am in the same junction at the present in date. I have two cars Thar CRDE 2017 and Maruti Ritz. Presently I want to upgrade my Ritz and top contender is the Nissan Kicks 1.5 L naturally aspirated engine as 1.3 Turbo is out of my budget. As the 1.0 L 3 cylinder models donot entice me at all and I want a proper 4 cylinder engine car with good suspension and safety is one of the top priority as my maximum use will be on highway due to my nature of job as it requires a lot of touring.

Have done TD of the 1.5 L Kicks twice and found it to be adequate but FE is one of my concerns along with after sales service and parts in the long run of ownership as I would keep the car for atleast 10 years.

Would request for suggestions and advice.
Old 24th October 2021, 22:17   #64
BHPian

Voted: NO
I will buy a Maruti only if they ever bring the same build quality as the "Maruti Kizashi". That was one of my favourite car in its times.

Last edited by Aditya : 25th October 2021 at 05:04. Reason: Grammar, spacing
rpmmachine is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th October 2021, 12:25   #65
BHPian

It's been a while since I posted this thread. Since cancelling the Kicks booking, I looked and re-looked at several other contenders. I rejected the EcoSport despite all its competence due to the murmurs even back then about Ford's future and we all know now how that panned out. I test-drove the Harrier manual and was almost on the verge of purchasing the XZA variant, until I figured out that it just wouldn't fit in my garage- it is just too wide. That was when the Astor unveiling happened and I thought it looked promising. As it turned out, I ended up booking the top-end turbo AT with ADAS and all. I am told the vehicle will be delivered around the last week of November. In the meanwhile, I have received an offer of Rs 1.70L for the Punto on OLX. Let's see how that goes.

Last edited by riturajsharma19 : 28th October 2021 at 12:26.
Old 7th November 2021, 22:27   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riturajsharma19 View Post
It's been a while since I posted this thread. Since cancelling the Kicks booking, I looked and re-looked at several other contenders. I rejected the EcoSport despite all its competence due to the murmurs even back then about Ford's future and we all know now how that panned out. I test-drove the Harrier manual and was almost on the verge of purchasing the XZA variant, until I figured out that it just wouldn't fit in my garage- it is just too wide. That was when the Astor unveiling happened and I thought it looked promising. As it turned out, I ended up booking the top-end turbo AT with ADAS and all. I am told the vehicle will be delivered around the last week of November. In the meanwhile, I have received an offer of Rs 1.70L for the Punto on OLX. Let's see how that goes.
Hi Rituraj, I am on the verge of booking the Kicks 1.5 naturally aspirated engine after looking and taking TD 's of a no of options like the Venue, Sonet diesels, Breeza, Duster both 1.5 & 1.3. Your suggestions please.
Old 13th January 2022, 19:07   #67
BHPian

After shortlisting several cars, test driving a few and having booked the Nissan Kicks and cancelling it later, I finally managed to end my two year car hunt with the MG Astor Sharp (O) in Glaze Red. Here are some pics from the day of delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
How much of a gamble is it really to buy the Nissan Kicks?-img_20220108_125037.jpg  

How much of a gamble is it really to buy the Nissan Kicks?-img1013.jpg  

riturajsharma19 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 08:12   #68
BHPian

Congratulations Reeturaj for your Astor. Attaching few pictures of my Nissan Kicks 1.5 XV model on the day of delivery and at home parked alongside with my Thar CRDE. Very happy with my decision choosing the Kicks awesome product from Nissan and very well priced. Had seen the Astor too but found it to be overpriced.
Attached Thumbnails
How much of a gamble is it really to buy the Nissan Kicks?-img20220103173154.jpg  

How much of a gamble is it really to buy the Nissan Kicks?-img20220104105201.jpg  

How much of a gamble is it really to buy the Nissan Kicks?-img20220104105115.jpg  

Jajabor is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 20:23   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jajabor View Post
Congratulations Reeturaj for your Astor. Attaching few pictures of my Nissan Kicks 1.5 XV model on the day of delivery....
Thank you and many congratulations to you too for the new Kicks. I will always have a soft corner for the Kicks for the way it drives. Wish you lakhs of kilometers of fun with the Kicks.
riturajsharma19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 17:37   #70

I have bought Nissan KICKS CVT and let me tell you it is a gem of a car.

Let me tell you some of great points of the car-
1. Great and differentiated styling
2. Extremely reliable CVT gearbox
3. Best in class Turbo engine (same engine powers Mercedes A class). It is build to last.
4. Best of safety features
5. Great ride and comfort
6. Great space and boot size

The heart and soul of this car is the engine and it's performance. I am yet to find somebody who has issues with CVT Kicks while I have seen complaints for all other competition variants.

I am getting an average of 12-13 KMPL in city driving and 16-18 on Highways (including Hills).

I have nothing against competition products such as Creta or Seltos. They are equally competent cars. However, the performance is top notch for Nissan due it's heart & soul engine paired with CVT gearbox. You save easily 4lacs from competition for not so really required accessories.

The success of Magnite has re-inforced belief for Nissan in operations for India.

For somebody looking for a no - nonsense car, this is it.
sabbu44 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 21:12   #71

Folks,

After much thought, finally settled for the Kicks 1.5 XV Petrol.

The waiting period was around 10 days, and this was probably from the last lot of 2021 manufactured Kicks.

After a month of owning, I can list out the below bits, that can help someone who is planning to buy one.

Pros:
- A Japanese brand known for quality
- Best value for money product in the segment
- XV trim gets all the necessary features - Rear defogger and wiper, rear arm rest, rear ac vents, fog lamps, automatic climate control, cooled glove box, 17" alloys etc.
- Brilliant ride quality in the city and highways, including ghats. Takes whatever is thrown at it.
- Steering weighs up nicely and you feel in total control
- Elegant and classy looks, stands out of the clutter and a definite head turner
- Engine is powerful and well refined
- Impressive NVH insulation, the cabin feels so silent

Cons:
- Front armrest cannot be opened for storage
- Hand brake is positioned in a way it gets annoying at times due to congestion
- XV trim should have come with LED headlamps
- Door locking internally for individual doors is not possible
- Nissan service centres aren't that widely located, so if you stay in a non metro or a remote place, it might bother you
- Nissan Connect comes with limited features for XV trim and below.
Milesmuncher is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 22:09   #72
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milesmuncher View Post
Folks,

After much thought, finally settled for the Kicks 1.5 XV Petrol.
Wishing you good luck and happy miles!
Do you mind telling the deal/price you got? are there any 1.5XV 2021 left?
Old 4th May 2022, 22:18   #73
Senior - BHPian

You can buy a "flopped" product from a "successful" brand and getaway with it, like I did when I got an Elantra from Hyundai and owned it for 13 years before selling it. If you buy a "flopped" product from an "unsuccessful" brand chances are you'll part with it earlier with an lot of heart burn after taking a huge financial hit. Chances of not having not proper after sales support and service is always there.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 09:35   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
Wishing you good luck and happy miles!
Do you mind telling the deal/price you got? are there any 1.5XV 2021 left?
Thank you!

Well I bought it in Dec 2021. It was a Nov 2021 manufactured car. XV 1.5 Petrol trim costed me 11.71 Lac OTR. Bundled with 5 year Gold Prepaid Maintenance Plan. Since Nissan Kicks is made to order, there are very little chances you will find one in dealer stock, unless someone has cancelled the booking at the last moment.
Old 5th May 2022, 11:28   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbu44 View Post

I am getting an average of 12-13 KMPL in city driving and 16-18 on Highways (including Hills).
Can you update on your Kicks CVT after using this much time. Has the average increased? 12-13 KMPL mentioned above is in b2b traffic?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks