Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2022, 17:54   #76
BANNED

Re: How much of a gamble is it really to buy the Nissan Kicks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
Can you update on your Kicks CVT after using this much time. Has the average increased? 12-13 KMPL mentioned above is in b2b traffic?
I have driven 3000 KMs (CVT) light footed moderate load , highway city 50-50 so far consumed 200 litres of petrol as on April 2022. Translate to 15 kmpl. But my recent MID showing 12-11.7 kmpl during every 200+ city driving
Kick'OKicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 09:54   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbu44 View Post
4. Best of safety features
5. Great ride and comfort

.... 16-18 on Highways (including Hills)
1. I guess the Kicks CVT has only 2 front airbags. So is it good enough for safety nowadays? Though nothing is safe if you are sharing the roads with lunatic drivers.

2. How good it is in rural Gurgaon, new Gurgaon pathetic roads?

3. On which hill roads you drove the Kicks CVT? How did it fill like with full load? How was it in the hairpin bends inclines? And could you easily overtake the slow moving trucks safely in the lower hills? (Why asking this, sometimes the lower foothill roads are full of truckloads, for example upto bilaspur in Himachal, or the construction dumpers, RMC s; and we need to sometimes overtake for maintain progress or save ourselves).

4. Which dealer in Gurgaon?
Old 6th May 2022, 10:33   #78

Well 2 Airbags is the fact. I can't really comment on the safety aspect. Understanding it is a tough vehicle, I am hoping it will keep me safe.

In rural Gurgaon, it is equally comfortable. The CVT shines through. Pathetic roads is where it has an edge in terms of the ride. However, I must call out that the car has Hydraulic steering system. It is not like a butter smooth EPS, but gives you a better control. However, this also means that you will feel the road presence on steering wheel as well. It will not cushioned up. I have a venue turbo DCT as well at home and I could compare. Understanding the dynamics of driving, I'll prefer hydraulic over EPS.

There is no challenge with power whatsoever. I drove with 4 people onboard and luggage. No issues as all. It overtakes without any challenge. There is no Darth of power with this vehicle. You will be surprised with the performance. Other benefit is trip tonic gear box where I switch to manual to experience the rpm. Joyride it is.

I bought it from Vertex Sohna Road.

In terms of performance there is no match to this car in this segment. The competitors in the segment are equally equipped and capable. However they don't feel like an SUV when you drive (plus they are 4 lacs expensive). They lack the ruggedness of a SUV. Plus, they are no match on bad roads. Though Kicks clearly is at disadvantage considering features competition offers (wireless car play, display etc.), for me a functional car is enough. I just needed a great car with AC and a music player. The engine is the heart of any vehicle and this one has the best in the segment. Engine co created by Nissan, Renault and Mercedes. Kia/Creta have always created great Diesel engines but not Petrol. All SUV sales are highly skewed to Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
Can you update on your Kicks CVT after using this much time. Has the average increased? 12-13 KMPL mentioned above is in b2b traffic?
I am at 9200 kms on ODO. My city average is 12kmpl. The MID is fairly accurate (variation of 0.5). My venue turbo DCT gives me 11kmpl and MID shows 13.5. On mileage, Kicks performs much better.

This is in current summers with AC on all the time. In winters, I used to get 12.5-13KMPL easily in city drive.

Last edited by vb-saan : 6th May 2022 at 11:45. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
sabbu44 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 22:36   #79
BHPian

Thank you Sabbi44 for the detailed feedback.

Right now I have swift petrol 6 years old. But I have started driving since the first lockdown (lockdown learner!). However, during the long drives I feel tired and we need a little bigger car actually. Also, I have knee problem and hence struggle a lot in bumper to bumper traffic for Delhi NCR.

I am looking for bulletproof reliability, adequately powerful, sturdy, good suspension, safe and good fuel efficiency, ESP, ABS, rear defogger and wiper, rear view camera, touch navigation screen, electrically foldable and electrically adjustable ORVM, bootspace of 300-350 litre. It must have good handling in twisting hill roads and hairpin bends; and a tight footprint (easy for the single lane roads in hills).

I don't need sunroof, auto headlamps, auto IRVM, rain sensing wipers, TPMS, ventilated seats, climate control, zone control, LED or Laser exterior lightings, air purifier etc.

The reliability and good FE may indicate Maruti Suzuki make. However, I find the Brezza/ UC are just a raised swift with little more spacious front seats and a bigger engine.

The kicks perhaps fulfill majority of my requirements. I read in this forum and many other places like YouTube that the platform is very old. I don't find any harm in having older platform if it is strong and good even in modern era. I read CVT is not that good. But CVT of Kicks seems to be good enough.

Today when I was leaving office, could see a red coloured Kicks in cybercity. The rear passenger area was very spacious. One thing I didn't like is the front grill portion. It looks like the snout of muskrat or beavers (this is my personal view).

And kicks on road price seems to be easy for pocket.
Old 7th May 2022, 09:01   #80
BHPian

Happy to see this thread alive again. Is there any info about Nissan launching updated Kicks or Kicks e-power in India. Now that Honda has launched hybrid city at 19.5 Lakhs, Nissan may be repenting their decision not to launch it here. It was a better car in every aspect than City Hybrid. They would have easily got the first mover advantage long back.
das_ren_auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 18:50   #81
BHPian

I was going through numerous YouTube videos of Nissan Kicks for past few days. And many owners claimed that the body structure of Nissan Kicks is made of "Graphene" and it is hence 200 times stronger than steel.

Whereas what I found in Nissan's website that the "Graphene" term used by them is some kind of design philosophy of their body structure used for Kicks. Nissan website says:

"The body is designed and built with GRAPHENE (Gravity-philic Energy Absorption) Body Structure, which has inherent capability to absorb impact energy making the NEW NISSAN Kicks Stronger, Safer and Durable on Indian roads."

These owners should understand difference between Graphene material and Nissan's design philosophy of automobile body structure before their statements all over YouTube and other social media.

I find it a bad marketing gimmick, just to confuse potential customers with some similar terms so that customers/ owners think they have a superior product.
Attached Thumbnails
How much of a gamble is it really to buy the Nissan Kicks?-screenshot_20220514183925.png  

Last edited by RijuC : 14th May 2022 at 18:52.
Old 14th May 2022, 20:12   #82
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
I was going through numerous YouTube videos of Nissan Kicks for past few days. And many owners claimed that the body structure of Nissan Kicks is made of "Graphene" and it is hence 200 times stronger than steel.

Whereas what I found in Nissan's website that the "Graphene" term used by them is some kind of design philosophy of their body structure used for Kicks. Nissan website says:

"The body is designed and built with GRAPHENE (Gravity-philic Energy Absorption) Body Structure, which has inherent capability to absorb impact energy making the NEW NISSAN Kicks Stronger, Safer and Durable on Indian roads."

These owners should understand difference between Graphene material and Nissan's design philosophy of automobile body structure before their statements all over YouTube and other social media.

I find it a bad marketing gimmick, just to confuse potential customers with some similar terms so that customers/ owners think they have a superior product.
Even I was initially under the impression that it was a material. But later I realised that the name actually means it's structural design.

Yes, the design is bit stale, not many jazzy features in it. But the power, driving comfort, no body roll suspension, good sound system coupled with almost zero cabin noise (excellent NVH), excellent low end torque is so sweet that you can easily negotiate bumper to bumper traffic with full load, ac on, without hitting the pedal hard are some of the great positives. Steering wheels also electric assisted hydraulic, meaning great for City drives and highway driving, but some people say it is hard but not for me at least. Overall excellent package for the price.
Old 15th May 2022, 12:35   #83

Quote:
Thank you Sabbi44 for the detailed feedback.

Right now I have swift petrol 6 years old. But I have started driving since the first lockdown (lockdown learner!). However, during the long drives I feel tired and we need a little bigger car actually. Also, I have knee problem and hence struggle a lot in bumper to bumper traffic for Delhi NCR.
This car has everything that you need. The driving dynamics is unmatched in this category. I TD Kushaq also, but no match. Go for CVT if possible, it makes it a complete package. I have driven in hills and absolutely joy ride it is. Great handling and fantastic power to support. The CVT is working very well. You have option to switch to manual on a day you want to stretch the redline.

The boot is more than 400 ltr, System is adequate (CarPlay works), AC is effective, Driving dynamics is fantastic. Strongly recommend. Remember, every new tech has teething issues (you would find numerous videos on YT for competition brands). The car has all the necessary time tested functionality and they work well.

I am in Gurgaon and my car is returning 11-12KMPL with full AC on. On highway it is upwards of 15KMPL.

Last edited by vb-saan : 15th May 2022 at 14:49. Reason: For ease of reading please avoid quoting the whole post. Thank you!
sabbu44 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 22:46   #84
BHPian

Today visited the Nissan Vertex Gurgaon showroom in the late evening. There was a white coloured Kicks 1.3 Turbo MT on display. Checked out the interior ergonomics thoroughly.

For me (6 feet tall and bulky), the windshield top horizontal line is absolutely no problem even at a much higher seat position. And still I got a fair amount of headroom left. No hindrance to the visibility. Overall visibility from the driver's seat was found pretty good. Though the A pillar blocking the view can be judged during a full fledged test drive only (however I am not a lady person and move my head and neck to check out oncoming traffic in my Swift). The IRVM is a bit narrow, but it nicely covers the entire rear view. Interior surfaces are acceptable to me (compared to my old gen Swift).

Front seats are adequate for large frame bodies (at least for me).

The ergonomic problems I found are listed below, and those are serious shortcomings:

1. The handbrake position is obstructed by the front armrest. The armrest is fixed type and can't be moved vertical. Hence operation of the handbrake is obstructed. Also, sometimes there are situations in hills / inclines when we have to pull the handbrake half way to get out of situations. It cannot be done easily/ comfortably in Kicks.

2. Due to this worthless armrest, fastening the seatbelt ior releasing it s extremely cumbersome.

3. Driver's footwell is too much cramped. The central console is eating away space from left. And there is a box type structure on the right side next to A pedal and my feet was knocking that area. There is absolutely no place to even stretch the feets during very long drives (yes, we sometimes do it for couple of seconds in long stretches, isn't it?). There is absolutely no space.

3. On rear bench, moving from left to right or vice-versa is obstructed by the rear AC blower vent.

4. The fixed headrest of rear bench middle passenger ( when 3 passengers occupy the rear bench) is set at very low position. And a full size adult would feel the fixed headrest on his/ her upper cervical spine. Very bad positioning.

5. Front seat headrests are few mm inside.

Yes, the horizontal seat position only moves up and down. But for my body type and physical condition I didn't face any problem. However this could be due to the reason that I found the suitable seating position quickly.

MT gear position is good. I could operate keeping my elbow on the armrest. Didn't find any issue with gear operation. However the clutch travel is much longer than my Swift. I can't drive this MT due to my bad knees. Need a CVT when I go next for the TD.

Loved the way the doors closed and the closing sound for the display car. However when I repeated the door operations in the TD car, it felt much lighter. However, the entire body shell felt much better than my old Swift.

Another doubt I had about the door design. The door covers the door sil area from outside. There is a thin filmsy elastomer seal also, to prevent mud and water and dust entry. However I found the bottom most door metal contour/ fold full of mud in the TD vehicle. And the protection seal is fully covering the door hinge part below the B pillar. I guess it will be a nightmare in Indian roads.

How the kicks owners are dealing with this aspect? I am worried about possible corrosion due to water/ chemical and salt contents in water mud sewerage mixed flood water.

Delighted to see the engine bay protection structures. The SA told there is a structure protecting the entire bay from front side. And the engine bay was very busy with all tubes and connections running here and there. Need line IDs and nameplates like we have in industries! The wires of DRL was bare, the sleeve didn't cover them fully upto the connector end. And I think the exposed insulation will crack on long run due to heat and physical bending.

Wipers are good. Coverage is also very good, even for the rear wiper.

Queries to the Kicks owners:

1. How do you deal with the ergonomics issues (in my opinion) detailed above?

2. How is the door inside bottom area and B pillar bottom area conditions after a long drive or drive through dusty, mud, slushes, water, flooded roads?

3. How do you feel about small narrow footwell during long drives like 500-600 km a day or 12 hours drive at a stretch?

Too many opinions, doubts and questions? I developed a soft corner for the Kicks actually!
RijuC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 14:02   #85
BANNED

Quote:
Queries to the Kicks owners:

1. How do you deal with the ergonomics issues (in my opinion) detailed above?

2. How is the door inside bottom area and B pillar bottom area conditions after a long drive or drive through dusty, mud, slushes, water, flooded roads?

3. How do you feel about small narrow footwell during long drives like 500-600 km a day or 12 hours drive at a stretch?
Ergonomics, especially the central console is an issue and the arm rest is not designed with the comfort & utility in mind. No cup holder, no practical usae of small pit under USB sockets. This is something you need to live with it

I don't see any issues under door bottom. It is properly insulated and I have added a long strip of edge guard around door edges for all doors, have also installed side steps. Even otherwise I haven't seen any issues wrt water seeping inside. To be frank I haven't taken it when the roads are flooded.

Regarding footwell, stretching legs may be an issue but haven't tried stretching it while driving. In my 2004 Honda City EX Manual Transmission, I used to do that.

Mine is CVT which navigates City traffic like a two wheeler listening to my light footed throttle, very well. I haven't done spirited driving yet but in highways I could complete 600 KMs round trip under 2000 RPM range(100 KMPH max speed) without any sign of tiredness.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 17th May 2022 at 14:58. Reason: Please quote only relevant sections of the post, for easy readability.
Old 24th May 2022, 21:47   #86
BHPian

Hi Jajabor. I need some info on the Guwahati Dealership of Nissan. Did you buy the Kicks from Binod Nissan or SSB Nissan. I have been contemplating on the Kicks 1.5 NA petrol.
I am based out of Umroi, Meghalaya. Since it is such a low sales no veh very little owner info is available. Would be grateful if you could share your ownership experience and dealer experience personally.
Thanks and Regards.
Old 4th August 2022, 22:52   #87
GST
BHPian

If you could please let me know the kerb weight of Nissan Kicks Turbo 1.3, I will be very thankful. I am thinking of buying it after lot of deliberations keeping in mind heavy enough solidly built car without niggles- a Maruti like fill and forget machine. Thank you.

Kicks is a proper mid sized SUV, dimension wise and with a proper 4 cylinder engine for adequate power to pull the 1380 kg monster. You are comparing ₹15-₹16 lakhs OTR top of the line "segment above" SUV with ₹20-₹24 lakhs "segment below" vehicles some with substantial waiting period and some has 3 cylinder engines. Choice is yours.[/quote]
Old 14th September 2022, 17:34   #88
BHPian

Today I requested for a test drive of Nissan kicks 1.3 Turbo CVT. The Sales advisor of Vertex Nissan, Sohna Road Gurgaon (Mr. Rahul) said that they were asked not to accept any Kicks 1.3 Turbo booking and the production is also on hold.

Is this information true?
Old 18th September 2022, 20:08   #89
BHPian

Update to the above post:

Today I visited the Vertex Nissan dealership in Sohna Road, Gurgaon to verify again whether the information about production stop and no booking for Nissan Kicks 1.3 Turbo CVT is correct or not.

The sales persons present there confirmed that the production and booking are stopped as on date.

They have also informed that new models of Nissan named Qashqai and Ariya are expected to be launched in India by February, 2023. They had two large size photographs of these two models on the wall. The SA informed that Qashqai will have the option of same 1.3 Turbo engine. Ariya seem to be either EV or a Hybrid car.

Last edited by RijuC : 18th September 2022 at 20:10.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 15:45   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Update to the above post:

Today I visited the Vertex Nissan dealership in Sohna Road, Gurgaon to verify again whether the information about production stop and no booking for Nissan Kicks 1.3 Turbo CVT is correct or not.

The sales persons present there confirmed that the production and booking are stopped as on date.

They have also informed that new models of Nissan named Qashqai and Ariya are expected to be launched in India by February, 2023. They had two large size photographs of these two models on the wall. The SA informed that Qashqai will have the option of same 1.3 Turbo engine. Ariya seem to be either EV or a Hybrid car.
On contrary,online bookings are being accepted.Today I had booked one with Nissan Mysore
Attached Thumbnails
How much of a gamble is it really to buy the Nissan Kicks?-screenshot_20220919_154437_gallery.jpg  

das_ren_auto is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks