Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2022, 11:23   #31
BHPian

Re: Conundrum - Jeep Compass or used BMW X1

Definitely a used BMW X1 with low miles is a much better buy. You get a car that is a whole segment higher and more importantly a much better driving car than the compass. The instant acceleration that you get when you put your foot down is priceless. As per reliability concerns, I haven't really had any issues in the 20k kms that I have done. Insurance cost comes out to roughly 50k per year and service cost roughly 30k per year. You should be able to get a good diesel example in roughly 30 lakh range.
Old 30th January 2022, 06:17   #32

Hi folks, gotta update and close the thread. I got a sweet deal back in September for a used Volvo S60 2018. Jumped ship at that instant. Done appx 30k on the ODO, got it for 21 big ones, which is quite nice I guess. Although I know now that the warranty is going to be over in a year or two, service costs are going to be high, this car trumps in driver comfort or all other my needs.
NarulaAJ is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 14:39   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarulaAJ View Post
Hi folks, gotta update and close the thread. I got a sweet deal back in September for a used Volvo S60 2018. Jumped ship at that instant. Done appx 30k on the ODO, got it for 21 big ones, which is quite nice I guess.
Wow! Congratulations. That's quite a catch.

I have been keeping an eye for Compass for some time now. Guess I should also add a used Volvo to the list.

Quote:
Although I know now that the warranty is going to be over in a year or two, service costs are going to be high
Do update this thread with service costs. Haven't seen much info about Volvo's service costs.
Old 27th February 2022, 15:36   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashg View Post

Do update this thread with service costs. Haven't seen much info about Volvo's service costs.
Yeah, I'm going for a major service. And I got a quote of 60k... atrocious!

But then, I actually included this in my budget while buying it in the first place.
I've decided after my warranty is over, I will probably get the servicing done from somewhere else.

Does anyone have an idea, if "Luxury Ride", the niche car reseller, is a good place to get my servicing done in the future.
NarulaAJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 17:56   #35
BHPian

There are two aspects too consider;

- Initial Cost
- Cost of ownership

Which bracket is of more concern to you?

Both Jeep Compass & X1 will have high cost of ownership but between these two X1 will be higher.

I am ok with initial high cost but dislike cost of ownership to be high or daily niggles etc. Hence would pick neither of these two instead will go for Hyundai Tucson or Toyota Fortuner etc. or buy something a level lower then my price bracket if its of real interest to compensate for niggle induced ownership like Thar etc.

Most Viewed