MG Hector Plus 21 5.98%
Mahindra XUV500 14 3.99%
Toyota Innova Crysta 167 47.58%
Other (please specify in your post) 8 2.28%
Voters: 351. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2021, 11:51   #16
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar vs Tata Safari vs MG Hector Plus vs Toyota Innova Crysta vs others

I am with the Innova because first, I bought one and will be taking delivery in a few days. Second, is the price gap between Safari, Alcazar and the Innova is just 3-4 lakhs.

Third, and many miss this point, the Innova has far less features but the quality of materials used and the fit and finish is at least a level above the other cars in comparison. Fourth, it's much safer, is crash tested and has an extra air bag I believe.
Old 7th July 2021, 12:10   #17
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar vs Tata Safari vs MG Hector Plus vs Toyota Innova Crysta vs others

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
I am with the Innova because first, I bought one and will be taking delivery in a few days.
Have you sold your Hexa?
Old 7th July 2021, 12:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Just 2 days back I checked Tata Safari Adventure Persona. Just one word - Awesome !!

Tata has done tremendous job and this beast looks gorgeous from every angle, inside out. Interiors are also very good and quality can be seen in almost all parts.

If I am in market with 25 Lakhs, I will buy Tata Safari Adventure eyes closed. Great job done by Tata.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 12:23   #19
BHPian

The Crysta it is for me. There is no other car that I would plonk Rs 25 - Rs 30 Lakh. With this kind of money it needs to be reliable and last atleast 10 years. Though I am a fan of Tata, my comfort level with them stops at the Nexon. No way I would buy an extremely costly vehicle (For me atleast) from either Tata or Mahindra or VW or Skoda. The risk is too high.
Old 7th July 2021, 13:26   #20
BHPian

Voted for the Safari as I have put the money where my mouth is :-)

I was in the exact same spot 3 months ago... My need: Automatic, diesel, powerful, high GC, ferry 5 people in comfort (+2 occasional or luggage space), ~30L budget, no compromise on Safey (rear disc brakes, 6 airbags, ABS, EBD), nice to have features (panaromic sunroof, electric parking brake, cruise control, etc.,) = the one car that met all my needs was the Safari with the bench seats! I bought the Adventure Persona XZA+ for those interiors and a lighter exterior shade - both non white.

It isn't a perfect product - can have better reliability, interior fit and finish (rough edges), steering calibration to be inversed, motorized boot opening, 4 front parking sensors (has none), better reverse parking cam and 4 sensors (has only 2), 360 degree camera (must need), larger touch screen (thiner bezels), bonnet hydraulic struts, full LED headlights, etc.,

But end of the day, Safari is definitely the product that is the most VFM.

MG Hector+ - Too Chinese, no autobox diesel, liked the looks, might not take abuse
Hyundai Alcazar - Not a proper 5+2 seater, 1.5L engine not powerful enuf, but the most smoothest and refined engine+tranny
Toyota Innova Crysta - Z is a 4 + 2 seater, no rear discs, not feature loaded, expensive by 4 lakhs, loved the captain seats

Last edited by AirWind : 7th July 2021 at 13:30.
AirWind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 14:38   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Have you sold your Hexa?
Yes, 5 weeks back. Got picked up by a fellow Bhpian.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 16:06   #22
BHPian

Hands down it must be Innova Crysta for the Toyota Badge and the all round abilities as a people mover with superb comfort...

Alcazar - Would pick Creta over this as the usability of 2nd and 3rd Row has been compromised.
MG Hector Plus - Brand image and resale value is not there. Also i still think the service and maintenance is a gamble
Tata Safari - Due to niggles and service issues, i would not pick this.
XUV500 - Too dated and the replacement is on the cards
Old 7th July 2021, 16:19   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Have voted for the Innova. It is the only usable 7 seater for long distance traveling & provides exceptional comfort making it ideal for chauffeur driven owners.
The XUV is another option but simply too dated now.
Old 7th July 2021, 16:46   #24
BHPian

Since Hexa is not in production as of now, I will buy an Innova for my self if that was the segment I am shopping in.

Hexa is a hell of a product, not sure why Tata killed it (yes, I know there are plans to bring it back in BS6 format, but when?). Still, I feel sad to have picked up Nexon over Hexa whenever I see a Hexa passing by. But, the difference in EMI was massive - 20K per month which I cannot afford. So, when I see the bank statement, I am too happy that I didn't buy Hexa.

At the same time, I am not at all sad in my decision of picking up Nexon (sorry for going a bit off-topic)
Old 7th July 2021, 16:47   #25
BHPian

for many, who hunt for a UV in the 20-25L price bracket, most of them are stretching their finances and hence would prefer a solid, reliable car. Also, a car which can be safely considered as a mildly depreciating investment rather than one which finds difficult to sell after few years. Hence Innova is the one which ticks predominantly most of the points as the money invested is safer than others.

Further, not just from the safety of the finance, the car itself is good to drive (I drive a Z MT) and have no issues with that. Toyota Service and spare parts cost are other factors to consider, and above all, the roominess and the comfort it offers.

The next one would be the XUV500

Tata Safari - While it looks good, I am not sure I will put in 25L on a TATA product yet

Alcazar - Honestly I do not compare this one with any one of the above as all those are a segment above.

Swami
Old 8th July 2021, 09:16   #26
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I guess Innova is the only one designed and built from the ground up as a 7 seater and it shows. Everything else is a compromise. They are 5 seaters with 2 add-on seats. It may not have the fancy electronics or raw power, but it does a great job of moving 7 people in good comfort over long distances.

I still think Tata should have launched the new Hexa with new engine and some cosmetic changes. I had taken a test drive of Hexa AT in 2017 and it was so comfortable to drive even in Bangalore city traffic.
Old 8th July 2021, 09:33   #27
BHPian

I am not a target customer for this segment. But let us take a hypothetical case - I do not care about the third row so if I ever get a three-row car, I will toss out the third row to make more room for luggage on my long-distance road-trips.

I have voted for the Innova Crysta. While people have already mentioned a lot of pros and cons, the following two factors strongly affect my decision:
  1. The Innova Crysta is the only Japanese brand on the list. It may be boring to some but the engineering quality, reliability and peace-of-mind more than make up for it.
  2. The Innova Crysta is the only body-on-frame, rear-wheel-drive vehicle on the list. I would prefer this setup over the front-well-drive, monocoque setup that everyone else is offering.
Old 8th July 2021, 10:22   #28
Senior - BHPian

Picking something is not going to be straight forward. I would pick the Alcazar or the Innova based on what my needs are.

Innova: If I need comfortable 7 seater, carry loads of luggage, keep the car for long, eyes shut Innova is an easy pick.

Alcazar: Have a small family but need bigger boot, or occasional jump seat for kids and if the car has to be feature rich, Alcazar it has to be.

Hector comes in close but misses Auto tranny in diesel and petrol is underpowered. Safari has its niggles and doesnot get petrol motor.

Another advantage for Innova is, its the only Body on Frame. The ride only going to get better with load, all other cars will sag and impact the ride. On the flip side, monocoque's will handle better when driving solo.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 11:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

I'm in the market for a 6-7 seater SUV and based on my criteria the only good option I see currently is Safari. Will I buy one right away? Short answer is NO! I will wait for a substantial update. Also I'm not sure if it makes sense to buy a diesel given the fact that the world is moving towards EV's.

While Innova is a proven workhorse, I don't think I'll ever like to see myself driving a people mover!

XUV 500 -- Needs a major refresh.

Hector -- This British undercover agent from China looks quirky to say the least.

Alcazar -- I had high expectations from this car. I expected it to be the Tiger if not Lion of the cat family, it turned out to be the Lynx (keeping the rear end in mind).

Last edited by HammerHead : 8th July 2021 at 11:06.
Old 8th July 2021, 12:18   #30
BHPian

Blindly voted for the Safari.

Just saw a white Harrier last night yesterday and honestly I thought it was a LR (it was at a distance). The Harrier / Safari look just that good.

It now has a competent engine (it always did but the detuned state was just inexplicable), a sorted auto and yes there might be niggles, but am willing to take that risk.

I rarely buy a car blindly, and test drive all in that segment, a few below and above, but if I am in the market for a 5 / 6 / 7 seater SUV sub 30 lakhs...Harrier it would be.

When I picked up my Seltos in Nov 2019, I was so deadset on the Harrier, but the detuned engine, the horrible clutch (5 mins and I got Arnold like thighs), lack of an auto and a horrible horrible TD experience meant I had to junk it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks