Mahindra XUV500 15 2.38%
Volkswagen T-Roc 61 9.68%
Other (please specify in your post) 35 5.56%
Voters: 630. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2021, 16:04   #31
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Jeep Compass vs others

I voted Others => I pick(ed) the SAFARI automatic and I put my money where my mouth is at... for a little more money, usable 4/5 seats +2 or boot, rear disc brakes, panaromic sun roof, electric parking brake, butch looks, head turning design, VFM positioning, etc.,
AirWind is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 17:19   #32
BHPian

I voted for the Compass. It's totally a heart over mind decision. Harrier comes next in line followed by the TRoc and then the Kushaq. I am okay to pay a premium but just cant compromise on the safety. Also staying in BLR and having tasted auto gearboxes in peak hour traffic, I cant seem to settle down for a manual anymore. The Compass AT may not be in the league of the Germans but it gets the job done well. Limited Diesel AT would be my pick of the lot.

The koreans are out of the window. Hated the design of Creta. If anyone wants to know how to spoil a good looking car then the Creta can be a prime example. The Seltos's safety totally ruined my aspirations to own one.

Never gonna vouche for the Chinese bling. The XUV500 is now too old.

Wildcard entry- Hyundai Tucson even in the current form can be a good contender. It is also worth the wait for the next gen Tucson expected to be launched next year.
sub.g84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 18:09   #33
BHPian

Voted for 'Others'. Very soon added to this lineup will be the Taigun. I expect it to offer the same dynamics and driving pleasure of the Kushaq. The dimensions in my opinion will make it a balanced choice for both the highway as well as the city. It will be localized and since its the start of product life, I expect to get parts and service at a better cost.

My second choice would be the T-Roc. I wish they had localized it and that would have been my first choice.

Last edited by NevGin : 14th July 2021 at 18:12.
Old 14th July 2021, 18:36   #34
anb
BHPian

For petrol my pick is T-ROC which is the best one to drive with CBU quality. For diesel, I will pick Jeep Compass Diesel MT.
Old 14th July 2021, 19:47   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

But personally it has to be the Skoda Kushaq now. To me it's the perfect upgrade for someone like me with an Ecosport.

When I got my Ecosport it was 9.5L ex showroom in 2013 for the 1.5L Diesel MT.
The Kushaq is a perfect upgrade for an Ecosport customer.
Having used the Ecosport 1.5 D since 2013, what according to you is a worthy upgrade to the Ecosport Diesel as Kushaq is available only in Petrol.
Old 14th July 2021, 22:21   #36
BHPian

The problem with this poll is, the really wide price gap across the choices .

While Jeep Compass comes to 35 lakh plus OTR (after the facelift), the Korean twins are at 15-18 lakh . So the fit/ finish and safety features , both are bound to be highly variable.

From the pictures on TEAM BHP reviews, the Kushaq looks really nice from exterior. However the interior plastic and seat material looks cheap. Also only two airbags in AT , is unacceptable.

Creta/ Sealtos are real VFM , except for the dubious safety features. Remember we are dealing with a segment of cars , which are aspirational for new middle class. And this population won’t like to splurge unnecessarily. However at the same time, would like to feel the luxurious. This sentiment has been tapped very well by Hyundai and Suzuki as well.

Hector: Chinese product. Strictly NO.

XUV : Good product , but dated .

T Roc : Small in size , being CBU - spares are costly.

I feel Suzuki Brezza should have been added as an option.

Jeep Compass is a far superior product- Great looks, solid built quality, superb safety features, real off- roading credentials and powerful Diesel engine. But second row seat is too inadequate for my liking. And the cost is HIGH.

My choice is Harrier ( or Safari if it’s a choice) . Bowled over by the buch looks , engine performance, space and stability of these Tata twins . I feel they are priced well and have all the necessary bells and whistles. I’m ready to face minor niggles , when I make this choice.

Last edited by NitSat : 14th July 2021 at 22:22. Reason: Spacing between the sentences
NitSat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 09:25   #37

VW T-Roc.
1. 5 Star safety Period.
2. Features like lane assist, front assist and maneuver breaking are available only in cars north of 40 L.
3. Acceptable mileage in city 9-12. Highway 14-16. Some owner reported mileage of 12 in the hills of J&k and Himachal.
4. Adequate leg room.
Old 15th July 2021, 09:28   #38
BHPian

My choice when there is no financial constraint is Jeep Compass. It is a far superior product compared to the others. Of course the Harrier comes close but the fit, finish and finesse of the new Jeep Compass is in a different league altogether. Heck, it is even close to the big Germans! I really wish the Kushaq interior was as good as Karoq. Alas, it is not.
anuragbagur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 10:12   #39
BHPian

Harrier/Safari Automatic without a second thought.
If not 1 of Tata siblings, then Innova Crysta.
Bhalla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 10:24   #40
BHPian

Voted for the Kushaq. Love its look, the fit and finish from outside & the seemingly solid build quality. Wish it had a bit more space at the back for 3 people and a bit more of street presence. What draws me to it are also the abundance of safety feature in the price point I am looking at - sub 15 lakh Automatic (ex showroom). It has a good build, ESC, Hill Hold, ISOFIX, three point seat belts etc. I have not driven it yet but from all I hear it's safe to conclude that it's a better drive than competition - again something that matters a lot in my books. The 1.0 AT will in all likelihood be my final choice as with both the engine and gear box being locally built, the hassles should be lesser. But it all depends on the way the two automatics drive.

I was in love with Seltos, more than anything else that I have ever been in my life! Loved it's looks, the space in the cabin, the road presence, the drive of the Diesel AT. I must have taken umpteen test drive. Finally booked the HTK+ Diesel AT. A few things jarred me then also - the lack of ESC, ISOFIX, no back seat head rests in a Rs. 13.5lacs+ car but went ahead nevertheless. Then came the crash rating, have not looked back and perhaps never will.

Never liked the Creta, never looked at it, never will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
1st choice Skoda Kushaq because it gives me a couple of my non-negotiables = loads of fun to drive (1.5L & 1.0L both), safety (here, I trust the VAG group not to goof up), clean styling, comfortable ride quality and sufficient space for 4 (not 5).
When should we expect the official TeamBHP word on the 1.0 MT, AT and 1.5AT? Eagerly await the drive impression of these.
Old 15th July 2021, 10:24   #41
BHPian

Voted for the T-Roc since it's a more complete package than the Kushaq 1.5 Style AT. I'm particularly upset that Skoda decided to skip 6 airbags in the top-end ATs and I'm sure this will disappoint many a customer. But if I had to go MT, then the Kushaq it is.

The Harrier/Safari would come next but the Korean twins are out since I just can't trust Hyundai group's localised vehicles anymore

Desirable variants of the Compass are not even close in terms of pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
One of the major drawback of T-roc will be the timely availability of parts. Being a CBU and VW-after sales, i found a big risk in purchasing it . The car is wonderful to drive but I have to let it go due to above concerns during my shopping in the same budget
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
My second choice would be the T-Roc. I wish they had localized it and that would have been my first choice.
I was concerned about the same when the Kodiaq was discontinued a year after we purchased one. But a recent warranty replacement put my concerns to rest with a rare and large-ish drivetrain part making the trip from the Czech Republic to India in just 4-5 days. The SA pointed out that parts are air lifted to the VW warehouses in Bangalore or Delhi and moved by road overnight to other cities.

We've had to wait months for parts for our old CKD X1 and were prepared for the worst so you can imagine my surprise when the car was ready in less than 10 days (including diagnosis, consultation with the warranty team and repair time).
saur95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 10:40   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted ‘Other’

When we have a wide range of cars right from the top-end Creta/Seltos at 20Lakh to the Compass S 4X4 AT at 35Lakh then I would pick up the tried-and-tested Innova Crysta at 29Lakh eyes closed!

2nd choice would have been the CBU T-Roc!
CEF_Beasts is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 10:47   #43
Senior - BHPian

Voted T-Roc.

Not a fan of the Korean cousins, neither considering the Chinese, XUV 500 looks dated, ignoring the Harrier after giving up on TML so the final three are the Compass, Kushaq and T-Roc. My preference for paved surfaces makes the Jeep unnecessary so the Kushaq should be no brainer right? No, just don't like the front design. And the 1.5 would've been the choice anyway so would spend a bit more and get the T-Roc.

Always a fan of the understated styling of the VWs.

PS : based purely on "if i have to buy" not that I can anyway

Last edited by shancz : 15th July 2021 at 10:49. Reason: ps
Old 15th July 2021, 11:15   #44
BHPian

Voted for Kushaq and I will be booking the 1.5MT this weekend for the following reasons:

1. Good 4 cylinder engine
2. 6 airbags
3. Hopefully stable body structure
4. Rear middle seat 3 point seat belt
5. Im scared of a panaromic sunroof from a safety angle. infact i prefer no sunroof.
6. isofix and child anchor points in the version i want (unlike ecosport)
7. No quirky styling (ecosport S)
8. Relatively well kitted

I almost booked the Nexon petrol but backed out last minute because the 3 cylinder noise just didnt feel like an upgrade after 10 years with my i10 1.2. And yea, the lack of 6 airbags and no rear middle passenger 3 point seat belt really bothered me.

Last edited by lina : 15th July 2021 at 11:16. Reason: added 1 more point
Old 15th July 2021, 11:16   #45
BHPian

Voted for Other, as I feel upcoming XUV700 will be a better car at this overlapping price point.

Kushaq 1.0 AT is my next choice, being a TC box it will be more reliable compared to DSG.
I own Polo 1.0 AT and Kushaq will be equally fun to drive.

Most Viewed