Tata Harrier 96 22.75%
MG Hector 5 1.18%
Mahindra XUV500 11 2.61%
Volkswagen T-Roc 40 9.48%
Other (please specify in your post) 21 4.98%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28th July 2021, 12:34   #91

Default Re: Skoda Kushaq 1.0TSI MT vs Kia Seltos HTX Petrol MT

We have had the KIA Seltos GTX Plus for quite some time now and I think I would be able to answer this to an extent.

When I test drove the new Skoda Kushaq, I felt the "fun to drive" or the "performance" factor is missing majorly in KIA Seltos. Even though it is a 1.5-liter diesel, it somewhat lacks the feel-good factor that we can find in other cars of the like. Kushaq on the other hand is definitely a car where one would enjoy the power of the latest 1.0 TSI or 1.5 TSI.

While Kushaq lacks a lot of tech-savvy features, Seltos would never disappoint one at this end. 360-degree camera, ventilated seats, remote engine start and the list goes on. If your family friend is looking for a fun-to-drive manual and a car with sufficiently loaded features, I would definitely vote for the all-new Skoda Kushaq 1.5 TSI.
SatJordan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 16:19   #92

Default Re: Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Jeep Compass vs others

Probably I was the first one to book Kushaq (in the first week of June) and kept waiting for the launch for months. From the reveal in March till launch in June there were many things I kept on compromising. I continued to convince myself.

But when on launch day I saw the pricing and 1.5 DSG excluded 6 airbags that's when this was it for me. I could not convince myself more. I was expecting an Indianised version of Karoq or TRoc but what they are selling is just another random car with low quality interiors.

I looked at Jeep Compass Sport AT variant and on the same day of Kushaq launch I cancelled the booking for Kushaq and Booked Jeep Compass.

- Paying extra 2 lacs, but getting a solid vehicle great quality materials.
- 2 Airbags but Compass is at least NCAP tested, Kushaq is not even sent for the same.
- Better interior space than Kushaq
- I loved the driving dynamics and balance on high speed
- I wanted black interior in Kushaq (Monte Carlo) but I got that in Compass Sport.
- Compass may have less features, but whatever is given is great quality. As I am ok to have less features but no compromise on quality. Kushaq's interior disgusted me.
- Better road presence than Kushaq
- Black color availablity
- 4 Disc breaks in Compass and the superb breaking availability in Compass.
- On top of that I felt, Skoda was targeting Venue and Sonet customers with Kushaq along with a few Creta / Seltos buyers who could fall for 1.5 TSI engine.

Now my Compass delivery is just a few days away and I am very satisfied with my decision. Every time I look at Kushaq's interior, I am more convinced of my decision.

No offense to Kushaq buyers, this is my personal opinion.
RealAbhinavRajp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 20:18   #93
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Jeep Compass vs others

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh.harshal View Post
I'm looking to buy a new CSUV in the next 3-6 months, with Automatic gearbox, seating for 5 with ISOFIX and 6 airbags as no miss features, with flexible budget.
[b]1) Kia Seltos (GTX+ Diesel AT)
[b]2) Tata Harrier (XZA+ AT)
[b]3) Hyundai Creta (SXO, Petrol Turbo DCT)
[b]4) Jeep Compass (Model S - Diesel AT & Petrol DDCT)
[b]5) Skoda Kushaq (Drove 1.0 Manual, but in consideration for Style 1.0 AT)
Your requirements are too wide and so are your options/choices.
Obviously, the more expensive you go the better will be build quality, safety features, comfort. The ride, handling and capabilities also significantly improves in ascending order of cost (though depends on the type of the car- sedan vs SUV vs cross over). Always fix the budget first before you even consider what car. You cannot have the best of both worlds - cheap and best.

Additionally, you are comparing a diesel and petrol car - not an apple to apple comparison. Again freeze your choice of fuel type (based on your intended usage) before considering options - even an EV might fulfill your needs.

Last edited by Livnletcarsliv : 3rd August 2021 at 20:22.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 20:57   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
  1. Car should be very high on safety
  2. Should have good performance for highway cruising (low-end grunt, stable 100-110 kmph speeds, good driving dynamics)
  3. A few creature comforts (saying this in general but I have a prioritized list with me)
  4. Nice to touch materials and build quality (subjective parameters, I'll only know when I TD them)

In terms of budget, I can push the budget upto slightly north of 30L, my comfort area is ~25L mark. Anything below is highly preferred as well.

Sure, a Compass/Octavia is going to score very high in terms of all of the points while a Nexon might not. But the Nexon can easily beat the Compass as it'll save me a lot of money.
Nexon and compass cannot be in the same segment - It's not an apple-to-apple right comparison at all. Since it is your heart over the head for you and of course given your budget, money-saving should be your last priority. Of course, you can buy 2 Nexons for the cost of 1 Compass. And compass is obviously significantly better on all fronts (except for the initial price, service network, maintenance cost) compared to Nexon. So I recommend you freeze your budget before you proceed further.

Most Viewed