Other (please specify in your post) 35 5.55%
Voters: 631. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2022, 08:00   #136
BHPian

Re: New Car: Upgrading my Vento Petrol MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I have an absolutely contrary take on this.

You should therefore extract the best value you can from your investment already made.

The Vento is a lovely car. That generation of Vento will be hard to replace in terms of finish, quality, weight and handling etc.

Honestly, NONE of the newer vehicles will excite you much. They are all built to meet a price and this shows. They ‘ain’t got no soul’.
Absolutely agree. I've a Rapid of the same vintage, and I would never like to "upgrade" from it, simply because there is no worthy upgrade. I'd love to hold onto it for as long as possible.

P.S: Do type out an ownership review about the Mini.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 09:00   #137
Team-BHP Support

Mod note: Thread moved to What Car.
Old 25th October 2022, 09:08   #138
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post

P.S: Do type out an ownership review about the Mini.
I ll do that. But lest it be considered that all these cars are maintenance horrors, do note that yes some of what I did was on account of the fact that the previous owner had hardly used the car and there was some level of parts deterioration.
But the larger majority portion of the work done has been in the nature of preventive maintenance in order to ensure the car’s good health and longevity.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 16:58   #139
mvr

Re: Recommendations for SUV

Thank you for the suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yedukrishnan199 View Post
The MG Hector, and Hyundai Creta are other options you could consider as well.
I did not consider Creta because of the safety issue. I am not sure of the safety rating of Hector (+ its FE is quite low from what I heard). If you have some insights on Hector's safety rating, please let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
If you are going for an automatic, I would suggest you to avoid the AMTs and go for a reliable TC AT or CVT car, the best options in your scenario would be the XUV700, but waiting periods are an issue, The Harrier would be the next best option but it is not without its fair share of niggles, Do check out the upcoming MG Hector facelift, it just might be the perfect car for you.
Can you please talk about the niggles? I will also check out the reviews posted on this forum. I heard that Tata Harrier will also launch a facelift in early 2023. I am keeping an eye on that and also on Tata Blackbird.

I couldn't find the safety ratings of MG Hector. How safe is it? I heard that it is not fuel efficient (less than 10 kmpl) in the city. Although I am not looking for a vehicle with the best mileage, but it should be pretty decent.
mvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 09:50   #140
BHPian

The hyryder is a compelling package, do take a test drive of the same. Also, do check out the MG Astor as well. And even though you’re preferring an SUV/crossover this time, but still I would advice you to check out the Honda city hybrid strongly.
Old 27th October 2022, 11:58   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_guy_101 View Post
The Options:
I want a decent performer with decent mileage and trouble-free maintenance. The budget is around 20L but can be pushed for a good deal. But AT is a must. Preference for SUVs.
Hi,

I see that this is your first post on the forum. Being a newbie myself, I would love to spread some more cheer around

Lets assume you had a 100 Rupees to spend on your hypothetical new car. How many rupees would you spend on each of the below aspects of your new car?
  • Performance - All aspects
  • Safety - Perceived or Proven
  • Brand Value
  • Rear Seat Comfort
  • Interior Feel
  • Reliability
  • Feature Distribution
  • Service Experience
  • Total Cost of Ownership

This allows you to understand your own requirement better and at the same time, allows us to make better suggestions.

Cheers.
Tanu3000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 14:59   #142
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Jeep Compass vs others

As an owner of a ZS EV, I will highly recommend this car. Way more fun than any of the other cars mentioned here. The Excite version will be 24L OTR in Bangalore. The Bangalore-Coimbatore-Kerala route is very well electrified and with the new ZS you can do this journey with just 1 recharge at Sankari. I have done Bangalore-Kerala multiple times in my ZS and there is no way ill go back an ICE car now.

Last edited by lina : 27th October 2022 at 15:01.
lina is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 21:27   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvr View Post
Thank you for the suggestions.

I couldn't find the safety ratings of MG Hector. How safe is it? I heard that it is not fuel efficient (less than 10 kmpl) in the city. Although I am not looking for a vehicle with the best mileage, but it should be pretty decent.
None of the cars with the Fiat Diesel engine will score well in an NCAP test. It is something to do with the oil pump or filter. Thats the reason Tata never tested the Harrier or the Safari. Same with the Jeep Compass.
lina is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 14:58   #144
mvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by lina View Post
None of the cars with the Fiat Diesel engine will score well in an NCAP test. It is something to do with the oil pump or filter. Thats the reason Tata never tested the Harrier or the Safari. Same with the Jeep Compass.
Got it, thanks. Are there other indicators/features in these cars that we can look for to determine the build quality and safety?
Old 28th October 2022, 15:25   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvr View Post
Got it, thanks. Are there other indicators/features in these cars that we can look for to determine the build quality and safety?
These cars will most probably be safe in other aspects. In a front collision on the driver side, it might be dangerous. Best to avoid the diesel versions if you are concerned or select another car. There are options available and will be good to move away from cars that are not proven to be safe. XUV 700, Hector Petrol etc are options.
lina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 15:25   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Has the rating of Jeep compass changed recently? Because as far as I remember Euro NCAP rating of compass was 5 stars for adult occupants at the time it was launched. The report mentions the rating as applicable to both LHD and RHD variants in both petrol and diesel engines. Did I misunderstand something?
Old 28th October 2022, 15:31   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
Has the rating of Jeep compass changed recently? Because as far as I remember Euro NCAP rating of compass was 5 stars for adult occupants at the time it was launched. The report mentions the rating as applicable to both LHD and RHD variants in both petrol and diesel engines. Did I misunderstand something?
AFAIK, in Europe and Australia, the Compass sells with a VW or Mercedes Diesel engine while in India it is a Fiat multi-jet. So, the Euro NCAP cannot be applied on our version.
Old 28th October 2022, 15:44   #148
BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK, in Europe and Australia, the Compass sells with a VW or Mercedes Diesel engine while in India it is a Fiat multi-jet. So, the Euro NCAP cannot be applied on our version.
Never heard of VW or Mercedes engines being put in the Compass but then it might be my ignorance. The euro ncap tested versions were 1.4 multi air in two states of tune and 1.6 multi jet and 2.0 multjet. These are all same Fiat sourced engines only I think.

Please see for yourself in the screenshot and link below.

https://cdn.euroncap.com/media/49588...-datasheet.pdf

This rating was in 2017. So I was getting curious if a revised rating has come up.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Jeep Compass vs others-9751c2e1794b49a1b072955e6fce2a6b.jpeg  

Night Raven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 20:41   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
Never heard of VW or Mercedes engines being put in the Compass but then it might be my ignorance. The euro ncap tested versions were 1.4 multi air in two states of tune and 1.6 multi jet and 2.0 multjet. These are all same Fiat sourced engines only I think.
My Apologies. The non-Fiat engines were for the previous generation. So I am not sure now. There definitely is some issue. No other reason why Tata wouldnt test otherwise.

Either way, the Jeep Compass is not a CKD or CBU. So the Euro-NCAP rating does not really hold good for the compass sold here.
lina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 15:57   #150
mvr

Quote:
My Apologies. The non-Fiat engines were for the previous generation. So I am not sure now. There definitely is some issue. No other reason why Tata wouldnt test otherwise.

Either way, the Jeep Compass is not a CKD or CBU. So the Euro-NCAP rating does not really hold good for the compass sold here.
Thanks. Going by the earlier suggestion to avoid AMT if possible, and considering the features (safety, comfortable 5 seater, automatic transmission; below 20L) that I am looking for, it looks like Skoda Kushaq and the starting/mid variants of Tata Harrier or MG Hector seem to be options. Any other/further recommendations/suggestions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks