Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What should I get for 15 lakhs?
Used Jeep Compass 113 59.16%
A New Car 78 40.84%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2021, 12:15   #31
BHPian

Re: Used Jeep Compass vs New City / Creta / Kushaq

If you trust the seller and could get the Compass checked thoroughly, then go with the Compass as you are looking for a proper 'upgrade'.

City is a no-nonsense option but if you are not specifically joyful with that choice then it's better to drop it there. And I won't suggest cars like Rapid, Ecosport, etc. as those cars are already too old for this day and age.

Checkout for Compass outside the dealership, also for Harrier BS6 examples.
kamilharis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 07:45   #32

I just moved from a 11 year old 75bhp 2010 Punto to the new jeep compass 2021. I would bet you would like the driving dynamics and the extra power in Jeep.
Mighty_Eagle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 05:31   #33

If you want a powerful car and don't really care much about features too much then, I highly recommend that you give the Nissan kicks or Renault duster turbo manual variant a test drive. They have well sorted suspension, and the engine is the same one as in the Mercedes A class.

Also theb new XUV 700 was launched yesterday at very competitive pricing ( source/link), I suggest you keep an eye out for that as well.
Old 15th August 2021, 08:42   #34
Senior - BHPian

XUV700 anyone? Better to wait for few months my dear
Old 16th August 2021, 11:57   #35

I was in the same boat last year and let me tell you the Jeep Compass would definitely feel a class above the Koreans. It trumps the Koreans in every department be it ride, handling, or the interiors. I got myself a Limited(D) 2017 with a complete service record and just 20k on the ODO for a measly 12.5 lakhs. For that price, the best I could've got was the Creta E or the EX.

The key takeaway here is that it took me more than a month and a half to find one in perfect condition. Don't be afraid to walk away from deals and negotiate hard.
adityagurjar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 23:54   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityagurjar View Post
I was in the same boat last year and let me tell you the Jeep Compass would definitely feel a class above the Koreans. It trumps the Koreans in every department be it ride, handling, or the interiors. I got myself a Limited(D) 2017 with a complete service record and just 20k on the ODO for a measly 12.5 lakhs. For that price, the best I could've got was the Creta E or the EX.

The key takeaway here is that it took me more than a month and a half to find one in perfect condition. Don't be afraid to walk away from deals and negotiate hard.
I agree with your statements and I really envy you for the price you got it at

All said, I took the plunge with the Limited 4x4 I had checked out 3 weeks ago. It had all service history available, was impeccably maintained, had new Pirelli tires and a new Amaron 74 din battery as well.
Been driving it for about a week now and I can only grin. A small drive coming up over the weekend.
Ownership thread in the works.. stay tuned.
adneeraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 00:52   #37

I am looking to buy a used Jeep Compass within INR 15 Lakh budget. Preferably petrol as I am in Gurugram and would be moving to Ghaziabad in the next couple of months so I will be in NCR in the near future. Diesel doesn't make sense with the 10 year sword hanging on them. I currently run a preowned Honda City V 2017 which I bought at a bargain with only 35K on the odometer. My wife is on board with the choice for our second car. Need guidance from the mentors here on the price discovery for different variants. My heart is stuck on the full-fledged limited plus variant but keen to hear thoughts from the community.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks