Porsche Macan / Jaguar F-Pace 10 6.71%
Mercedes-Benz G-Class 28 18.79%
Other (please specify in your post) 9 6.04%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2021, 20:43   #16
BHPian

Re: Land Rover Defender vs Jeep Wrangler vs Conventional SUVs vs Others

Voted for Defender and realised there is an option for others. Land Cruiser 300 is the one I would go for. Specifically the GR-SPORT variant. Its an awe inspiring vehicle and coupled with Toyota reliability. You can keep it for ages (subject to GoI rules )
zensure is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 06:10   #17
BHPian

Voted for the G wagon, it’s the ultimate show off vehicle. The G 63 AMG can do it all and still look like a rock star!
I don’t think any vehicle even comes close!
Old 20th August 2021, 07:12   #18
BHPian

Voted for "Other".

I will pick GX 460/Landcruiser Prado over all of these.

I plan to get a long-distance cruiser/Overlanding platform that can also do rough fire trails in the next couple of years and am actively looking for a GX460 which is the tuxedoed cousin of the Landcruiser Prado (not sold in North America). The plan is to do a trip to the Arctic circle in the next couple of years; almost 95% of which is non-paved & extremely hostile environment.

Bulletproof reliability, comfort & space, not much technology (don't want to deal with a conked out Electronic control module in the middle of nowhere); all the TSBs have been issued, and a not so thirsty V-8.

Land Rover Defender vs Jeep Wrangler vs Conventional SUVs vs Others-2016lexusgx460frontthreequarter08.jpg

The Jeep Wrangler will be the second choice; though I'm not a big fan however the cheap spares & ease of availability cannot be ignored in this part of the world.
Vikram Arya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 08:45   #19
BHPian

Always wanted a prerunner style Land Cruiser 200 and after reading all the horror stories when it comes to the Defender's reliability ill stick with the same or the new LC300 GR Sport

Land Rover Defender vs Jeep Wrangler vs Conventional SUVs vs Others-083df1e3b69f4c8278bc5812630fec94.png

Land Rover Defender vs Jeep Wrangler vs Conventional SUVs vs Others-1.2021toyotalandcruiser300grsport1001565.jpg
Revmatch99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 08:58   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Arya View Post
I will pick GX 460/Landcruiser Prado over all of these.
all the TSBs have been issued, and a not so thirsty V-8.
Having owned one in past, can surely vouch about the reliability but otherwise, I don't think you can take this anywhere or at least without modifications. It gets 5 speed unlike the bigger brother LX and the fuel average is super low. A tank full will never do over 500 Km no matter how careful you drive. In fact, the difference in mileage between an LX & GX is very little.

Your expedition sounds fun, this is not the relevant thread, so hope you can open a new one as soon as your plans are firmed. Good Luck

For certain members who have doubts about the driveability or handling, need to be corrected. It's not a Cayenne or even an X5 and definitely not like any other M or AMG sedan but in the current generation, it's the best, considering the limitations of a ladder chassis.

This is probably the only SUV that comes with 3 differential locks as standard and can sprint to 100 in less than 5 seconds, straight from the factory

Regarding city drive experiences, skip over to 9:50 sec

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th August 2021 at 09:06.
Old 20th August 2021, 16:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

I must admit that I am in love with Defender. The boxy design screams SUV, looks brute and has oodles of character. I prefer functional interiors over luxury especially given the conditions. I would love to see new gen Prado but that ain't coming soon. The LC 300 looks lovely to me but knowing Toyota, will be priced twice that of Defender. Would love to see a diesel Defender though.
Old 22nd August 2021, 13:17   #22
BHPian

Voted for Range Rover Sport.

Yes, I love the Defender but if you ask me to choose one from the above list I would definitely pick the Range Rover Sport for the way it looks. What a lovely car!

To my eyes, the RR Autobiography/Sport has the best SUV design of the decade, period.
Old 21st October 2022, 09:21   #23
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Jeep Wrangler 3 door Willys Sport Or the Black Bear Edition Or the Sahara. In Sarge Green preferably.
Ok, I’ll be more than happy if I can get the Rubicon Unlimited.
Problem is it is just way too expensive to buy ‘brand new’ in India. Hence I shall just have to look for an ‘used’ example someday whenever ready. This can literally be the only vehicle in the garage. Nothing else is needed except maybe for a small EV runabout hatchback for local duties.
For now I’ll make do with my ‘look alike’ Thar. 80% of Wrangler at 20% of the price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks