Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2021, 21:12   #16
BHPian

Re: Fun-to-drive SUV or Crossover under 25 lakhs OTR

An out of the box Suggestion though, why not the EcoSport AT or VW Taigun AT DSG. Both these cars are very fun to drive and are a driver's delight. As the updated EcoSport might launch next month, you might get good discounts on the current one.

Both these cars tick the right boxed for the requirements you have mentioned. However with EcoSport AT the biggest downer is no sync 3 and manual S variants get it.

Even T-Roc is a worthy contender but parts downtime will be there in the case of T-Roc

Last edited by jithin23 : 19th August 2021 at 21:14. Reason: Added content
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 01:01   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvaddi View Post
Attachment 2194054

Harrier:

Blind spots scared me once when I was turning the car.
The ergonomic issue may not be problematic in an AT but the blindspots are still a concern.
The blind spots are taken care of in the BS-6 edition of the Harrier by replacing the side view mirrors with smaller ones. Did you check the BS-6 version during the test drive?
adventureseeker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 08:36   #18
BHPian

Do TD the Nexon EV. It checks almost all your boxes.

Try to add a solar panel in your home / garage and you will be having virtually zero running costs.

Since the predominant usage will be in the city, a smaller car will help in navigating the chaotic urban sprawl and help in parking in ever tighter spaces.

Last edited by Voodooblaster : 21st August 2021 at 08:39.
Old 21st August 2021, 11:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

If you're in Bangalore and you only intend to use car as 2 seater 95% of time then you should save your money by looking only at sub 4m or 4.3m crossovers like the Venue/Sonet/Creta/XUV300/Nexon.

I find navigating even the Creta cumbersome when driving through narrow lanes through make shift market area in Bengaluru. A Venue or Sonet would make me less anxious about people trying to pass me from blindspot as i crawl doing single digit fuel efficiency through there.

I had decided between the Sonet and the Creta after discarding my other options and I have a small regret not going with the Sonet for ease of parking spaces. But my official work needed bigger boot but then I find out the Sonet isn't bad in that department either.

Coming from an Eon I'm sure your dealer will offer good deal to exchange the Eon for a Venue.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 01:12   #20
BHPian

If its only going to be two of you then why not buy Thar Hardtop? For most people Thar is not on list due to family constraints.

Even I am going to sell of my sedan and get Thar. Thinking about either Petrol or Diesel AT.

As it is parents have their own car so why do i need a sedan. If as a family we have to go somewhere then will take two cars. For those few occasions why settle for anything but Thar.
I have thought this through. However welcome everyones thoughts.
Old 22nd August 2021, 11:40   #21
BHPian

I guess you would be keeping your next car as well for 7-10 years.

My pick from your list would be a Harrier in the AT form, you might get a loaded variant below 25lakh. Compass is a good car but the moment you compare it with Harrier it feels like you are paying too much for a Compass.

Picking something from Creta/T-Roc/Kushaq is something that I won't recommend as you are open with a budget of 25lakhs.

Fun-to-drive SUV or Crossover under 25 lakhs OTR-img_7212_560x420.jpg

Last edited by kamilharis : 22nd August 2021 at 11:44.
kamilharis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 12:19   #22
BHPian

I wonder why hasn't anyone mentioned VW Taigun yet.
It seems to be a baby T-Roc with a great engine and gearbox combo.
Space and size of car as desired, would be spot. So would be price.
Pricing would be Kushaq territory for sure.
Good luck.
fazalmirza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 13:00   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvaddi View Post

XUV300:

I was ready to compromise on the boot space and take the plunge but I noticed in one of the test drives that the front suspensions is noisy. On slow speeds it hit a pot hole and made a loud noise as if something broke. The interiors, especially the unit below AC vents, looks like it's lifted from cars of the previous decade. The sound system is mediocre.
Do note that the suspension noise could be an issue isolated to the early-production test car as my XUV300 is quite refined and road/suspension noise is very well contained. However, I second your statement about the AC controls and the sound system
Old 22nd August 2021, 21:45   #24
BHPian

Well I am also in the same boat. I would want a fun to drive car/crossover below 25 lakh as I intend to change my Honda City 2007 solely due to the NCR ban on petrol driven vehicles above 15 years. As such the odo in my car has not touched 50k and it is quite well maintained.

My driving in the city is over a small distance though being in Gurgaon I would need a vehicle for all my errands. However having driven a Honda for so long wanted a change. The Kushaq, Taigun, Compass, Creta, Seltos are in my shortlist. The ZS EV also ticks the boxes, however, there is currently no exemption of registration charges on EV in Haryana which is holding me back. The upcoming XUV 700 and the MG Astor are also in the shortlist.

Hoping to finalise before this year end. Let some suggestions flow in.
Old 23rd August 2021, 22:50   #25
BHPian

I would strongly recommend Compass. Since you mentioned Panoramic Sunroof as a choice and given that you are spending 25L, I do not think you should compromise on a car which does not offer that. Therefore, I am ruling out Kushaq, Seltos (if considered) and XUV300. You have highlighted a very valid issue in Harrier. A 3 point turn can be difficult in a Harrier. Plus, there are more than frequent niggles being reported in this forum as well. For the above two reasons, I would eliminate Safari as well.

I also saw recommendations how one should avoid buying a car in its new iteration and facelift suits well. Compass fits that aspect as well. I would say even Creta does but a lot has been said about its flimsy build quality and if it's a qualifier for you, then you can ignore it. You anyway do not seem to like it's looks, so no point discussing further.

Compass fits all in. It is fun to drive. It is neither ergonomically difficult as well. My neighbour has it (2019 edition) and our parking space is pretty tightly spaced. He is able to park it seamlessly. There is a Safari in our parking bay which I should tell is more difficult. Smaller points for consideration from 'newbie'. Cheers! Please let us know what choice did you finally make and why.
kaustubhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 13:49   #26
BHPian

Thanks everyone for your inputs. After much deliberation booked Compass S 1.4 (Petrol Auto) at PPS Jeep, Kanakapura road, Bangalore. Will be delivered next week.
vinodvaddi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 17:17   #27
BHPian

I feel it is an excellent choice Vinod. Do post a detailed review. Congratulations in advance.
Floyd de Souza is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks