Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2021, 23:48   #61
BHPian

Re: Which utility vehicle for charity? Need to carry food for poor families

God bless Turbanator Sir !!!
In these pandemic times, humanity has gone for a toss. I remember with bitterness that some of my fellow apartment owners were up in arms against me as I had kept my family in home isolation when they got infected with Covid. By the law of Karma eventually after several months those people got infected and realised their mistake. Only the Police and 2 Doctors in my apartment supported me during that difficult time. Healthcare workers did a great job..no words to Thank them enough.
Salute to V. Narayan Sir for such dedication. We need more selfless people to make this World a better place.
HooghlyBoy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 09:15   #62
BHPian

Take a bow sir, both of you. What you are doing might be easy said but becoming rare day by day. God bless you both in all that you do.
busydrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 10:44   #63
BHPian

Hats off to Mr. Narayan & Turbanator. God bless you both.
Rajjay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 14:12   #64
BHPian

What a kind gesture! In this age of being constantly exposed to negativity and strife, this was so heartwarming to see.

Well done, sir!
lordtottuu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 14:10   #65
BHPian

Exemplary work Turbanator and V Narayan!

I've closely followed yourselves on the forum over the years and your knowledge, empathy and goodwill shines through!

Hats off gentlemen!

We live in trying pandemic times which have wreaked unprecedented havoc on our social fabric.

In case the mods agree (as solicitation is banned) - I'd request you to set up a GoFundMe or similar and share it here for a worthy charitable cause. I'd love to chip in.

Best,
dn
Old 3rd December 2021, 14:37   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessing View Post
You're doing a great job. We stacked 30 rice bags into our Rexton for a 150km drive and distribution... but ours was a one-off thing. Keep up your good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinz.vivek View Post
Here is an update to our operations. After much thought and deliberation, we went ahead and purchased an used Maruti S-Presso as our official charity car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Reviving an old thread. On social media like Team BHP many of us make claims and statements that might be for posturing. But some of us like brother Turbanator mean what they say and say what they mean.

The very vehicles Turbanator is referring to in this post above have been donated by him to charitable hospitals I am closely associated with. But not just donated - he had them serviced and installed a new set of tyres on one {where it was needed} before handing over. That is real heart - compassion on two feet, that's Turbanator.

Let's put our hands together for a round of applause for Turbanator and the power of Team BHP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Sir, we are not doing anything if we look at the efforts you do in running this Trust and Hospital.

For the other members, who may not be aware Mr. Narayan is one of the trustees of this Child Heart hospital. Request everyone to support them in any way to best of abilities. We are so proud to have a fellow member like Mr. Narayan.
Take a bow gentlemen, awesome service to humanity you all are providing. Felt so good to read these posts. Proud of being a part of this wonderful TBHP community. More power to you and to TBHP.

Cheers,
S
sukhoi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 13:07   #67
Senior - BHPian

Such a Nice thread this, thanks to everyone who has been supporting this cause.

As a family we have always tried to assist the needy with financial help.
If you guys remember back in 2020, Australia was ravaged by bush fires.
A Local council requested for donations in form of water for bush fire affected areas. Discussed it with a friend, and we decided, we will go and help with as much water we can carry in my CRV. I do not remember the exact count, but we almost fit in 600-700L of water in the CRV.

CRV isn't really meant to carry this much weight, and it was showing with the way rear suspension sagged and we had to push it hard to make quick progress on the freeways.
Which utility vehicle for charity? Need to carry food for poor families-img_7195.jpg

Which utility vehicle for charity? Need to carry food for poor families-82afde1d3b564e3499cabb1ae8d101b5.jpg

Which utility vehicle for charity? Need to carry food for poor families-img_7199.jpg

Which utility vehicle for charity? Need to carry food for poor families-img_7202.jpg

Which utility vehicle for charity? Need to carry food for poor families-139a6767294e4353906146bdcca39ff5.jpg

Which utility vehicle for charity? Need to carry food for poor families-4684d8580a414fbf80784427fdda2dca.jpg
akshay4587 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 20:17   #68
BHPian

wow, just came across this thread. Amazing work you guys are doing, kudos.
The idea is to rope in more and more like-minded Samaritans, who are willing to contribute some of their time and energy for such noble causes, and let the chain continue. Many a times, the vehicle becomes immaterial, but the passion makes it all happen. Myself have been doing many such 'drives'.

just the other day we did similar food donation drive in Mumbai, have a look :
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-...th-august.html (Team-BHP Meet & Food Donation Drive | Mumbai | Sunday, 14th August)

regards,
pcpranav is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 20:25   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you Turbanator

Quote:
Reviving an old thread. On social media like Team BHP many of us make claims and statements that might be for posturing. But some of us like brother Turbanator mean what they say and say what they mean.
Turbanator strikes again.

Today Turbanator and his team visited one of our fully charitable paediatric child heart hospitals and sponsored the free life saving child heart surgeries for a few children and gifted us a Isuzu utility vehicle pictured below.

Turbanator being the large hearted man he is had it serviced, its permits renewed, insurance renewed and gave it to us fit to drive out right away. This vehicle will be used to help run much needed medical camps in the Bastar division of Chhattisgarh in remote tribal and rural areas. It will directly help with providing totally free medical health care to the poor of that region.

Thank you Turbanator. This is the third utility vehicle you have gifted to us. We are getting spoilt.

We run 4 modern child heart hospitals and each year deliver 4500 to 5000 child heart surgeries totally free of cost to the poor of this land. Thus far we have done close to 26,000 such free surgeries. We don't do paid work - only free - only for the poor.

Totally free means totally free - no billing counter. No Bill only Dil.

Our gratitude to Turbanator.
Attached Thumbnails
Which utility vehicle for charity? Need to carry food for poor families-isuzu-2.jpeg  

Which utility vehicle for charity? Need to carry food for poor families-isuzu-1.jpeg  

V.Narayan is offline   (371) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 20:31   #70
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:

Thank you Turbanator

Turbanator strikes again.

Today Turbanator and his team visited one of our fully charitable paediatric child heart hospitals and sponsored the free life saving child heart surgeries for a few children and gifted us a Isuzu utility vehicle pictured below.

Turbanator being the large hearted man he is had it serviced, its permits renewed, insurance renewed and gave it to us fit to drive out right away.
Our gratitude to Turbanator.
There are Men and there are SuperMen. And there is Turbanator.
What a Heart of Gold he has.
shankar.balan is offline   (52) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 19:06   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thank you Turbanator

Today Turbanator and his team visited one of our fully charitable paediatric child heart hospitals and sponsored the free life saving child heart surgeries for a few children and gifted us a Isuzu utility vehicle pictured below. This is the third utility vehicle you have gifted to us.

We run 4 modern child heart hospitals and each year deliver 4500 to 5000 child heart surgeries totally free of cost to the poor of this land. Thus far we have done close to 26,000 such free surgeries. We don't do paid work - only free - only for the poor.
Notes such as this reaffirm my belief that it's not all that bad out there - there is tons of good, we just don't get to hear about it. Thank you for sharing!

My best wishes and respect to both of you - Narayan and Turbanator!!

If there is an opportunity to contribute in my own small way to this or any noble cause remotely, would love to do so!

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 28th May 2023 at 19:15.
Nilesh5417 is online now   (20) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 19:24   #72
BHPian

God bless Turbanator, his family and all who empower him to do these great deeds to the needy. Goes to show his large heart to not only donate the UVs but give them fully functional from get go.
ranjith_cbz is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 09:26   #73
BHPian

Dear Narayan Sir and Turbanator,
Thank you for this post. It's great to see your team doing this wonderful service. As a surgeon, I know how much pain it takes to arrange these treatments for free. I appreciate you and Turbanator for the same. It shows a good heart is always more powerful than the V6s and V8s we have ever made. May god bless you all.

Regards

Last edited by Dr ST : 29th May 2023 at 09:45.
Dr ST is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 09:33   #74

Turbanator is truly big hearted. God bless him.
Man giving away his machine is something really big.
4500 to 5000 free heart surgeries to the poor and needy children must be very tempting to give away anything we own. This is great service to the society Mr. Narayan. God bless you all.
Senpran is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 09:41   #75
Senior - BHPian

There are few instances which makes you go silent and question yourself if humanity exists & there are instances when universe proves there are humans still interested in saving humanity showing there's hope!

Thank you Dear Turbanator and V Narayan sir for being one among them saving hope and humanity. This thread just made me go speechless!
gururajrv is online now   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks