Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2007, 09:33   #16
BHPian

There was a Gypsy (dont know which model) in Bangy in a garage and it was sold for 20K ! I think engine had lot of work to be done, but what the heck, its still worth it for 20k! I would have bought it if I had known earlier, but I got to know only after it was sold :(
Old 31st May 2007, 16:07   #17
BHPian

Sorry guys for not replying,net was not working,

Zulfikar: met that american kaiser jeep owner the jeep seems to have parts from here and there , it has a nissan engine ,cielo seats, gypsy rims ,scorpio tyres ,not as good looking as the earlier willys.PRICE 1.75 lakh non negotiable

Jango: in hyd willys have a max value of 2 lakhs the problem in buying MM540/550 are most of the vehicles are govt. owned or taxis which are badly abused you can get them at a meagre amt of 50k but u dont know when problems may crop up

Another T bhpian showed me a GYPSY of 1988 vintage 4*4 vehicle is fully loaded with pireli tyres and good alloys but i felt that it was an accident vehicle as there were shunt marks in the engine bay and the under body had some rust. PRICE 85k negotiable

Saw a willys of 1969 vintage with ambasador petrol engine vehicle is well maintained no extra fittings or anything , vehicle needs to be painted,PRICE 35k negotiable
Old 15th September 2007, 04:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

Guys ive been trying to get a Low bonnet jeep. Saw 100s of them but most were either converts to diesels or were a hotch potch of parts. If you hear the prices you would want to kill them. So I turn to the forum for help.
Preference #1) I need the Military War jeep with the sunken lights (Willy's Ford-9 slats)

Preference #2) I will settle for the Willy's Jeep with the lights on the grille (seven Slats)
The above two were made only in the LHD version so any converts are not welcome.

Preference# 3) In case the above two are unavailable then Ill settle for a short chassis High Bonnet Willy's with an OHV petrol engine but it has to be a LHD original. The engine has to be original petrol. Will consider a Rhd if it is Indian army spec. but don't give me a non runner, rust bucket please

My budget for 1-2 is stretchable from .75 for a jeep that needs work but with all originals, upto 2.5 for a fully done up jeep with no work. depending upon the year and condition and level of originality.

For 3) I believe one can get a Jeep like this for as low as 35k for something that has to be worked upon till 70K fro a fully done jeep.

Please help me, i'm desperate. Jeeps in and around Bombay are preferred but will settle for outstation ones too if in good condition. Thanks in anticipation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks