MG Hector 6 1.34%
Mahindra XUV500 17 3.79%
Other (please specify in your post) 34 7.59%
Voters: 448. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2021, 21:41   #46
BHPian

Re: VW Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs others

Exacly my thoughts too. Can't believe that even for 20 lakhs it is not possible to find a car that ticks off all the right boxes. Kushaq and Taigun have poor rear seating space and a weird set of feature-misses for top end GT model, Seltos has poor safety rating and after sales support is hit or miss, Creta is a generalist and doesn't do anything exceedingly well (and may also have the same safety issues as Kia - body instability). I guess the only option is to wait for a better car.
Old 1st October 2021, 16:00   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

It's a tough choice which I can see myself deliberating over in the next couple of years as we decide the replace the S-Cross 1.6.

From the current pick, it would be the Kushaq undoubtedly:
1) Brilliant to drive
2) Well Built
3) Spacious
4) Easy ingress and egress compared to others which are a step up.
5) Skoda Mumbai service + a CEO who actually responds to customers; as compared to sister sibling VW.

Creta / Seltos are out purely due to the safety, though the Diesels with TC Auto gearboxes are arguably equally good all rounders. Priced at a premium, but will sell at a premium too!

Tata Harrier : I love it! But too big for the city & my parking + ingress and egress aren't great.

MG Hector : The Astor maybe a better bet with it's better looks and size

Jeep Compass : Simply overpriced. Only the base trim makes the cut which is lacking in features.
Old 22nd October 2021, 14:38   #48
BHPian

The Nissan Kicks Turbo CVT should be on this list . It is brilliant to drive and has all the features needed. The engine is co-developed with Mercedes and I read that the same engine is also used in the Mercedes A class. Disappointing that it does not get the necessary publicity.

Last edited by bangaloreguy : 22nd October 2021 at 14:46.
Old 1st January 2022, 19:58   #49
BHPian

Need an SUV/Crossover (20l range)

Hello everyone,

I just sold my ford ecosport, and are looking for a suitable replacement.

We also have a 2015 renault duster AWD which we'll be looking to trade in (or sell if the trade in values are crap).

Our plan is to buy a new car in the 20l range and a cheap second hand car in the 2-3l range as a spare car.

Choices so far
- Skoda Kushaq 1.5 MT/AT
- VW Taigun 1.0 AT/MT or 1.5 AT
- Tata Harrier XZ+ (if the dealer's exchange values are good)

I'm at a loss on what to get. I've driven the Taigun 1.0 MT and found it to be a great drive except the handling seems be too light compared to either the duster or the ecosport.

I haven't driven the harrier yet, but considering its size, I won't really be pushing its limits too much.

I like the looks and the equipment on offer of the Kia Seltos, but two things are holding me back from considering it further. It's safety rating, and the fact the few times I sat in it I found the ride quality to be rather stiff.

What would you guys advise? I have this feeling the kushaq and taigun lineup will both see a rejig and I'd be fuming if I bought one now and there's a new variant in 2 months which has more features. I don't mind buying a used Tata tiago/Honda jazz and waiting around 3-4 months to make a purchase.
sid3091 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 20:18   #50
BHPian

Re: Need an SUV/Crossover (20l range)

Hi sid3091,

You haven't mentioned the requirements that you're looking out in your new ride.

It would be beneficial & clear to forum members as they'll suggest based on the requirements that can fulfil your needs.
Bhupesh_2628 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 21:30   #51

I’ve been looking for a car for more than a month now. Sharing my two cents:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
Choices so far
- Skoda Kushaq 1.5 MT/AT
Škoda Kushaq:
I’ve cancelled my booking and will recommend to wait for the facelift. Lots of people have shared sub-par experience due to ECP issue and other testing related issues. There is a dedicated thread on this in team-bhp.

VW Taigun: it’s pretty much the same car under different skin.

Tata Harrier: Baring few minor issues, it’s a solid car but will cost you ~25L. Take a TD and decide for yourself.
ninja09 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 10:16   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
Hi sid3091,

You haven't mentioned the requirements that you're looking out in your new ride.

It would be beneficial & clear to forum members as they'll suggest based on the requirements that can fulfil your needs.
Thank you. Since I can't locate the edit option I'll just add them here:

Requirements:

- Good Ride and handling balance. Coming from an ecosport and duster we're quite spoiled in this regard, plus our colony has cobblestone streets which really get to you in a harsh suspension. Will be taking this car to hills frequently, so good steering feel and feedback would be a plus point.
- 6 airbags, TCS, ESP
- Should be roomy enough for a trip for 4 people, 5 would be a bonus.
- I'm in Delhi, and keeping that in mind we're looking at a down payment of around 7l (includes the value of the renault duster) and I want to keep my EMI around 20-22k, so if there's other options I haven't considered, i'm all ears.
- Decent Fuel Economy. I'm not expecting Maruti level figures here, but both my dad and I drive with a light foot and know how to work around a turbocharger in bumper to bumper traffic. The car won't be seeing daily use because of working from home, but should that change, it is likely to do 40-50 KM per day.
sid3091 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 11:19   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Since I can't locate the edit option
I think you can edit only within 30 minutes of posting the message.

Please check this discussion, it should cover most of the options within your range: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...ss-xuv700.html
kvsriki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 11:43   #54
BHPian

May i suggest top of the line MG Astor Sharp Turbo AT?
If you are open to EVs, MG ZS is a nice option too.
AjinkyaP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 11:46   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjinkyaP View Post
May i suggest top of the line MG Astor Sharp Turbo AT?
If you are open to EVs, MG ZS is a nice option too.
My dad's friend has the MG zs ev and i like it, but it rules out trips for us. As for the Astor I'll do a test drive.
Old 2nd January 2022, 22:04   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Choices so far
- Skoda Kushaq 1.5 MT/AT
Mu suggestions:
- Creta/Alcazar - fits budget and nothing specifically wrong except DCT but since you have Skoda in list so its same AT.
- XUV 700 - Any variant in your budget. I find base petrol great value.
- New Scorpio - wait for it to launch
- Jeep Compass
- Hyundai Tucson Petrol. Drive a hard bargain on current model as new one about to launch.

My only advice buy a car that appeals to heart even if little over budget. I agree with what GTO said somewhere buy a little out of budget vehicle if it appeals to heart as in long term it will appeal a lot and keep you invested.
Old 2nd January 2022, 22:08   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Since I can't locate the edit option I'll just add them here:

Requirements:

- Good Ride and handling balance. Coming from an ecosport and duster we're quite spoiled in this regard, plus our colony has cobblestone streets which really get to you in a harsh suspension. Will be taking this car to hills frequently, so good steering feel and feedback would be a plus point.
- 6 airbags, TCS, ESP
- Should be roomy enough for a trip for 4 people, 5 would be a bonus.
- I'm in Delhi, and keeping that in mind we're looking at a down payment of around 7l (includes the value of the renault duster) and I want to keep my EMI around 20-22k, so if there's other options I haven't considered, i'm all ears.
- Decent Fuel Economy. I'm not expecting Maruti level figures here, but both my dad and I drive with a light foot and know how to work around a turbocharger in bumper to bumper traffic. The car won't be seeing daily use because of working from home, but should that change, it is likely to do 40-50 KM per day.

Graduating from an Ecosport, there are not too many cars which would feel like a great update. Because it has a solid build and fantastic handling. Plus you say you had Duster also which would have spoilt you with its ride quality.
Since you are open to a manual, I would recommend Jeep Compass. It will feel like an upgrade in all aspects from the ecosport more than the Taigun / Kushaq. It has great build and offers a fantastic driving experience. The main sore point is the sluggish transmission but the manual feels punchy enough.
Consider sport or Longitude (o), the later has nearly 1.75-2l discounts for the 2021 model, which will bring the price to near Taigun level.
The only miss from the list you stated above will be 6 airbags.
Test drive a Compass before you make your choice.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs others-15bd0c037a044c73b8cdd3865e5595e8.jpeg  

Last edited by spkrnh : 2nd January 2022 at 22:14.
spkrnh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 00:17   #58
BHPian

Quote:
My dad's friend has the MG zs ev and i like it, but it rules out trips for us. As for the Astor I'll do a test drive.
I too will recommend astor turbo as it will meet all your requirements. I recently upgraded to Astor and the car is a great package. We also have an ecosport (1.5 NA petrol DCT) and for me Astor can be a good replacement to ecosport.
However not sure if astor and a small car can be a right replacemet for Ecosport and Duster AWD.
ranjitht87 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 01:29   #59
BHPian

Just traded-in my 2014 Zest for an XZA Harrier. Fair warning - We were set on an MT until an extremely trustworthy source from the ASC informed us of a commonly occuring clutch burn issue in the Harrier - says it's better in the facelifted 2020 harrier, but the clutch still felt too hard during the TD.
If you check trade-in offers for January, I think TML also has an ongoing 40,000 exchange bonus - got a great price for my zest.
Would recommend TD'ing an AT Harrier - brilliant car. Found it much better than the options you mentioned, but again, subjective matter.
Good luck!
gandharjc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 07:04   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrnh View Post
Graduating from an Ecosport, there are not too many cars which would feel like a great update. Because it has a solid build and fantastic handling. Plus you say you had Duster also which would have spoilt you with its ride quality.
Since you are open to a manual, I would recommend Jeep Compass. It will feel like an upgrade in all aspects from the ecosport more than the Taigun / Kushaq. It has great build and offers a fantastic driving experience. The main sore point is the sluggish transmission but the manual feels punchy enough.
Consider sport or Longitude (o), the later has nearly 1.75-2l discounts for the 2021 model, which will bring the price to near Taigun level.
The only miss from the list you stated above will be 6 airbags.
Test drive a Compass before you make your choice.
I did test drive the compass, and I absolutely loved it. But my heart is set on the limited (o) or S variant. I just know that I won't be happy with anything else from the compass lineup.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks