Other (please specify in your post) 14 2.24%
Voters: 625. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2021, 15:18   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: XUV700 AX5 diesel AT Vs Creta 1.4 DCT Turbo SX(O) petrol Vs MG ZS EV excite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbhp_turbo View Post
In final result, I was surprised how close they stack up.
what are your thoughts ?
Absolute scores don't make sense for a buyer. It's always weighted score.

What do we value more - resale or convenience or features or comfort or practicality or running cost? Some of these can be pure deal breakers given our use cases.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 16:48   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
I like base models for the value the offer at a cut price.

I would opt for the Seltos, it is more usable on long highway trips, I really would not miss any of the missing features as I found out while driving a base model diesel, but on the other hand a Venue is more compact for city use as well as it offers lower running costs for whom it matters.
None of the base model offers AT (as of now), Creta would have worked for me if they had done GNCAP. My family has taken hard stance not to buy anything which does not have proper safety rating so Creta will be hard sell unless Creta 2022 gets good NCAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Absolute scores don't make sense for a buyer. It's always weighted score.

What do we value more - resale or convenience or features or comfort or practicality or running cost? Some of these can be pure deal breakers given our use cases.
Agree 100%, Even if Creta scored high, Safety is proving to be deal breaker for me and family, While i did put EV in table after test drive, I think XUV700 is what i will keep zeroing on after all the comparisons.
Old 30th November 2021, 17:00   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
None of the base model offers AT (as of now), Creta would have worked for me if they had done GNCAP. My family has taken hard stance not to buy anything which does not have proper safety rating so Creta will be hard sell unless Creta 2022 gets good NCAP. .
I was merely giving an example of how utility can bring more clarity into vehicle purchase rather than comparing numbers. A 3 row crossover can accommodate an expanding family and travel needs, a compact crossover can be more economical to run, easier to manage in the city etc.
Old 30th November 2021, 18:01   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In final result, I was surprised how close they stack up.

what are your thoughts ?
Often, a points system is highly subjective; beyond how many points one may give to a car.

In the chart, equal weightage has been given to all the aspects, which itself is subjective. How much weightage one may want to give to an aspect would vary considerably.

Overal, I personally find a subjective analysis augmented by personal emotional appeal to be a lot more useful. Just my thoughts.

Edit: Scores also don't take into account, how an issue can make a car unviable for some. I can't even properly sit straight in the rear bench of some sedans, especially ones with a sloping roofline, due to lack of sufficient headroom.

Last edited by Poitive : 30th November 2021 at 18:08.
Old 4th December 2021, 17:48   #95
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 vs Tata Safari vs Toyota Innova Crysta vs others

Mahindra XUV700 vs Tata Safari comparison test

Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 21:09   #96

XUV 700 vs Ertiga Vs Alcazar

Hello all this is my first post in the forum. Thanking the moderators for allowing me to post on this platform. Starting off now

The background

We currently own a 2015 Maruti Suzuki Baleno auto . We are looking to upgrade to 6/7 seater . No major problems with the car. the criteria's are:
1. Good safety rating
2. Mainly used as an urban car so auto (preferably petrol)
3. Preferably a 7 seater. Not a fan of the captain seats
4. Budget: 10-20 lakhs OTR Bangalore (a bit strict budget max. 21 for the right one)

Cars Considered

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga / XL6
Name:  ertiga.png
Views: 1439
Size:  182.7 KB
When there is a tight budget there is a Maruti . First the Ertiga the top selling 7 seater in the market
2. Maruti' s less maintenance cost
3. Decent mileage
SO as you can see except for the price and money savings I did not find the CAR attractive

Dislikes
1. Ancient 4 speed TC . (My Baleno has a 5 speed CVT)
2. According to me insufficient power 103 hp (Baleno has 83 hp)
3. Top variant does not get auto.
4. Poor safety

XL6 is pretty much the same car so rejected . But due to tight budget Ertiga is still in the race

XUV 700

Mahindra XUV700 vs Tata Safari vs Toyota Innova Crysta vs others-xuv.png
The XUV 700 the car that shook the market with its features and waiting time . This car is an absolute gem of a car with its 200 hp petrol engine . Man, what a car. Due to my tight budget I can only go for the AX 5 7 seater diesel auto . So like and dislikes of it are of this variant only
2. Really good safety ratings
3. Have not driven the car. So don't know how the diesel will drive
4. Has some tech bites that I like like the twin display screen
Dislikes
1. It does not have a reverse camera !!!!
2. Long waiting period for the car
3. Misses on lot of small comfort features of 18.97 lakhs (ex-showroom) car.
The other option is to got for AX7 (Non L badge) around 19.51 lakhs (ex-showroom). But except reverse cam and ADAS there is nothing much.
My POV on ADAS
I love that Mahindra has bought ADAS to this price range . But IMHO I think India (Indian roads in particular ) are not ready for ADAS. I for one think that
ADAS even though helpful to the driver in some scenarios is harmful in many other . So not shelling out and extra 2 lacks for the AX7 L/T/C
PS : this my opinion about it from what I have heard about it. If anyone of you think otherwise please correct me in the post

Hyundai Alcazar

Mahindra XUV700 vs Tata Safari vs Toyota Innova Crysta vs others-screenshot-20220108-202241.png
This is the best urban 7 Seater in this segment (PS: NOTE URBAN). IMO,
For a change I like the front part of the car unlike many people. They should have followed the same in the back too. The back reminds me of the Tata Hexa.
1. Easier to use in the city compared to others
2. features like 360 degree camera, Blind View monitor are pretty good
3. panoramic sunroof etc
Dislikes
1. Cramped 3rd row
2. Mediocre engine
3. Mediocre safety rating
Nothing stands out in the alcazar but there are not many drawbacks

Other rejected cars

MG Hector plus
1. Chinese car
2. Very Cramped 3rd room space
3. MG's After sales is still a question
Tata Safari
1. Not exactly a family car
2. Tata's After sales is still a question
3. NO VFM at all
Innova Crysta
1. Out of budget
2. Taxi image

So these are all the cars that are there in the 10-20 lakhs with automatic . If the Kia Carens is good than I will add it later. Thank you for reading . Hope I did not bore you

Thank you

Last edited by Aditya : 27th March 2022 at 19:24. Reason: Typos, spacing
tarunbhp91 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 25th January 2022, 16:48   #97
BHPian

I voted for Safari, reason being a Tata, shortlisting rationale as below.

This is something which I am not able to shortlist one over the other, hence, I was following an elimination method and have to eliminated MG (somehow, I am unable to connect with this brand) and Alcazar (it is simply overpriced). This leaves Safari, Innova & XUV 7OO.

Out of the rest 3, I eliminated Innova first. Why I eliminated Innova? - I am unable to picturize myself going to office daily by driving Innova. If the shape was different (nothing else, only the shape), this would have been my choice.

That left me with XUV 7OO and Safari and I eliminated XUV next. Why did I eliminate XUV? The only reason is the waiting period. If I am to buy a car now, then I will not book XUV. If I wanted to replace my current car in another 1-1.5 years, then yes, XUV is the best as of now.

That left with Safari and I voted for it. This doesn't mean Safari is not a capable contender. It is a great car, just that I have to select one, I would have selected Innova over Safari.
Jakku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 14:09   #98
BHPian

To Buy/Not Buy Tata Harrier/Safari in 2022 or Wait for Facelift?

Hello Team BHP

I am officially a Newbie as per Team BHP' definition, but, I am NOT a newbie to Team BHP being an avid follower of this single source of automotive information for the past 2 decades now as a silent spectator outside of the forum

I am seeking guidance from the owners/members in the forum regarding a new car purchase decision.

Situation:
I am happy with my MS Vitara Brezza which am owning for the past 4 years now and so far the ownership experience is flawless. Right from the booking upto 40K Kms now, the car has performed to my expectations and never has it put me in a problem situation.
Irresistible urge to Upgrade:
As mentioned above, although my ownership experience is good, I have been longing for a Bigger car, SUV to be precise with a Crash test rating of 5 stars. I am a bit let down by the interiors of my Brezza and age is catching up fast on the interiors and features. I am also proud that it is the only MSIL car which has a decent 4 Star rating score in the crash test.
Requirement:
We are a family of 5, 4 adults and 1 child and there is no need for a 7 seater. But, a SUV it has to be and it has to be a DIESEL. Not looking at sedans so that kind of rules out sedans. I am OK stretching upto 25L and have considered the Tata twins Harrier XT/A or Safari XT/A solely on the way the new gen Tata SUVs look. I must admit, I have a fondness for Harrier > Safari purely for the coupe-ish stance. I have also evaluated other cross-overs in the price bracket, but somehow unable to convince myself otherwise. No offense to respective owners here, but, these are my reservations.

MG Hector: Obvious Chinese lineage, is a no brainer for me.

VW/SKoda twins: Taigun/Kushaq felt hatch backish in terms of size. Recent EPC issues not withstanding, also realized the build quality is not similar to earlier VAG cars. Also, it is petrol only.

XUV 700: The front is a bit busy for my liking. I would have preferred it without those BIG LEDs which a put off for me personally. Clean side profile and wow those door handles that pop-out are segment first and very appealing. Not sure how long will they last. Also, the upwards of 20 months of waiting periods reported in various forums are a downer. I mean it is just a car for God's sake, who can wait for that long? It is like going back in time to the Bajaj Chetak days

Harrier/Safari: Perfectly, fit my requirement. However, there is some news trickling down that a facelift is on the cards. Also, the forum itself and owners themselves have spoken of the niggles with the infotainment. Considering this May be I repeat May Be, Tata will iron out all these shortcomings in the next iteration.

Please note: I have left out Hyundai Creta for its recent design language(I know a facelift is around the corner with new Tucson's design language). Kia Seltos for build quality/sheet metal/Crash test results. Also, both are a segment lower in my opinion. Hyundai Tucson/ VW Tiguan and other BIG Brawny SUVs are above my budget considerations.

Should I wait for facelift/ Next gen Harrier/Safari? Also, would be the next emission norms further take out the performance out of the diesel engines? I realized Tatas have timed their upgrades with the BS change (Harrier facelift for example co-incided with BS6 transition). Does anyone know of the Toyota's plan for the Mid-size SUV(above S-cross) in collaboration with MSIL? I do NOT mind waiting for a nicely sorted out car than regretting my decision.

Moderators: Please merge this thread if something similar exists already.

Thank you.

Cheers

Some pics of my reliable stable mate- DROGON from Game of Thrones
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 vs Tata Safari vs Toyota Innova Crysta vs others-img0167.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 vs Tata Safari vs Toyota Innova Crysta vs others-img0547.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 vs Tata Safari vs Toyota Innova Crysta vs others-img20200816225544237.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 vs Tata Safari vs Toyota Innova Crysta vs others-inkedimg20200816225544236_li.jpg  

Quicksilver85 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 12:47   #99
BHPian

I voted for Hector Plus as following are key aspects for me to own vehicle:-

1. Niggle free car. After paying 25 big ones, I can’t stand quality issues.
2. After sales service. This matters a lot and also influences ownership experience.
3. Proven Engine / Gearbox. We had few engines which stood out in terms of performance and reliability. I will put my money on them only. Here I am referring Fiat Diesel engines. Best in class.
FiatDiesel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 09:27   #100
Senior - BHPian

Not endorsing Zigwheels by any means, but the conclusion that came out of this video may come as a little surprise. Unless the result was prematurely staged, the most expensive, the most boring specimen stands out.

jetsetgo08 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 23:07   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Not endorsing Zigwheels by any means, but the conclusion that came out of this video may come as a little surprise. Unless the result was prematurely staged, the most expensive, the most boring specimen stands out.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=M8cJGRKtp_0
This comparison,which is perhaps the latest such exercise,serves as yet another feather in the cap of Innova Crysta.It’s ability to perform in all kinds of terrain and road conditions,edging out its more modern rivals is attributable to the genealogy it shares with the Fortuner and the Hilux.
Narendranath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 22:48   #102
BHPian

I think despite you rejecting the Innova, you should go for it, it's reliable, it is dependable and is certainly be much better overall than any of your other suggestions.

And for the Taxi image, I'm sure the Ertiga, which is one of the cars on the shortlist has a bigger taxi image than the Innova. So I would just want to say that if you are ready to ignore the aspect of taxi image, the Innova is the most sensible option. It's a car which is reliable, decently comfortable, can be used for a long time and also holds its value for long. It may be slightly out of your budget, but you will be able to get the maximum benefits out of it for a long time.

If not for anything else, I'll say that you should go for the Hector, or if there is availability, then the XUV 700. Once again, the Chinese image of the Hector will certainly be ignored once you see how good the car is, I'm sure you would like the car. As for the XUV 700, the booking periods are high, but for its price, no car comes close to the features it offers.
TorqueMonster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 10:20   #103
BHPian

Re: To Buy/Not Buy Tata Harrier/Safari in 2022 or Wait for Facelift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver85 View Post
Hello Team BHP

I am officially a Newbie as per Team BHP' definition, but, I am NOT a newbie to Team BHP being an avid follower of this single source of automotive information for the past 2 decades now as a silent spectator outside of the forum

I am seeking guidance from the owners/members in the forum regarding a new car purchase decision.

I am happy with my MS Vitara Brezza which am owning for the past 4 years now and so far the ownership experience is flawless. Right from the booking upto 40K Kms now, the car has performed to my expectations and never has it put me in a problem situation.
Welcome to the forum Quicksilver85

A Brezza with 40k on the odo with that 1.3 MJD diesel will serve you well for another 100k kilometers, if there is really a urge to upgrade do consider the soon to be launched Scorpio, it will surely not upset you and is a true blue BOF SUV in contrast to the crossovers in its segment. TML is readying a petrol Harrier/Safari not sure if it will be a major facelift, but the oil filter issue in diesel will be sorted out as per reports

These were just my 2 cents, Happy Shopping

Cheers
Cliff
Cliff9091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 13:15   #104
BHPian

Re: To Buy/Not Buy Tata Harrier/Safari in 2022 or Wait for Facelift?

Quote:
Hello Team BHP

Situation:
Irresistible urge to Upgrade:

Requirement:
We are a family of 5, 4 adults and 1 child and there is no need for a 7 seater. But, a SUV it has to be and it has to be a DIESEL. I am OK stretching upto 25L and have considered the Tata twins Harrier XT/A or Safari XT/A solely on the way the new gen Tata SUVs look. I must admit, I have a fondness for Harrier.

Harrier/Safari: Perfectly, fit my requirement.
Similar situation, similar cars, similar future choices.

Just that my Brezza is from Oct'16, done 88k and still is a beauty to drive in city or highways.

Everytime I think of upgrading (just for the sake of features), other than Harrier, nothing justifies the pricing or the petrol engine. Tiguan, Kushaq, Seltos are not really upgrades.

However am still holding on to my Brezza for another year till the XUV 700 waiting comes down and some more features are added on the Harrier.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 12:13   #105
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
I am seeking guidance from the owners/members in the forum regarding a new car purchase decision. But, a SUV it has to be and it has to be a DIESEL. I am OK stretching upto 25L.
I would suggest an Innova as well. If 2.4 is not to your liking, you can pick up a used 2.8 (if you're in the mood for a used one). It is bulletproof, fuss-free, will only gain value in the used market and is fun to drive (big engine + RWD as all of the competition is FWD)

Also, Mahindra will reveal the Scorpio soon enough and it is rumored to be quite a competent vehicle with both fantastic Diesel and Petrol engines shared with the XUV700.

If you can buy yourself some time and wait a bit, then why not Scorpio?

Most Viewed