Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2022, 05:09   #46
BANNED

Re: Family man's dilemma for an automatic crossover | Hassle-free, safe & AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivision View Post
I am tentatively closing on between Brezza ZXI+ AT and Grand Vitara Zeta - both offers 6 airbags. Waiting for Zeta price release now, then based on price difference and value for money of differentiating features, will pick one. For me, GV Zeta is safer than Brezza ZXI, as it does not come with a sunroof.
If Ford didn't close business in India, an Ecosport would have been parked in my parking lot by now which had proper AT (TC), all the safety features and 6 airbags too. An used Ecosport is also an option, if you are open to used cars. I am not too confident on used car's quality, so not going for it.
Thanks for the reply, it's very nice to meet someone who is in the same boat as I am. I too have shortlisted the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara and the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder, although I personally felt the Grand Vitara to be a better looking, I am eagerly awaiting the price reveal of the Hyryder which should indicate the prices of the Grand Vitara as well.

I too am not a fan of the sunroof and would like to avoid it if possible. My uncles both had the Ford Ecosport, one with the diesel manual and the other with the automatic, both were excellent vehicles for what they had to offer, but the automatic was a gas-guzzler and so the mileage wasn't great. The diesel manual on the other hand was one of the most fuel-efficient SUVs out there.

As regards the Grand Vitara, I presume you are indeed going for the Zeta mild-hybrid and not the Zeta + hybrid as that's the one without the panoramic sunroof. the Neodrive G Variant of the Urban Cruiser Hyryder could also be of consideration.
krsiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 23:07   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsiva View Post
As regards the Grand Vitara, I presume you are indeed going for the Zeta mild-hybrid and not the Zeta + hybrid as that's the one without the panoramic sunroof. the Neodrive G Variant of the Urban Cruiser Hyryder could also be of consideration.
Right, I am referring to mild/smart hybrid zeta, and yes, the Neodrive G variant of Toyota. The strong hybrid aka intelligent electric hybrid also has a boot space issue as the battery is placed under boot; also I expect it to be much higher priced and would exceed my budget.
Since both Maruti and Toyota cars are basically same, why not buy Maruti than Toyota - so Hyryder is not in my list.
Please do share how your exploration progresses. As for me, I am yet to TD Brezza (hopefully this week) and see GV in person.
bivision is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 04:45   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivision View Post
Please do share how your exploration progresses. As for me, I am yet to TD Brezza (hopefully this week) and see GV in person.
The same holds true in my case as well, I have been trying hard to get a test drive of the Maruti Brezza automatic, we have 4 dealerships here in our district but none of them had an automatic test drive car, one of them sent a service person with a manual test drive car instead, I told them I am looking for the automatic and they said the same would be arranged in a week or two. However they do have a few automatic ZXI+ variants in stock and can deliver as soon as possible.
As far as Grand Vitara goes, they don't even have a car to display in the showrooms in any of the dealerships.
Do let me know how your test drive goes and you can always DM me once you complete 25 posts and become a BHPian. Thanks.
Old 4th September 2022, 00:56   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphique View Post
@headbanger What did you finally end up with?
Apologies for the late reply. With the long waiting periods, I postponed the purchase last year. Since I have my daily drive, my need wasn't immediate then and waiting seemed like a better option.

At this point, I am waiting for GV pricing and tilted towards Seltos HTX IVT. Creta IVT demands waiting period of 60 weeks while I have been given 12 weeks for Seltos IVT. The downside is that I will need to contend with HTX variant and can't go for top end as IVT only comes in HTX variant.

The only reason I am waiting for GV pricing is to ensure that I don't go thru buyers remorse after waiting for an extended period. I have gone thru new Brezza and have even seen Hyryder. The problem is that it's a Maruti grade car inspite of being pitched as a premium offering. In my heart, I am clear around Seltos being a better proposition. It's just the mind which is hopeful of a price surprise from Maruti.

Hopefully, I will be booking car in Navratri week.

Last edited by headbanger : 4th September 2022 at 01:01.
Old 4th September 2022, 07:37   #50
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I too have shortlisted the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara, but going by the prices of the Brezza, I am quite skeptical of how much of a premium are Maruti going to charge for the Grand Vitara over the Brezza, although the Brezza doesn't come with any tax benefits of being a sub 4 metre car owing to the 1.5 litre engine.
If the Grand Vitara is priced sensibly, Maruti would have a winner on their hands.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed