Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2022, 17:11   #61
BHPian

Re: Cancelled my Creta booking | Which SUV or Crossover with a budget of 15-23 lakhs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkponders View Post
Dear BHPians !

Have a very similar confusion, hence using this thread. Need guidance on choosing a SUV in the range 14-17lacs. Key requirements - !
Wait for the new Brezza which is slated to release in June. It will get the 1.5L dualjet + 6 speed TC with paddle shifters, already launched in Ertiga/XL6 now.

GNCAP recently said Brezza is not far from a 5 star rating. Similar to Baleno, Brezza too will get 6 airbags in ZXI variant onwards. Also ESP in AT variants. So good active safety, passive safety covered.

Pricing for ZXI AT should be close to 12 L ex. sh. meaning 14.7 L OTR in BLR.

The 1.5L will be smoother and peppy in city speeds than than any 1.0T + DCT.
anthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 17:41   #62
BANNED

Re: Cancelled my Creta booking | Which SUV or Crossover with a budget of 15-23 lakhs?

My suggestion is to look at post #46 as the best value for money option, easily available. Only downside if you are NOT located in big cities, is its ASS.

Another best value for money is SCross with certain shortcomings like under powered engine, no rear AC vents. Which falls around ₹15-₹16 lakhs. Rumours are showing there is a possibility of a facelift.

CRETA/Seltos IVT will be another gizmos filled, feature rich (No active safety though in the mid tier segment SX and HTX variants). Excellent for city driving needs.

If you can tolerate niggles, I would suggest Harrier which has a huge road presence. But do test drive to see it's driving dynamics.
Old 19th April 2022, 18:05   #63
BHPian

Cars are expensive and certainly not a regular purchase. I think you should just increase your budget and get the Taigun or Kushaq. You get a car from the same segment as a Creta, instead of the other options such as the Brezza, Nexon or XUV300. It may exceed your budget by a slight bit, but you can check your finances and then take a call on it. You would never regret buying a better car, and if you could somehow get the Taigun, it should be the one you take
Old 19th April 2022, 23:11   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
After reading your budget and requirements, SCross from your shortlisted cars makes the most sense.

Alternately, may I suggest you a 6/7 seater - new XL6 or Carens (Prestige Plus variant). Since you regularly travel with parents and kid, and also do outstation trips, a 6/7 seater would be most comfortable. Give it a thought.

If you can wait for a while, you can also have a look at upcoming new Brezza.
Thanks, Knightrider. Will not need a 6/7 seater because it will not be fully occupied on a regular basis.
Old 19th April 2022, 23:13   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick'OKicks View Post
My suggestion is to look at post #46 as the best value for money option, easily available. Only downside if you are NOT located in big cities, is its ASS.

Another best value for money is SCross with certain shortcomings like under powered engine, no rear AC vents. Which falls around ₹15-₹16 lakhs. Rumours are showing there is a possibility of a facelift.

CRETA/Seltos IVT will be another gizmos filled, feature rich (No active safety though in the mid tier segment SX and HTX variants). Excellent for city driving needs.

If you can tolerate niggles, I would suggest Harrier which has a huge road presence. But do test drive to see it's driving dynamics.
Well Nissan is something I have never evaluated, might check that. Thanks !
Old 19th April 2022, 23:24   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthusiast View Post
Wait for the new Brezza which is slated to release in June. It will get the 1.5L dualjet + 6 speed TC with paddle shifters, already launched in Ertiga/XL6 now.

GNCAP recently said Brezza is not far from a 5 star rating. Similar to Baleno, Brezza too will get 6 airbags in ZXI variant onwards. Also ESP in AT variants. So good active safety, passive safety covered.

Pricing for ZXI AT should be close to 12 L ex. sh. meaning 14.7 L OTR in BLR.

The 1.5L will be smoother and peppy in city speeds than than any 1.0T + DCT.
Yes, Brezza is the only one closer to GNCAP safety rating. MSIL needs to do more on the metal quality and overall build quality. Considering a June launch, will be a long waiting periods and I might need a car sooner. But, thanks, will keep an eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick'OKicks View Post

Nissan is something I have never probed in. Will check. Creta/Seltos have focused more on features than on safety. The fact that Airbags, ECS, ESP etc. are not enough for Safety unless you have a better build quality. Such cars are many notches higher in other countries with stringent regulations. Wish India does this - but then yes, pocket matters in Indian Market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueMonster View Post
Cars are expensive and certainly not a regular purchase. I think you should just increase your budget and get the Taigun or Kushaq. You get a car from the same segment as a Creta, instead of the other options such as the Brezza, Nexon or XUV300. It may exceed your budget by a slight bit, but you can check your finances and then take a call on it. You would never regret buying a better car, and if you could somehow get the Taigun, it should be the one you take
Thanks for the nudge - exactly what is reverberating in my mind. The only aspect is the skepticism around VAG ASS and recurring expenses if it is a miss ! I agree both the VAG cousins are better options in terms of safety and joy of driving, just that the 1L could have been priced better !
Old 20th April 2022, 05:45   #67
BHPian

The Nexon EV is not an AMT.
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks