Something bigger like an XUV700, Harrier etc 121 34.08%
Other (please specify in your post) 10 2.82%
Voters: 355. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2022, 23:49   #121

Re: Advice on Replacing my 2013 Etios Liva with Compact SUV/MPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikramCS View Post
Kudos for being very specific in your requirements. But, having owned a Toyota myself for a good 3+ years, I can see most of your requirements can be met only with a Toyota (or a Honda) Nothing wrong at all. My 2 cents:
1. Although it might be very challenging, if you can find a pre-owned Innova AT, it'd be great.
2. It's worth waiting for Hyryder price announcement; test-drive the vehicle please
3. XL6 AT can be a decent choice as well, again, a through test-drive, preferably with family will help decide.
4. Wild-card: A well-maintained XUV500 AT with low odo (if you manage to find a good example, can be a good choice. However, you'll have to do a through background check before finalizing the vehicle. Please refer TBHP use-car buying guide for reference).

Good Luck!
Hi VikramCS and others,

I booked the Ertiga ZXi Plus AT Petrol ex-Mumbai.
Delivery after 14-16 weeks.
It's a smart hybrid.
Creta S-iMT ruled out as rear AC throw is poor. A tall person cannot sit in the middle. Most of these 5-seaters are really only 4-seaters that can squeeze in a small child. Also poorly loaded even at 15.65 lakhs. Only 2 airbags.

With Ertiga, build quality is my only concern. Feature wise, it is well loaded, though not swanky or plush. Ride quality is top class, nonetheless. Torque convertor 6-speed AT is a delight. AC is powerful.

Will have to accessorize with leather seat covers, better speakers, etc. Anti rust and paint-protect are already included. Unfortunately, curtain airbags for second and third rows. However, if the government issues the order to manufacturers to deliver cars only with at least 7 airbags, then I'll get two more. The price payable might go up. They say it might go up by ₹25,000/-. This seems too much.

Thanks to all who read my posts or commented!
Will keep you posted with developments.
Old 20th September 2022, 19:27   #122
BHPian

Re: MG Astor vs MG Hector vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs others

Many Congratulations! Ertiga is a competent product, wish you millions of happy miles and wonderful memories.

Regards.
VikramCS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 19:47   #123
BHPian

Voted for MG Astor.

MH Astor is most luxurious, full of feature and well built car among the options IMHO.

The material used all along the car is notch ahead with the competitors, the MG sales experience is also one level up.

Please let me know what you decide.
UD17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 14:50   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikramCS View Post
Many Congratulations! Ertiga is a competent product, wish you millions of happy miles and wonderful memories.

Regards.
My Ertiga Zxi Plus Petrol 6AT has been delivered!

Took Auburn Red as Magma Grey was not being released in dispatches since a long time, I was told.

Got the following accessories fitted aftermarket from Sound FX by Vicky Motors at Chakala, Andheri East:

• Leather seat covers
  • 7D Mats frin Auto Born
  • Door cladding
  • 3M's 10-piece scratch guard set for bumper corners, ORVMs and door edges
  • Window rain visors
  • Chrome window garnish
  • Complimentary Galio car perfume can

Not fitted any accessories involving electricals as need to test capability of lights, speakers, etc. Anyway, I am a strong advocate of yellow headlamps and fog lamps from the safety angle. Have faced a lot of glare from white lights of oncoming cars when driving my Liva. Nowadays, even heavy vehicles have begun fitting white lights!

Still practising driving as need to get used to idle start stop feature on halting the car at signals and in traffic. Considering disabling that feature.

Driving tips welcome!
Attached Thumbnails
MG Astor vs MG Hector vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs others-img_20230318_204926_439.jpg  

MG Astor vs MG Hector vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs others-img_20230317_175753_142.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks