Other (please specify in your post) 10 2.82%
Voters: 355. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2021, 21:37   #31
BHPian

Re: CSUV Dilemma : Astor or Taigun

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
How do you feel about the left leg position in MG Astor? I am 6 feet and I didn't feel ok with the central console intruding into left leg position, and the odd placement of dead pedal. Perhaps it is okay for shorter city drives, but I don't think it would be comfortable if I have to drive for longer streaches, even from Gurgaon to Noida!!
Windshield and roof line is too close to my forehead.

Otherwise I liked the interior. And I felt good inside the cabin looking outside in the static car.

Want to understand is it just my feelings about Astor ergonomics or a real issue.
Interesting that you bring that up. Honestly I felt okay, however my wife felt that the front passenger leg room felt a little cramped. I feel it may be because of the dashboard design that is a little lower down.

As for windshield height, I was totally okay. I'm used to driving my parents duster which doesn't have seat height adjustment and I always felt I was sitting too high up. So, I was okay with driver ergonomics overall. Just some oddities like the position of the mirror adjust knob come to mind, but that's not something you fiddle with everyday.
immortalmechano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 02:27   #32
BHPian

Re: MG Astor vs MG Hector vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs others

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The MG Astor sure has created an impression. It's no cheaply built Chinese product. Quite the opposite, honestly. Well put together, stylish interiors with the "wow" effect, tech and sorted suspension.

I personally love big cars though, so I'd go for the very impressive XUV700 Diesel AT. It's not a direct competitor, but there is some price overlap in the variants.

Among the smaller breed, I would probably pick a Skoda Kushaq 1.5L, although only after they sort out all the issues & problems. It's a heck of a lot of fun to drive. Haven't driven the Astor yet (expected soon), but I don't think my opinion will change after that drive.
Hey GTO, I have a small concern regarding the VAG twins's 1.5 liter engine. As far as I know(mostly from YouTube video and other websites) almost all the cars that had cylinder deactivation technology for better mileage always had many issues in the long run. Do you think all of this has been sorted with the current generation of engines with cylinder deactivation technology? VW group vehicle had the most number of issues, but all those reviews that I came across were car older than 7-12 yrs but high end vehicles.
Old 28th November 2021, 18:13   #33

Best Automatic SUV to buy under 25 lakhs

Dear All,

I have been driving an automatic Maruti A Star for nearly a decade now and covered almost 1,25,000 kms. I have been looking for an upgrade to an Automatic SUV with the maximum budget being 25 lakhs.

Initially, I was interested in the Mg Astor and even took a couple of test drives but the long waiting periods and lack of clarity on the after sales of MG, dropped that option.

Now, i am confused between the Tata Safari and the Kia Seltos. Though I have already gone ahead and booked the Seltos, the waiting period is almost 17-18 weeks.

Could you guys please suggest or provide some clarity on what option should I go for?

1) My wife isn't too keen on a 7 seater as the car would be used for my daily commute of not more than 40kms on an average and the third row would be hardly used.

I don't mind a 7 seater at all

2) Test drove the Alcazar but didn't find it to my liking.

Would really appreciate if you guys could provide any insight that would be helpful for me to select a car.
Old 28th November 2021, 18:38   #34
BHPian

Taigun GT+ vs VW TROC vs Jeep compass Diesel

Taigun GT+ - VFM and cheapest amongst all..Same engine as T roc, better 2nd row space but smaller boot

Troc - Better quality, bigger boot but CBU , costly and future costs

Compass - seems Diesel is better, manual though costlier than other 2 can be managed, diesel automatic out of budget, niggles in 2021 model.

I am almost ready for TROC, if I get hold of any.Have seen a demo car which has run less than 100km as it was not used much. Should I consider it?
Old 28th November 2021, 19:03   #35
BHPian

Voted for "Something Bigger". A request for poll creators:

1. Please do explain the logic behind choices in the poll: In this poll, for example, I'm not able to understand why Nexon or ZS EV are not present. When a XUV 700 is included, why not Safari or why not Innova Crysta?
2. Please qualify and tell what the poll is trying to accomplish: As in this poll for example, trying to figure out if the new age CSUVs like Kushaq/Taigun and MG Astor are more preferable than bigger full size SUVs

I'm requesting this as many of the polls are ambiguous. I'm a layperson when it comes to the auto industry and its associated technologies. So if I'm wrong, do let me know, and I'll learn. However, If what I say makes sense, please put in place a set of posting rules for polls.

Regards,
lsjey
Old 28th November 2021, 20:43   #36
BHPian

Re: Best Automatic SUV to buy under 25 lakhs

Why not check the Harrier? It has an excellent Diesel AT combo and since you have liked the Safari and don't need the 7 seats, Harrier will not only cost less but looks more proportionate too. Nowadays all the models in that segment are decently popular and have long waiting periods.
Old 28th November 2021, 21:44   #37
BHPian

I would suggest Harrier as you have already shortlisted Safari. The Diesel AT gearbox is a very good combo. I got my Harrier #Dark AT last month. I rarely have 5 occupants in my car so Safari did not make sense.

My experience based on one month/1400km on the car itself is very good.
shashi792 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 02:17   #38
Senior - BHPian

If you don't need a 7 seater building that's fallen over and has had wheels slapped onto it, why not consider the S-Cross (TD before dismissing quoting the engine or the gb), and call it a day. You can invest the money saved into more fruitful opportunities.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 07:43   #39

Why not check out the MG hector CVT Sharp trim. Is pretty smooth and easy to drive in traffic, has bucket loads of space and is filled to the brim with features. MG has good after sales and services and cost of ownership is pretty low if you discount the very average fuel economy.
Also has the big car feel for added bonus!
mpod11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 22:20   #40
Senior - BHPian

Which among these have best ride quality. My cousin has a Terrano and looking for a upgrade. He absolutely loves the ride quality, and he travels through a lot of broken ( non existent ) roads.
Please throw some light if someone has driven most of these SUV's .

P.S : Diesel is preferred fuel.

Last edited by fz_rider : 30th November 2021 at 22:22.
Old 30th November 2021, 23:09   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Which among these have best ride quality.
Hector should surely be test driven for this purpose. Fantastic at city speeds.

Also bear in mind that it comes with lower profile tyres on 18" alloys, and higher profile (softer ride) on 17" alloys.

Last edited by Poitive : 30th November 2021 at 23:11. Reason: Refinement
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 23:16   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Which among these have best ride quality. My cousin has a Terrano and looking for a upgrade. He absolutely loves the ride quality, and he travels through a lot of broken ( non existent ) roads.
Please throw some light if someone has driven most of these SUV's .

P.S : Diesel is preferred fuel.
Hi fz_rider, I would recommend Hector diesel. Ride quality is superb on pothole ridden roads and is frugal to drive as its diesel. Also unlike other diesels, it’s cabin is super silent. No outside noise or diesel clutter. One can enjoy music and peaceful ride within city or highway. I own one and have driven it for 12 K + Kilometres.
Old 2nd December 2021, 19:16   #43
BHPian

I would recommend Hector Sharp CVT (Petrol) if you don't mind the FE. It has one of the best cabin space in the segment. Music system is simply wow.
Drive quality is solid on city roads & highways. Got an average of 15-17 kmpl (cruise control set to 80 kmph) for BLR- Hampi round trip, this is with full AC, sound system.
RaviKBobba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 14:57   #44

Confusion between Used Hector Petrol DCT and Creta SX CVT

Hi Guys, I have been reading lots of ownership reviews and posts by senior members here.

It has brought a lot of insights to me in the car buying process.

I am looking for a safe automatic car with a decent amount of features and interior quality. My budget is 18 Lakhs and can stretch up to 20 Lakhs on road. My monthly running will be about 600 KMs.

My 90% of driving will be in the city.

I have test driven Seltos, Creta, Taigun, Kushaq and Hector.

Here are my views on the cars mentioned above.

1. I am not keen on Seltos due to safety.

2. Taigun and Kushaq are good cars but interiors do not give a feeling of seating in an 18 Lakhs rupees car.

3. Creta looks well-balanced car, maybe this is why it is the top-selling in the segment. But unsure as I think it is made on a platform that is being used in Seltos.

4. I have found a used Hector Sharp DCT 2019 model up for sale for 15.50 Lakhs. 16000 Kilometers on the ODO. The owner says it gives 8KMPL in the city and 10KMPL on highways. The car is in mint condition and has everything I am looking for. It's just a little big for narrow Indore roads. And fuel efficiency can pose a problem if monthly running increases.

I am very much confused between these cars. I am leaning towards Pre-owned Hector and Creta SX CVT.

Would like to have advice from the community, which car I should go with?
akashgurnani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 07:36   #45
Senior - BHPian

Re: Confusion between Used Hector Petrol DCT and Creta SX CVT

That would depend on your definition of safety.

If its GNCAP then none of the cars you mentioned have been tested. If its the feel of things then its a personal choice.
Example the untested S-Cross feels better built than the 4 star GNCAP rated Brezza. Taigun/Kushaq are supposed to be good on safety but not tested yet.

Would recommend to stick to petrol cars only to avoid DPF issues in diesels with your 90% city usage.

To your options I would advice against the pre owned Hector because its a DCT, not very efficient and has done 16k kms so chances of expensive DCT maintenance are high.
Creta CVT would be better than this IMO.

If you're looking at MG then the Astor has good reviews.

Last edited by shancz : 28th December 2021 at 07:37. Reason: typos
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks