Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2021, 13:50   #31

Re: Maruti S-Cross AT | Should I buy the Alpha or Zeta variant?

New Gen Scross Spy pics
Attached Images

nsbhagavath is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 11:42   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapzero View Post
Thanks for sharing this. Very valuable feedback.
1. Did you go with LED fog lights or better halogens? Did it sufficiently improve the highway driving experience or do you still feel the need for better headlights?
2. Are sun-films allowed now in Mumbai? I had put Huper Optik sun film in my Figo that left a huge hole in my wallet. Faced no problem in Pune. But in Mumbai/ Thane I had to pay fines a few times, before I got tired and removed them. Was fined despite the sun-films having the appropriate visibility. This was in 2017 IIRC.
3. Leather sheets showing aging in only 2 years does not inspire confidence in the quality.
1. My fogs are LED projectors with High and Low beam. Was bought from Blaze India almost a year back. Someone from the Forum suggested. It's more than enough on highways. The throw is far in high beam. You can move around in the city with only fogs.
2. I have installed CR70 from 3M. It's not allowed but you can't tell unless you observe carefully. Thanks to the Scross dark interiors, you can't make out from outside. I have sun shades on 3 windows too which makes it more inconspicuous.
3. The Leather is intact. Only the shine isn't there like it was on Delivery day.
DieselAnna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 21:23   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust-n-bones View Post
I feel the imminent arrival of the next-gen is something one should pay attention to.
All the best.
Agree with you. There are pros and cons. New variant is likely to have bells and whistles, but I suppose that will take it in Creta/ Seltos Price range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaheshY1 View Post
If ground clearance is all you want, a used Freestyle diesel will do well.
If you absolutely want to stick with a new car, then I think you're better off with the Nexon diesel AMT, or Sonet turbo ACMT (auto clutch), Sonet diesel TC AT, or Seltos 1.5L ACMT.
My First gen Figo has Ground clearance of 168 mm.
Mom and wife are against buying a used car unfortunately. Have heard bad reviews of AMTs and stories of Nexon AMTs failing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAnna View Post
1. My fogs are LED projectors with High and Low beam. Was bought from Blaze India almost a year back. Someone from the Forum suggested. It's more than enough on highways. The throw is far in high beam. You can move around in the city with only fogs.
2. I have installed CR70 from 3M. It's not allowed but you can't tell unless you observe carefully. Thanks to the Scross dark interiors, you can't make out from outside.
Thanks a lot for the inputs. Will look at Blaze India Fog LED projectors.
Nice point on Dark interiors of SCross. I might be tempted to get sunfilm. Off topic, given that courts have banned it, its surprising that companies still sell them.
Old 16th November 2021, 21:45   #34

Quote:

1. Thanks a lot for your feedback. Yes the LEDs definitely help make the car look better.
2. I have never used Auto IRVM, so your feedback is useful.
3. Which LED projectors did you upgrade to for fogs. Is it a plug and play replacement without any warranty impact?
4. Would love to see a photo
Congrats on booking an Alpha and welcome to the club.

I have used iPHCAR BI-LED projectors, these are plug n play units. You need separate wiring & Control switch for High beams. No splicing/cutting and so no concerns on warranty. Output pics attached

Three function bumper lamps in bumper (attached)

And finally my ride, 3 Years and 52K run..
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross AT | Should I buy the Alpha or Zeta variant?-20210214_130419.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross AT | Should I buy the Alpha or Zeta variant?-img20201230wa0166.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross AT | Should I buy the Alpha or Zeta variant?-img20201231wa0150.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by bblost : 16th November 2021 at 21:56. Reason: Closed quote tag.
nsbhagavath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 23:37   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagavath View Post
Congrats on booking an Alpha and welcome to the club.

I have used iPHCAR BI-LED projectors, these are plug n play units. You need separate wiring & Control switch for High beams. No splicing/cutting and so no concerns on warranty. Output pics attached

Three function bumper lamps in bumper (attached)

And finally my ride, 3 Years and 52K run..
Thank you. I am holding on till 25th nov before booking. Would like to see detailed pics of the upcoming next gen s cross once.
That’s a fantastically well maintained ride . Look very elegant in Nexa Blue. The customization on the chrome grill adds more character to the car.

Those fog lamps looks quite powerful

The rear LED strip is stylish.

Thanks a lot for sharing.
swapzero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 19:06   #36
BHPian

I had recently changed my car to S Cross after owning Mitsubishi Cedia Sports for 12years and having driven 180, 000 kms. Though it is a step down for me, S cross has not let me down so far. I went for the Zeta Variant.
karanp23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 20:32   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. I am holding on till 25th nov before booking. Would like to see detailed pics of the upcoming next gen s cross once.
Thanks a lot for sharing.
I strongly recommend you to hold on to your decision until we get clarity on the next-gen INDIA-bound S-Cross. Spending 16 big ones for an old generation doesn't make sense as it is a significant investment and next-gen is in the immediate launch line-up.

Regarding the price of the next-gen model, I am sure it will be expensive but definitely not in the Creta/Seltos segment as you say. I am anticipating it (the next-gen) to be about 1-2 lakhs dearer than the current one. Not more than that.

So you have all the reasons to wait for the nextgen INDIA bound S-Cross before you decide.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 08:18   #38
BHPian

Hi all, I have a new Scross Zeta coming up in December. I want to upgrade from the basic fog lamps to high beam low beam projectors. Can anyone suggest a good brand and where I can get one installed in Bangalore without voiding the warranty?
Many thanks!
ags82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 22:41   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanp23 View Post
I had recently changed my car to S Cross after owning Mitsubishi Cedia Sports for 12years and having driven 180, 000 kms. Though it is a step down for me, S cross has not let me down so far. I went for the Zeta Variant.
That's really good to know. I am assuming you have the Diesel Scross?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
I strongly recommend you to hold on to your decision until we get clarity on the next-gen INDIA-bound S-Cross. ..
Regarding the price of the next-gen model, I am sure it will be expensive but definitely not in the Creta/Seltos segment as you say. I am anticipating it (the next-gen) to be about 1-2 lakhs dearer than the current one. Not more than that.

So you have all the reasons to wait for the nextgen INDIA bound S-Cross before you decide.
Absolutely valid points. Though I am not sure about the price point. Spoke with Nexa sales rep and they have no idea at all on when it might come to India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ags82 View Post
Hi all, I have a new Scross Zeta coming up in December. I want to upgrade from the basic fog lamps to high beam low beam projectors. Can anyone suggest a good brand and where I can get one installed in Bangalore without voiding the warranty?
Many thanks!
Congratulations on your new S Cross. Checkout iPHCAR M617 fog lamps posted by nsbhagavath earlier in the thread.
Old 24th November 2021, 19:21   #40
BHPian

Quote:
That's really good to know. I am assuming you have the Diesel Scross?
Nope, I went for Petrol as it is available only on Petrol now.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th November 2021 at 21:07. Reason: Quote tag fixed
Old 25th November 2021, 15:16   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Fan View Post
Wait for the 2022 S Cross, maybe it will be priced aggressively and is expected to come with a lot of features/upgrades which the the last gen lacks.
The big announcement was supposed to be today. But nothing pops up in searches. Anyone has updates on this ?
Old 25th November 2021, 20:08   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanp23 View Post
Nope, I went for Petrol as it is available only on Petrol now.
Given that coming from Cedia Sports, SCross did not let you down, led me to believe that you had 1.6. Instills more confidence in the petrol 1.5 now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
The big announcement was supposed to be today. But nothing pops up in searches. Anyone has updates on this ?
See https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...ml#post5202816 (Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta)
and
swapzero is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 20:47   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
The new S-Cross Hybrid is launched. Knowing Maruti, I would be surprised if it is launched next Diwali.
UPS_Guru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 13:03   #44
BHPian

[quote=swapzero;5203043]Given that coming from Cedia Sports, SCross did not let you down, led me to believe that you had 1.6. Instills more confidence in the petrol 1.5 now.

Yes, absolutely. The engine is no match to Cedia 2.0 though. I can say it is the next big alternative. Having driven about 2500 kms with S Cross, the drive quality is good both on highways and the city. The Engine power is something that I miss.

There is also a blind spot in SCross that lets you down on sharp right turns. Cedia was so clean on the driving vision especially, on sharp turns either way.
Old 14th January 2022, 22:17   #45

There has been a plot twist in my story.

Dealer had promised Alpha AT but failed to deliver in Dec.
On 31st Dealer called me and offered a additional discount on a Zeta AT that he had (apparently someone cancelled and he now has a Dec 2021 model in his stockyard).

The Uncle Scrooge (head) in me rationalized over heart and I went ahead with Zeta after doing pre-registration inspection in Dealer stockyard.
Still not got delivery as I am down with Covid. So could not hand over my Figo to the dealer. Hence RTO registration process has still not started.

Thanks once again to everyone on this thread for the invaluable advice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks