Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2021, 14:07   #16

Re: In search for our next steed, a tourer

Looking at your requirements I would suggest the endeavour over the innova. My uncle has a crysta 2.4 V and it's okay but from my experience with ford cars they seem to have really good ride quality compared to the toyotas. I don't think you should worry much about the service and parts availability because there are a lot of ford cars on the road and endeavour is still sold in a lot of markets so you can get any parts but you might face some minor delays if its not in stock. There is one in the classifieds section for a really good price please check it out. The only con I feel with the endeavour is the fuel efficiency for the 3.2 motor. There were really good deals in the ford clearance sale for the newer 2L cars. The top of the line sport 4x4 was available for 28.6 OTR.
Old 9th December 2021, 14:27   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion_16 View Post
THE CONTENDERS:
They are in order of their preference.
1. Ford Endeavour 3.2
2. Tata Hexa XZA
3. Toyota Innova 2.8
4. Toyota Fortuner/Legender 4*4
An alternate suggestion- maybe a brand new XL6? Closest to being reliable as a Toyota, very good ac, captain seats, easy to drive.
Old 9th December 2021, 15:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
THE CONTENDERS:
1. Ford Endeavour 3.2
2. Tata Hexa XZA
3. Toyota Innova 2.8
4. Toyota Fortuner/Legender 4*4 vehicle)
You could also add XL6/Ertiga to the mix, and Mahindra Alturas to broaden the spectrum and - might I be bold enough to suggest for 4 adults and a labby - the Force Gurkha!
Old 9th December 2021, 16:11   #19
BHPian

I see all the cars you have owned are heart over head. Be it Pajero, Bolero (at that time), except Indica.

Will suggest endeavour. Innova is a reliable boring tourer. Endeavour can keep you happy long
noufal.ps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 18:34   #20

We own an Innova Crysta 2.4 VX and for your requirements and use case, I would suggest you to go for the Endeavour rather than the Toyota twins. The Innova and the Fortuner in the used car market is extremely overpriced and getting hold of a low mileage Innova is next to impossible. Also they lack so many features that my six year old grand i10 has the same amount if not more features than my Innova. The Endeavour is an amazing car and getting hold of a good example shouldn't be hard. It has double the amount of features when compared to the Toyota twins and the 3.2 is a gem of an engine. You also shouldn't worry about reliability and maintenance due to the reasons mentioned by many BHPian's.

Just my two cents
Old 10th December 2021, 11:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My heart is stuck on the Endeavour but I'd love to know everyone's views about the options, or any other options I might've missed. We've always gone the pre-owned, pre-loved route and it has been great for us. So really agree with our moderator GTO on the advantages of it.

(PS:- We also wish to buy another true off roader between the Mahindra Thar and the Force Gurkha except the above purchase but it's set for after 5 years so for now I'd wish for a luxury go anywhere vehicle)
I would strongly suggested Kia Carnival. There are few good pre-owned examples available in your city (as per quick online search). You should be able to find more offline.
HammerHead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 17:24   #22

We're not considering the XL6/Ertiga because we just don't find them exciting enough to drive. Also Kia looks too showy and also the reliability is unknown yet, and the low GC scares us after driving it over speed bumps at full load.
The Innova is a reliable one and we do not care for much of the shebang of features except the very basic ones as the more the electronics, the higher the chances of things going wrong, but after taking a few test drives the 2.8 motor felt super capable of what we expect and comes very close to what we feel for the 3.2 in the Endeavour. It is going to be very difficult to choose between the two but since nothing is immediately necessary we'd take our time, your valued opinions and multiple test drives to finalize the car.
Old 28th December 2021, 14:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Ford Endeavour 3.2
2. Tata Hexa XZA
3. Toyota Innova 2.8
4. Toyota Fortuner/Legender 4*4
Pick a well-maintained, low-run Ford Endeavour 3.2 if:

a) You are okay to live with the uncertainty with regards to after-sales support and (ready) availability of parts, given Ford's exit from India

b) Abysmal fuel economy of the 3.2 lit engine

c) Erratic nature of the 6-speed auto-tranny (take some test drives to experience what I am talking about)

I'd not recommend a pre-owned Tata Hexa, given the reluctance of Tata vehicles when it comes to taking abuse.

The safest bet here would be to go with a well-maintained Toyota Innova, from Toyota U-Trust if possible. Yes, I know that U-Trust charges a premium but it comes with peace of mind. A good friend picked up a pre-owned Innova 2.8 last year and has already clocked some crazy no. of km on the same - swears by the vehicle!

If you are decided on pre-owned, there is no point considering a Fortuner as getting one with low odo-reading is next to impossible.

All the best.

Last edited by cool_dube : 28th December 2021 at 14:45. Reason: Typo
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 16:51   #24

I will request the mods to close this thread as we could not go ahead with the purchase due to various reasons.
I wish to thank everyone for their insights and would surely keep those in consideration for our future purchases.

Most Viewed